Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - He was not breathing / Michael Jackson is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 9:30 here in Michigan. Every time I check the music stations I haven't seen anything. There's something scrolling on the screen on VH1 Classic, and I just turned on MTV, and they're talking about him. They even brought John Norris out of the retirement home in Boca. I hope they're acknowledging that the current pathetic fucking dreck that is their channel wouldn't exist without Michael Jackson and his videos.
They actually did. They were talking about how the premiere of a MJ video was a MAJOR event on MTV.

Watching MSNBC now ~ helicopter flying body to coroner.....:(

the night before i got my A Level results back in the day, i went to see England v Ukraine in newcastle. On the way back it was a 6 hour drive back home to the midlands due to the traffic and we only had one cd. It was History part 1, the greatest hits cd and we listened to it on repeat for 6 hours and never got sick of it. We even got lost and forgot to turn off the motorway we were enjoying it so much

I remember that.

Also remember that I got the shit kicked out of me in grade 7 over my Thriller cassette. It wasn't all that cool to like him where I lived.

I wasn't born until 6 years later, but I've seen the video many times on TV and Youtube. I can't even watch any Jackson 5 videos right now. That adorable, incredibly talented little boy just breaks me right now.:sad::heart:

Michael Jackson was like my first pop idol crush.
I feel bad for his children. No father and no real mom who will be there for them. :(
So incredibly sad.
RIP Michael Jackson :sad:

Well, the 2 older children have their mother for sure. Debbie Rowe (his ex-wife) is the mom of his 2 older kids, and she gave custody to Michael after their divorce, but they'll probably be reunited with her now. As for the youngest child, nobody knows who his mother is (likely a surrogate), so it's hard to say what will happen to him. Maybe Debbie (if she gets custody back) will get custody of him too, to keep the kids together.

Well, the 2 older children have their mother for sure. Debbie Rowe (his ex-wife) is the mom of his 2 older kids, and she gave custody to Michael after their divorce, but they'll probably be reunited with her now. As for the youngest child, nobody knows who his mother is (likely a surrogate), so it's hard to say what will happen to him. Maybe Debbie (if she gets custody back) will get custody of him too, to keep the kids together.

They were saying that because Debbie Rowe signed away her parental rights not once, but twice, that it's not at all a given that a judge would rule for her to get the kids.

Another song that just came up on my iPod (Adam Lambert's version) that reminds me of Michael's life.:sad:

Mad World

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
And their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very
Mad World
Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday
Made to feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me

It's a trip to flip through the radio stations and hear every one of them playing a MJ song.

I turned on the radio and a few stations here are playing him.

We all have so many moments like this. Was listening to PYT and all of a sudden I remembered that the first time I danced with friends to this was at the same friend's house who introduced me to U2! I can still see it we were all in her basement dancing to it when we weren't supposed to (our religion banned him because of the 'demonic' Thriller video). Andrea and Dana, hello also!!

PYT :heart:

I was out with my girlfriends a couple of months ago and they played it and we were all dancing to it.

They just played a bit of the Thriller video on Mtv and I just remembered how when I was little I made my parents rent the "making of" video a million times. I had such a huge crush on him. That's how I'm going to remember him. I pray he's at peace now.

Jermaine is talking now on CNN giving a press conference. He looks like he's really having a tough time giving the statement. Poor guy. In people's minds he was everything from a legendary genius to an evil freak (which I'll never understand) but to Jermaine (and the other siblings) along with his parents and children, he was a brother, son, and father.

Looks like MTV has finally moved to MJ videos on the west coast.

Either that, or The REal World now looks like an 80s movie with cameos by Whoopi Goldberg, Paula Abdul, Sherman Helmsley, Debbie Gibson and one of those Arquette girls, and the rich girl from Different World and ..... Weird Al Yankovic?

I seriously have no idea what video this is.

Huh, it didn't turn into any video. Just a big collection of 80s stars and then MJ at the end. I've never seen that before.

Seriously.

This is REALLY upsetting for a lot of people, myself included.

I have been at a loss for words since I heard. And yes, there have been tears twice already. I'm with Sicy...let's just hold off on the bickering and have some respect for the HUGE loss we're all dealing with. My heart goes out to his family, and especially his children. :heart:

5128_120740291082_654046082_3330596.jpg

If the above doesn't make sense to you:

YouTube - CSI Miami - Endless Caruso One Liners

This is just so sad....I was in high school at the hight of Thriller and when he started his transcendation into someone else and you just knew then that he was a person that wasn't going to live into an old age.

Along with Donny Osmond, Michael Jackson was one of my first crushes. :cute: :sad:

Rest in Peace Michael.

Look, I get some people don't like him. I can also take a good joke and have even laughed alot at the ones that diss Bono.

But do we typically lampoon, jeer at and make fun of any other celebrities or musicians on the day of their death here on Interference? Do they not get at least one day of respect as a human being who has given something to the planet and has passed on? Honestly. :|

Did MJ still own the publishing rights to the Beatles catalogue? I know there'd been talk in past years that he'd been looking to sell or something, with all his financial troubles. Did anything ever come of that?

Did MJ still own the publishing rights to the Beatles catalogue? I know there'd been talk in past years that he'd been looking to sell or something, with all his financial troubles. Did anything ever come of that?

I think he sold half to Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom