Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - He was not breathing / Michael Jackson is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you're right, videos suck these days. I think that's mainly caused by stations like MTV and VH1 moving their programming away from the music they were founded for to cheap, trashy reality TV. There's no point in making a music video if no one will play it.

That's because there's absolutely no reason to produce them any more. They're an outdated promotional tool. It's the other way around I think.

Not to add fuel to either fire and you're obviously entitled to your opinion, but I dont think that this automatically displays guilt. Theres a lot more to lose by going to trial. You never know how events will get twisted, etc. I think if I were in a similar situation with the means to settle out of court, I'd rather guarantee my freedom. You've got a lot less to lose if you go to trial as a plaintiff

Good point. You never know how they will try to twist things by asking questions like "Why do you have photos of naked children?" and "Why is this boy able to identify markings on parts of your body that are normally clothed?" or "Why do you sleep in the same bed with children who aren't yours?"

Maybe we're the weird ones. Look at U2 concert videos. The rest of the world goes apeshit insane at U2 concerts, we kind of stand around, cheer a little, drink some beer, talk to our friends.

Except the freaks who sit down in front of the band to protest at how they're not being treated like VIPs.

THERE'S A HOLE IN THE HEART!!

WHY DOES BONER LIE?!?!?
:sad:

but if this programming introduces some dumbass, musically deprived teens and young 20somethings to the genius of Michael Jackson and how pop music can be more than mind-numbing shit, than that's a good thing.

But not if they keep playing the C-list videos from Michael's discography! :scream:

Seriously, people!

His boots in Rock With You are the most amazing things. I hope they're in a museum somewhere or something.

I feel like I've lost a part of my childhood today. First Farah Facett and now Michael Jackson. A flood of great memories rushed over me to be followed by sadness. May they rest in peace.

But not if they keep playing the C-list videos from Michael's discography! :scream:

Seriously, people!

I've seen "Billie Jean", "Beat It" and "Thriller". I'll admit, I literally bust out laughing every time I see that outfit and shoes from the "Rock With You" video, but, I've seen some good ones. Also, why does Timbaland sound like he's 30 seconds away from throwing himself out a window?

My little brother is playing a video game called Plants Vs. Zombies. We both about lost it when a Thriller Michael Jackson Zombie popped up. He's only 8, but he's been watching the news with me all day, and he knows this is a big deal.

When I was about 8 or 9, I owned his music video DVDs and watched them over and over.

"Liberian Girl" has the most random group of '80s B-list celebrities in one video. I distinctly remember a pudgy Dan Aykroyd driving up on a motorcycle looking for Michael.

I'm not sure if showing the Thriller video is really appropriate. Also "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" probably isn't the right message, either.

"Liberian Girl" has the most random group of '80s B-list celebrities in one video. I distinctly remember a pudgy Dan Aykroyd driving up on a motorcycle looking for Michael.

That's what that was? I've never even heard of Liberian Girl. And I was paying attention to him in the 80s!

Hey, it's my old poster! Oh, sweater vest. How I loved you. I'm sorry my grandma's efforts didn't produce a sweater vest quite like this one.

p1001.jpg

MTV: Jackson 5 on American Bandstand. They've moved off my hate list for a moment.

I'm not sure if showing the Thriller video is really appropriate. Also "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" probably isn't the right message, either.

I think the werewolf section at the beginning helped pave the way for the future masterpiece that was Teen Wolf.

He has the top 13 albums on Amazon.com right at the moment. That is pretty crazy even with his death.

Good point. You never know how they will try to twist things by asking questions like "Why do you have photos of naked children?" and "Why is this boy able to identify markings on parts of your body that are normally clothed?" or "Why do you sleep in the same bed with children who aren't yours?"

Hey man, I'm not saying he's for sure innocent or guilty. I'm just saying its not fair to presume guilt just because someone settles out of court. It happens all the time

I remember my 5th grade teacher - he was the "cool" teacher, and he used to let us play music once in a while.

Someone had brought in their Thriller album, and we wanted to play the title track, but he wouldn't let us, because he didn't want some parent to complain that he played a song that had "hell" in it.

We begged our asses off, and argued "But it's not a swear in the song! He's talking about the place, not saying GO to hell!!!!!"

We eventually won. :)

I think Michael Jackson reached a point where he transcended his more recent fiascos. There are a few artists that do that--Elvis, The Beatles, the Stones, Madonna, and of course, U2, but for those few, their contribution to music and culture will stand the test of time even if there later work left much to be desired. (Though in my opinion, U2's most recent work is pretty darn good--but I think it's fair to say they aren't having quite the cultural impact that they did during JT or AB. But I digress. . .)

For the casual fan of music anyway, MJ's personal weirdness is beside the point. He left a legacy.

There's no arguing that.

I'm sad for him.

But then I've been sad for him for quite some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom