Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - He was not breathing / Michael Jackson is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
truly my heart is breaking for his 3 kids... no father now and really no true mother in their lives. I hope there was a will set for them.. I am sure there probably was..

album-off-the-wall.jpg

thriller-michael-jackson.jpg

michael-jackson-bad-4175021.jpg

michael_jackson_dangerous-f.jpg

mjhistory1995.jpg

album-Michael-Jackson-Invincible.jpg

There is a time and a place for jokes. When some has just died and people who are posting here are affected by it it isn't the time. Maybe if you have nothing nice to say you should go post in another thread.

I'm not a huge MJ fan but this is sad. He did some really great songs in the 80's. His poor kids aswell. :sad::sad::sad:

:hug::hug::hug::hug: To all the big fans who this has devastated.

But it wasn't a joke. I do think Bono's mental strength is immense. Jackson has obviously been suffering from the pressure of celebrity for decades by now. I'm as sad as the rest of you that he finally succumbed to it.

His diet? That's random. How do you know what his diet was like?

I remember someone reported that he "ate like a bird" because he was afraid of putting on any weight. At least this is why his tour this year was postponed. He didn't look very healthy either. I'm not saying he died because of it, but it's very likely that even a small amount of medication (sleeping pills, even aspirin) could knock someone in that fragile state over very very quickly.

If you starve the heart of necessary elements, there's only so much it can give.

I'm still in shock. I don't think it will truly sink in until next week.

John Ritter and Tim Russert were the only two celebrities to make me cry. Though I don't think I'll cry for Michael, the feeling is completely the same. My mom's first words to me after I told her was, "Jesus, he's my age!" :(

Probably because of what they were saying about him on CNN, at least, about how skinny he was. The reporter was saying he looked shrunken, like his clothes didn't fit, and really fragile.

He was most likely anorexic, especially in recent years. He had numerous health problems. His death is very sad, but cannot be said to be completely unexpected.

His diet? That's random. How do you know what his diet was like?

I watched a lot of Jacko documenataries
he used to eat so little and dance for hours each day. He was a mega fussy eater.

Cant have been to good for him

Plus the pressure of being the most famous person ever must have taken its toll. Thats why i think being famous is pretty shit.

Privacy means everything to me.

John Ritter and Tim Russert were the only two celebrities to make me cry. Though I don't think I'll cry for Michael, the feeling is completely the same. My mom's first words to me after I told her was, "Jesus, he's my age!" :(

John Ritter absolutely floored me when I heard it at school. I thought someone was kidding, since I was a huge fan of Three's Company and the guy in general at the time.

Roy Scheider's passing got me, too. And I'm not really one to mourn celebrity deaths.

I cried pretty hard for John Ritter. Three's Company made up my summer vacations. As did All In The Family.

No one is crying more than this woman, however:
DoveWithThreeQuarterCleansingCream.jpg

When they did a special on him at the...Emmys? That was when I really cried hard over the death of John Ritter.

His death is very sad, but cannot be said to be completely unexpected.

Fully agree and posted the same a few pages back. It's equally shocking as it isn't, if that makes sense! :hmm:

It's deffinatley a biggie and I agree with Madforit that it IS a "where were you when X died" moment. I can tell you Lennon, Elvis, Diana. Something you will never forget as he simply was a legend

It's only the youngies that hold onto the kiddie fiddler bit at that is where they started to be aware of him.

I remember him as black and VERY VERY talented and untouchable :sad:

Really sad. Dude was a hell of an artist back in his prime.

Sadly though this isn't really all that surprising. He clearly hasn't very healthy, mentally or physically.

I was kinda hoping that MTV would take some appropriate action and start showing some MJ videos, but nope. Can't interrupt this very important .... rerun of Futurama?

*checks listing to make sure I actually have it on MTV*

I guess they'll get around to it eventually. Maybe.

I remember it very well

I was driving in my car listening to the radio when they announced that Kurt Cobain was dead.

i remember diana's death but i was not too fussed
i remember freddie mercury dying when i was about 6 and he was someone i grew up with musically as Queen were popular with my family

But my brother was jacko mad. We got some vids of him doing all the jacko dance moves when we were kids as he was brilliant at them
i remember my bro did a dance show at his school when he was 13 and everyone went mental as he was so good

There will never be another KING of POP
I got all his albums, the motown ones as well
Loads of his Dvd's and VHS's as well

Jacko's videos were brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom