Millennium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Any Fans of the Show Millenium? I loved the show Frank was kick ass. (Lance Henrickson)

Anyone else like the show?

I only saw a few complete episodes, but I remember one scene where one of the main (?) female characters had an intense FREAK OUT while Patti Smith's "Gloria" played in its entirety.

It freaked me out, I must say.

It was actually Patti Smith's "Horses" (or Land, if you will) and it's an interesting scene. I watched the show, enjoyed it despite its numerous flaws.

Any Fans of the Show Millenium? I loved the show Frank was kick ass. (Lance Henrickson)

Anyone else like the show?

My friend, you just asked one of my favorite questions! Season 1 was amazing, as I rewatched things on DVD and, if anyone hasn't seen it in years and liked the darkest moments of The X-Files, but wants something as high in quality but refreshingly different in characters and themes, here's the pilot and an amazing episode:

Pilot:
Part 1:
YouTube - Millennium(1996) Pilot
2:
YouTube - Millennium (1996) Pilot 2/12
3:
YouTube - Millennium(1996) PILOT 3/12
4:
YouTube - Millennium(1996) PILOT 4/12
5:
YouTube - Millennium(1996) PILOT 5/12
6:
YouTube - Millennium (1996) 6/12
7:
YouTube - Millennium(1996) 7/12
8 (favorite scene of the entire episode: I LOVE how Frank Black talks.):
YouTube - Millennium(1996) 8/12
9:
YouTube - Millennium(1996) 9/12
10:
YouTube - MILLENNIUM(1996) PILOT 10/12
11:
YouTube - MILLENNIUM(1996) PILOT 11/12
12:
YouTube - MILLENNIUM(1996) PILOT 12/12

"Sacrement" by Frank Spotnitz
Part 1:
YouTube - MILLENNIUM(1996) PILOT 12/12
2:
YouTube - Millennium 2/12
3:
YouTube - Millennium 3/12
4:
YouTube - Millennium 4/12
5:
YouTube - Millennium 5/12
6:
YouTube - Millennium 6/12
7:
YouTube - Millennium 7/12
8:
YouTube - Millennium 8/12
9:
YouTube - Millennium 9/12
10:
YouTube - Millennium 10/12
11:
YouTube - Millennium 11/12
12:
YouTube - Millennium 12/12

It was actually Patti Smith's "Horses" (or Land, if you will) and it's an interesting scene. I watched the show, enjoyed it despite its numerous flaws.
Yeah it's "Horses". Hated that scene. Season 2 on was pretty terrible because Fox dumbed it down by trying to make it like The X-Files and Chris Carter let Morgan and Wong take over as executive producers and they had a more simplistic way of writing with lots of melodrama and cheesy self-sacrifice. The woman character who goes mad in that scene was Glen Morgan's wife; very annoying. When Chris Carter got back to the show, he didn't understand how the story had gotten to that point; he still hasn't watched all of Season 2.

Also, the series is being sold altogether in October:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Millennium-Complete-Collection-Box-Art/10484

However, all the season sets are reduced in price, and Season 1 is indispensable. If there's enough support for the show, Fox will allow Chris Carter to do a movie and both he and Lance Henriksen have said they'd love to do one in the style of Season 1.

The Season 1 DVD has an awesome 50-minute documentary on the making of Season 1 and Carter really explained the character to me as someone with a quiet confidence who doesn't care about "selling" his argument to others. Really interesting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom