Movies that make you cry:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The most recent movie to make me cry: Once

Otherwise, old movies get me everytime, just a few:
The Wizard of Oz
Casablanca
Carousel (Billy comes back as an angel to see his daughter - I bawled :( )

It's A Wonderful Life. gets me everytime. happy tears, though.

My eyes have watered up during countless films over the years. Too many to list.

Coulda swore I posted in this thread on it's original run :huh: well anyways, the list of movies that have made me cry, used to be really short, but it's grown over the years:

The Land Before Time
Pay It Forward
Field of Dreams
The Green Mile
The Life Aquatic

There's more, I just can't think of them at the moment, but those are ones that stick out in my mind that straight up made me cry. Now there are a few that make me cry because I used to watch them all the time with my Grandma, and after she died, she left me her VHS movies, and watching those movies that were "our movies" is really hard now. The biggest offenders are Sister Act and Rockadoodle.

Oh, and I cried watching Once, because I was being forced to watch it against my will for school, and I just wanted it to end. I seriously do NOT get why people make such a big deal about that movie.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this one yet.

Pay It Forward

I thought I put that in my list. Apparently not, so add me to the Pay It Forward crying crowd. I bawl in that scene where everyone shows up at the house for the vigil.

I took a look back at my original list and need to add some.

American Beauty
Mississippi Burning
St. Elmo's Fire
The Aviator
Magnolia
Unfaithful
A League Of Their Own
Rebel Without A Cause
A Beautiful Mind
Million Dollar Baby
Blood Diamonds
In Her Shoes
Walk The Line
Click
Into The Wild
Little Miss Sunshine
Garden State
Juno
Sex and the City

i know it's kind of weird, and it's less the movie, but the song "The Rainbow Connection" destroys me.

so maybe i have to add "The Muppet Movie" to the list?

"have you been half asleep? and have you heard voices? i've heard them calling my name ..."

:shocked: I thought I was the only one who felt that way!

I also cry at the end of E.T. and West Side Story. Every. Single. Time.

Stop all the clocks eulogy in Four Weddings and a Funeral gets the ugly cry going :sad: it just breaks my heart

That's the Auden poem, right? The Scottish guy reads it, right? That's a good poem.

Grave of the Fireflies made me weep for about a whole week after seeing it, still can't go back to it 2 years later.

Also, United 93.

I bought that DVD as I heard it was good anime, and holy shit I was not expecting that. After about 30 minutes I realized there were going to be no Mechs or Spaceships. But I stuck it out, and man, it was really good but so friggin depressing.

I don't remember ever crying during a movie but those movies that have touch me or moved me were

Man On Fire
We Own The Night-in some scenes
Blood Diamond
What Women Want
a beautiful mind
catch me if you can-some scenes
definetly, maybe

theres wayyy more but those are the only ones i can think of know..i forgot braveheart

Gladiator made me :cry:

It was kinda like a happy and sad ending, perfectly made. :up:

The Land Before Time.

If you were a child of the 80s and loved dinosaurs, you'll know what I'm talking about. I get teary when I even THINK of Littlefoot's mother.

Another part that get's me is the very ending when that song comes on and all of the little dinosaurs are reunited with their loved ones.

That's a great scene. I love it when the clouds part, the Great Valley is revealed, and Littlefoot looks on in disbelief... I don't believe in heaven, but if it DID exist, it would be just like that. With a majestic James Horner score playing in the background.

I can't believe I just read 12 pages

there are some real bad movies listed here

they were not bad enough to make me cry though

Oh gawd yes! To name a few that have:

A Beautiful Mind
Return of the King
Stella
Beaches
Walk the Line
Sunshine (yes, really, the Danny Boyle movie!)

And many others – but like these are movies I would watch like, once in 2 years or something like that.

And Elfa and NSW, a few posts up, I needed that hard laugh I had because of what you two wrote :lmao::up:
Fantastic!

:D

Back
Top Bottom