Moments in films/entire films that legitimately scare you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laz's list is pretty spot on. Jacob's Ladder is amazing though, yeah. Also Altered States.

Blair Witch really is one of the all time greats. But generally I'm a sucker for found footage horror even though most of them are just horrrrrible. A couple ones I especially like, with mainly cheap scares to be fair, are The Last Exorcism, Paranormal Activity 3, Grave Encounters, and recently Bobcat Goldthwait's Willow Creek, though the latter shares more of the legitimate qualities of Blair Witch, with some truly virtuoso filmmaking decisions at times.

Vanessa Redgrave going totally bonkers in Ken Russell's The Devils, too. The level of physical torment she's going through is unbearable.

I haven't seen it since but I seen Phantasm when I was wayback. The scene of the ball drilling someone's head. And that undertaker grabbing my shoulder and introducing me to U2:lol:

Phantasm is one movie I just keep hearing about this year. I'm taking a break from horror for a bit, but as soon as I'm back on the wagon, I'll have to check it out.

They're supposedly releasing the long-awaited fifth film next year, it was completed in secret and a trailer debuted like 6 months ago out of nowhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1wOobOGa4w

I highly recommend watching the whole quadrilogy. The first is so creative and eerie, and totally out of step with its contemporaries (Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc.). Phantasm II is a hell of a lot of fun, and while the third installment is merely ok, the fourth is a very strange and divisive concoction: it combines new footage with outtakes from the original film. But it has one of the most poetic endings I've ever seen in a horror series.

The blend of horror/sci-fi/fantasy is pretty damned ambitious, especially for a series that's always been so low-budget.

Yeah, I think the story of the Paranormal Activity films is very interesting. Although the first time I saw the original movie, I watched it with the alternate ending that involves Katie getting shot by the police. I thought that ending was great because it made you wonder what was really going on.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I just watched The Marked Ones last night, and maybe it was the wine, well it was probably the wine coupled with the fact that this entry in the series was a bit more light hearted.. but I thought it was actually kind of fun and a good entry in the series and it was interesting how it furthers the story and ties some things together. The whole time travel aspect is kind of meh. But I am a fan of Doctor Who.

Back
Top Bottom