Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - He was not breathing / Michael Jackson is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Thriller came out I used to fall head over heels massive unrealistic crush style for various girls in my grade (and the next two up :huh: ). I used to imagine dancing with them to The Lady In My Life...still in my books one of the best slow jams of all time.

:hug: VP :hug:

:hug:

Will You Be There is one of the loveliest songs ever recorded.

That, along with Ben, are now verboten for me, for the foreseeable future. lol

I was in high school when Thriller was released. That was a crazy time, so huge. I was more of a rock chick, but wow, his talent transcended genres, I think everyone recognized his talent.

Will You Be There is one of the loveliest songs ever recorded.

That was one of my favourites, too. :love: I listened to it all the time, especially after it was played in the movie Free Willy.

I was driving home this afternoon, and my favourite radio station was letting people call in and request songs, and share their stories. Some of them were so incredible, and I totally lost it.

His music will never die. Michael Jackson is a true legend. Rest in Peace. This is a say day for music.

On CNN, an LAPD lieutenant is saying that it's being investigated by LAPD robbery and homicide, but he also said not to read too much into that, that deaths are investigated every day. It's apparently not unusual in high profile cases...

Yes but they are getting it from TMZ so it says.

MAN I have tix to see him next year

Please note, I really really really don't mean this in a callous way, but I suspect those are gonna be worth a lot of $$ soon enough.

I was never a fan of his, but I have long felt sorry for him. He was fabulously rich and famous, but I always felt he was terribly unhappy and pathetic. I would not wish his life on anyone.

I hope for him that in death he'll find peace.

I think this pretty much echoes how I feel.
I was never a big fan. but I do have a very vivid memory of watching Free Willy for the first time when I was little and adamantly informing my parents that the person singing that song was a woman, gosh darn it! And his songs were catchy, I enjoy them.
But I've always felt that for all his success, fame,and money, he's had a tragic life. And now a tragic end.
RIP :(

On CNN, an LAPD lieutenant is saying that it's being investigated by LAPD robbery and homicide, but he also said not to read too much into that, that deaths are investigated every day. It's apparently not unusual in high profile cases...
I don't think it's all that uncommon in general. When my neighbour died, since he was home alone the police were called in and took reports and stuff.

Terri Schiavo is not my lover

34214303.jpg

This is the fate

that America gave him.

wow.....what is wrong with you? I can't believe No one calls you out on your snarky remarks:| this is just a handful

Yeah people who think grieving over the loss of one of the best musicians of all time is childish or silly could always just avoid this thread.

I never got the criticism over his looks. Did he in fact have a skin disease that was bleaching his skin in irregular splotches? Let's see - if you had the money, wouldn't you want to do something about it. Facial reconstruction...well just how conflicted would you be if your skin looked different than the rest of you? And tons of people have plastic surgery. His just wasn't all that successful. Why do these things make him a bad person or someone to posthumously mock? Would I have preferred that he always look something like the cover of Thriller? Sure, but of what place is it of mine to judge him?

Martin Bashir really shouldn't be reporting on Michael Jackson's death, considering the way he used Michael Jackson earlier this decade.

I am truly sad. It's such a shame that so many younger people (my friends included) don't realize what a brilliant artist he was and what he contributed to the entertainment industry. :(

I can't believe this Micheal Jackson is dead...My Mom told me about an hour ago I had to go to the tv unbelievable, I wasn't a huge fan of his.
But RIP MJ I hope you find the peace that has alluded you all these years..

It's a trip to flip through the radio stations and hear every one of them playing a MJ song.

Every "music video" station is showing the same damn MTVNews thing. MTV and Vh1, there are at least five channels between the two of you, show some videos.

I so wanted to see him
Just heard jermain jackson on the radio he was devastated as expected

i so wanted to see him live

this is not going to sink in until after the date of the gig i was going to see him on

I'm totally gutted, not about the gig, but in general.

I'm listening to "Billie Jean" and smiling for the first time in hours. I'm thinking about the Motown 25 video and the debut of the moonwalk. That's how I wanna remember MJ.:love:

What time is it where you guys are who are seeing MJ on the music channels? Nothing on the west coast.

What time is it where you guys are who are seeing MJ on the music channels? Nothing on the west coast.

It's 9:30 here in Michigan. Every time I check the music stations I haven't seen anything. There's something scrolling on the screen on VH1 Classic, and I just turned on MTV, and they're talking about him. They even brought John Norris out of the retirement home in Boca. I hope they're acknowledging that the current pathetic fucking dreck that is their channel wouldn't exist without Michael Jackson and his videos.

I'm listening to "Billie Jean" and smiling for the first time in hours. I'm thinking about the Motown 25 video and the debut of the moonwalk. That's how I wanna remember MJ.:love:

I remember that.

Also remember that I got the shit kicked out of me in grade 7 over my Thriller cassette. It wasn't all that cool to like him where I lived.

I'm just remembering checking out the Off The Wall vinyl LP at a friend's house when I was 12. Hello, Beverly, wherever you are! RIP M.J.

We all have so many moments like this. Was listening to PYT and all of a sudden I remembered that the first time I danced with friends to this was at the same friend's house who introduced me to U2! I can still see it we were all in her basement dancing to it when we weren't supposed to (our religion banned him because of the 'demonic' Thriller video). Andrea and Dana, hello also!!

I saw John Norris on CNN. I barely recognized him.

I'll keep checking MTV. I'd like to watch some of those old videos, although if it's going to be intercut with interviews, I'll just stick with the tunes.

When I drove up to Vancouver to see U2 back in 2005, I was sitting in downtown traffic trying to get to the hotel, and there was this guy dancing on the sidewalk. I rolled down my window, and he was blasting PYT.

I turned off my own music and bopped along to the tune, and as I looked around, I noticed everyone else around in their cars was doing it, too. That was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom