Modern Family -Best new comedy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw the "Caught In The Act" episode. OMG!!! :lol:

I grew up with a single mom, so this wasn't an issue, but my wife had her parents going at it like bunny rabbits growing up, so I don't think she found this episode as great as I did.

What did the kid say to end the show? "Afterward, I can't even look at Dad." :lol::lol::lol:

That's such a great show! No, this show is a mocumentary about three branches of the same family--the father, his new wife and stepson; the daughter, her husband and three children; and the son, his husband and daughter.

It's a "mockumentary" insofar as they occasionally have the characters talking to the camera like it's an interview, but there's no background as to why this is happening.

Was there any ever context given as to why they're supposedly being filmed? It's kind of silly when you think about it. If the characters are supposedly in a "documentary," why isn't there any reference to it other than the interspersed interviews? Why are they being filmed anyway? Wouldn't there theoretically be cameras all over as they're being filmed every minute of their day?

It's like The Office - why does anyone care about a paper company? Why are they being filmed? Why are they STILL being filmed?

It's an excuse for the characters to make funny comments outside of the situation in question, which is all well and good, but the whole idea of the "mockumentary" is pretty stupid when you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom