Movies that make you cry: - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #31
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
am i the only male on earth who thinks "Field of Dreams" is bullshit? no, seriously, i thought the whole thing was silly and i just can't get all that sentimental about baseball.

anyway, my tear-jerkers:

E.T.
Brokeback Mountain
The Fox and the Hound
In America
The English Patient
*raises hand*

Girl = has never seen Field of Dreams
__________________

__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
am i the only male on earth who thinks "Field of Dreams" is bullshit? no, seriously, i thought the whole thing was silly and i just can't get all that sentimental about baseball.

anyway, my tear-jerkers:

E.T.
Brokeback Mountain
The Fox and the Hound
In America
The English Patient
I think you need to listen to Terrance Mann's speech about how baseball unites the world and everyone loves it. Baseball is the greatest thing ever.

If you don't agree, I will use Dwight Schrute-style shunning on you.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,664
Local Time: 03:21 AM
Field of Dreams is also my #1 tear-jerker.

I say, if someone finds The Fox and The Hound more emotional than Field of Dreams, that is bullshit.
__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,483
Local Time: 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


I think you need to listen to Terrance Mann's speech about how baseball unites the world and everyone loves it. Baseball is the greatest thing ever.

If you don't agree, I will use Dwight Schrute-style shunning on you.


i enjoy baseball. if the Red Sox are still alive whenever September rolls around, i watch. 2004 was emotional for me, but more because of my grandfather than anything. i enjoyed playing baseball when i was little. i enjoy going to baseball games. and i agree that baseball might unite American males and they love it.

but the world? nah.

and i just can't get sentimental about it. i thought the movie was preposterous -- ghosts and cornfields and the daughter choking was the most contrived thing ever and his wife was superannoying.

now, "Bull Durham" -- that's a baseball movie. love that movie because it's not really about baseball, it's about sex.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,483
Local Time: 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
Field of Dreams is also my #1 tear-jerker.

I say, if someone finds The Fox and The Hound more emotional than Field of Dreams, that is bullshit.


Fox and the Hound is about race relations and how the two can't be friends because they are supposed to be natural born enemies.

and the scene where the old lady brings the fox back into the woods to let him go after nursing him back to health. devastating.

none of this ghost crap.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,664
Local Time: 03:21 AM
But Field of Dreams isn't about badeball either. Hell, I friggen hate baseball.

It's all about living with one's regrets and second chances. Seriously, the baseball aspect is a really, really small bit, merely just a setting.

I mean, sure, Terrance Mann does talk about the emotional effect baseball has on people near the end, but he might as well have been talking about the emotional effect of eating a good hotdog.

Maybe you should give the film a second chance?
__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,483
Local Time: 02:21 AM
i've seen it, like, three times. i've flipped by it on cable. and i don't get it. i really don't. it must be me, because it certainly has its fans.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #38
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




i enjoy baseball. if the Red Sox are still alive whenever September rolls around, i watch. 2004 was emotional for me, but more because of my grandfather than anything. i enjoyed playing baseball when i was little. i enjoy going to baseball games. and i agree that baseball might unite American males and they love it.

but the world? nah.

and i just can't get sentimental about it. i thought the movie was preposterous -- ghosts and cornfields and the daughter choking was the most contrived thing ever and his wife was superannoying.

now, "Bull Durham" -- that's a baseball movie. love that movie because it's not really about baseball, it's about sex.
No. The world. The whole damn world. It's all baseball. Terrance Mann made that clear. Don't doubt Terrance Mann.

[shun]

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JessicaAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Milwaukee, WI (USA)
Posts: 11,743
Local Time: 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
Titanic...

Don't act like you didn't cry when the mother is tucking her two children into bed and telling them the story.
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Titanic for the scene elevated just described - if you didn't tear up at that you're a heartless bastard.
I told my mom she didn't have a heart because she didn't cry


Beaches

Steel Magnolias

Enough said.

Also, It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, and Yankee Doodle Dandy (an old movie about the life of George M Cohan with James Cagney).
__________________
JessicaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #40
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 570
Local Time: 02:21 AM
Normal

dont ask but movie that tugs at me is Stepmom with Susan Sarandon adn Ed Harris. Gets me every time I watch it which is a once a year traditon around Christmas.
__________________
lucky charms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cruzila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Posts: 6,591
Local Time: 03:21 AM
The Outsiders

When Johnny goes into the burning church to save the children and ends up dying....then when Ponyboy is reciting that Mark Twain poem.
__________________
cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:20 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 02:21 AM
I'm told that I cried when I saw Bambi for the first time.
__________________
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict
 
sami0201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: among the fields of gold...
Posts: 23,193
Local Time: 03:21 AM
Armageddon (I know it's cheesy but I still cry EVERY TIME)
I cried the first few times I saw Stepmom
Titanic
The Notebook
I cried the first time I saw Love Actually

trying to think of more...
__________________
sami0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 03:21 AM
Oh boy...

The Passion of the Christ
Crash
Forrest Gump
The Notebook
Titanic
A Walk To Remember
Mystic River
21 Grams
I Am Sam
Dead Man Walking
Stepmom
Steel Magnolias
Pearl Harbor
Man on Fire
Angel Eyes
Life is Beautiful
Beyond Borders
Raising Helen
Frequency
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Rainman
Jerry Maguire
Remember The Titans
The Outsiders
Sybil

Yeah, there's probably more...
__________________
U2isthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #45
Refugee
 
Snowlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,211
Local Time: 01:21 AM
Pirates Of The Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. Tears of boredom.
__________________

__________________
Snowlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com