Movies that make you cry:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lancemc said:
I almost cried during The Passion of the Christ because Mel Gibson had raped the art of cinema so badly and stolen my $8.00.

:lol:

The Lion King (Mustafa's death :sad: ) Haven't seen the film since it was first released when I was 7.
In fact most Disney films have left me teary-eyed, probably why I refuse to watch them now.

And I'd be cold, heartless liar if I said that mother and her children scene in Titanic didn't hit me.

Saving Private Ryan is another.
Where Capt. Miller says to Ryan ''Earn it'' and it fades to the present day Ryan in the cemetry, then Hymm to the Fallen starts.

American Beauty, when he says basically that was it, and he loved every second of his perhaps boring, banal life, and we may not understand it but we will someday and then 'Because' comes on and I just start to cry.

i know it's kind of weird, and it's less the movie, but the song "The Rainbow Connection" destroys me.

so maybe i have to add "The Muppet Movie" to the list?

"have you been half asleep? and have you heard voices? i've heard them calling my name ..."

I remembered another one.

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

It's mostly because of Bryan Adams music and singing, especially at one certain part at the end that gets me every time.

There was an old movie I saw as a kid, maybe 12 or so, about the Holocaust. I don't know the name of it, but I could not stand to see all those people just tossed in a big pile like wood. And they showed full nudity. I kid you not. I still remember that scene.

Black Beauty. Why? The parts where they cart past the mare after she'd died, and how broken down Black Beauty himself was at the end.

Actually, usually any movie that shows gross cruelty to a person or an animal will make me cry. Because I want to go out and start killing the abusers.:p

The Return of the Jedi

When Luke finally see's his father's face for the first time (and vice versa I guess). Then he gives him the burial by fire.

I still want to ball my eyes out.

Not sure of other movies off the top of my head.

corianderstem said:

I don't quite remember. I just remember crying! Maybe I was all overcome by the Requiem playing during his death scene.

I know it's just a fictionalized version of things, but such a talent, gone so young. Perfection poured out of his brain onto paper.

As I said, I love the film and found it moving...just was wondering if one scene in particular got to you.

Toy Story 2

Nothing brings the waterworks like Sarah McLachlan's warbling "When She Loved Me".

I cried at the end of Babe, too.

During the "Uncle Fucka" part of the South Park movie I laughed so hard, I cried. Does that count?

corianderstem said:
During the "Uncle Fucka" part of the South Park movie I laughed so hard, I cried. Does that count?

I say so. I was cracking up at that the other night myself. :wink:

< laughs himself into tears easily. Can barely breathe when that happens. :lmao:

sandlot.jpg

corianderstem said:
I nearly fell out of my seat at the theater laughing so hard at that scene (which actually did happen to me once, the Ben Stiller/Puffy fight scene and subsequent "History Repeating" montage with the dog in the body cast in There's Something About Mary actually put me on the theater floor I was laughing so hard)

Crying...not so much.
I won't bother with my usual quote from the reknowned Craig T. Nelson in "Coach", but lets just say, foot, bear trap, yeah.

Hewson said:
I nearly fell out of my seat at the theater laughing so hard at that scene (which actually did happen to me once, the Ben Stiller/Puffy fight scene and subsequent "History Repeating" montage with the dog in the body cast in There's Something About Mary actually put me on the theater floor I was laughing so hard)

Crying...not so much.
I won't bother with my usual quote from the reknowned Craig T. Nelson in "Coach", but lets just say, foot, bear trap, yeah.

Red Sox fans don't cry, damnit.

I'm thinking hard about whether a funny scene put me on the floor......I don't think so. The nude wrestling scene in Borat really did hurt my ribs at one point, though. There's no point in ever watching that scene again, I'll never laugh as hard at is as I did while watching it in a full theater.

A lot of movies have made me cry but Big Fish and The Green Mile made me feel like I lost a family member :sad:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Maybe I'm a softy, but I cry at the end of The Life Aquatic when Steve finally sees the Jaguar Shark.

It doesn't help that a Sigur Ros song is playing in the background either.

I hear ya :up:

Back
Top Bottom