Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - He was not breathing / Michael Jackson is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC, I just want to say thank you for your apologies. That was really nice of you.:hug: That being said, I can't believe people celebrating this man's death. He's Michael Jackson, one of the most talented entertainers of all time. This is like the deaths of Elvis and John Lennon for my parents. He's the biggest solo performer ever. He's a legend. Even more so, he's a human being. Yes, he was batshit crazy, but this poor guy was nothing but a show pony from the time he was 9 years old. He never had a childhood, he never had moment's privacy. He was hounded and made fun of and tortured because of some things that weren't his fault. Anyone who thinks he actually harmed a child is ridiculous. Do I believe some of the relationships he had with kids besides his own were inappropriate? Yes, having other people kids sleep in your bed and whatnot is not ok. But, I truly believe he never harmed a child. He just wanted to be close to what he never had, a childhood. That's why he created Neverland. That's why he did so many of the things he did. But, he was so talented and there's nothing like watching the man perform. He was doing what he was born to do. I'll always miss him. He will forever be the King of Pop. RIP. I'm heartbroken tonight.:sad:

Fuck, I've never been affected by a celebrity death like this. I've been crying non-stop since I heard Brian Williams confirm it 45 minutes ago. I'm in complete shock. How can Michael Jackson be dead?

I said one comment saying this is as stunning as those previous events and i get a sackful of shit in my direction

THIS IS FUCKING AWFUL
I'm in shock

I didnt think he would make the gigs but didnt think he would die

You could see it coming a million miles off! I have been saying at work for months all this stress will kill him and then they will be happy :sad: They being the people suing him for crap

The Jackson family spokesperson on CNN said he was hugging the family members and they were all crying. He said he couldn't confirm his death but pretty much said so in a round about way.

Um yes, but this is a U2 board so Bono comparisons shouldn't be such a big deal for anyone.

There is a time and a place for jokes. When someone has just died and people who are posting here are affected by it it isn't the time. Maybe if you have nothing nice to say you should go post in another thread.

I'm not a huge MJ fan but this is sad. He did some really great songs in the 80's. His poor kids aswell. :sad::sad::sad:

:hug::hug::hug::hug: To all the big fans who this has devastated.

Stop the arguing please! Some of you need to learn how to IGNORE other posters. Those of you spouting personal attacks in return are as EQUALLY to blame!

And fyi, if you want to discuss and/or appreciate his music/songs, etc. its fine to do so in B&C. I'm sure there are already a few Michael Jackson related threads in that forum.

But he was a celebrity.. not just a musician. This thread should be used to discuss the situation surrounding the incident, and to pay your respects.

Moonwalkin' to the afterlife!

Moonwalk.gif

He diet and lifestyle had been poor throughtout his career

But still 50 is nothing. His family should have cared more about him.

(I have to keep editing what i write into the past tense)

His diet? That's random. How do you know what his diet was like?

Probably because of what they were saying about him on CNN, at least, about how skinny he was. The reporter was saying he looked shrunken, like his clothes didn't fit, and really fragile.

Wow. I turn off the computer and leave the house for a few hours and Michael Jackson dies. I better not leave the house anymore!

I was never a fan of his, but I have long felt sorry for him. He was fabulously rich and famous, but I always felt he was terribly unhappy and pathetic. I would not wish his life on anyone.

I hope for him that in death he'll find peace.

Stop the arguing please! Some of you need to learn how to IGNORE other posters. Those of you spouting personal attacks in return are as EQUALLY to blame!

And fyi, if you want to discuss and/or appreciate his music/songs, etc. its fine to do so in B&C. I'm sure there are already a few Michael Jackson related threads in that forum.

But he was a celebrity.. not just a musician. This thread should be used to discuss the situation surrounding the incident, and to pay your respects.

I'm sorry Sicy. I've been wrong before and have taken the heat for it. This is bullshit. What he said has no place in this thread or in this forum. WE are not the problem, the troll is.

By the way, this thread was moved from B&C to Zoo Station, and is the main thread.

honestly,
if one thinks about the person Micheal Jackson was born as, the little boy

and then if you look at his brothers, sisters and parents

and then you look at how he (most likely) chemically and medically altered his whole being, and his slight body weight

I am not surprised that his organs or body systems would fail
especially compounded with prescribed medicines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom