Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - He was not breathing / Michael Jackson is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reading comprehension, do you has it? I think he shares the blame, but the way a person is raised, especially as a young child tremendously affects the adult. If you're a strong person, you rise above it. If you're weak, you give in to the horrible things you've learned and experienced and find a way to vent that anger and heartbreak in deconstructive ways.

The first cassette i ever bought - Dangerous by Michael Jackson

I was 5 years old

I listened to Remember The Time over and over and over as a little kid. Fucking loved that song. I will always remember Michael for his music, and respect him for it. Incredible talent, saddening loss. I'm still really numb to all of this, but it'll hit me soon enough. Especially if CNN keeps showing these damn clips.

the 2 biggests acts ever were the beatles and jacko

When Macca goes it will be just as big

I mentioned JFK as that is a moment people who were around at the time talk about. Where were they at that moment etc

Lennon was not even old
Elvis was the OLD King

This might sound ugly... but I really hope this inspires children not to live a life like that of Michael Jackson. Fifty is a criminally young age to die at, and I'm sure his lifestyle took a toll on his health and contributed to this.

It's just interesting looking at Bono, aged 49, and seeing... quite a difference.

Go to cnn.com, it's confirmed. The live feed is too.
No.
Entertainer Michael Jackson has died after being taken to a hospital on Thursday after suffering cardiac arrest, according to multiple reports including the Los Angeles Times and the Associated Press. CNN has not confirmed his death.

the bono remark aside, i really REALLY hope we don't hear in a few days, after the autopsy/toxicology report that he had a mix of a few drugs in his system...whether it was a suicide attempt or not.

Probably suicide.

Not all superstars have the mental strength of Bono.

Seriously, fuck off.

cnn has been reporting it for a while

I don't know why CNN isn't confirming. Associated Press, BBC, CBS, ABC, LA Times all have.

-dan

Worldwide, MJ is better known. After the Beatles and Elvis, he sold the most albums.

I don't care how anyone spins it, you cannot compare an entertainer of any pedigree to the President of the United States. Not to mention comparing the impact of their deaths.

I can't believe this.

I wonder what happens with his children.
Really sad for them they've lost their parent. The only one that was with them all the time, anyway.
Just:sad:
I'll never forget his contribution to music. :up :

I know his poor kids. :sad: My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Shit am I insane for wanting a serious hug right now? Sorry. I don't even have my wife within 1000 miles to mourn with. :sad:

:hug::hug::hug:

Really, really upsetting. I just can't believe I'm seeing the words "Michael Jackson dead" It doesn't seem real. :(

I know i can't believe it. :(

RIP Michael Jackson. :sad::sad::sad:

My Mum went to see him at Aintree when I was little. He didn't interact with the audience much talking wise but she said it was an amazing show, one of the best she had seen. She would be devastated now if she was still here today. :(

Yeah, the more I think about this the more I think I'm realizing how much of an impact it must be having on a lot of people. If it was Bob Dylan or Paul McCartney (to name a couple), I would be totally floored right now too.

I apologize for my comments earlier in the thread, guys - this really wasn't an appropriate time or place for them. Gotta make sure to think a bit longer before I post in the future.

I don't care how anyone spins it, you cannot compare an entertainer of any pedigree to the President of the United States. Not to mention comparing the impact of their deaths.

I bet if you step out of the United States, people will agree with the comparison. I don't know where the original commenter is from, but that might be how he sees it. :shrug:

This might sound ugly... but I really hope this inspires children not to live a life like that of Michael Jackson. Fifty is a criminally young age to die at, and I'm sure his lifestyle took a toll on his health and contributed to this.

What lifestyle? He wasn't overweight, didn't smoke, etc. We really don't know what caused his death - could be genetics.

And he hasn't been making new music, whereas someone like Lennon was. This is not Lennon. Lennon was younger and much more active musically.

CNN keeps playing clips from his videos, this guy really did not just do some of the best videos of all time but some of the best music ever, makes it even sadder that he's gone now :sad:

LA Times saying he died is good enough for me. I don't need CNN to get all "we're confirmed it, so now it's true" about it.

I have such mixed feelings. Insanely talented. He was my first pop idol crush. I even had my grandma knit me a yellow sweater vest because he wore one in a poster I had of him (go easy on me - I was, like, 11).

It's hard not to think about the accusations and court cases and whatnot when you think about Michael Jackson, though. Like it or not, true or false, it's tarnished his legacy.

What a sad, weird life.

Growing up during the 70's and 80's, Michael Jackson was great. I'll remember him that way, a very talented musician. I'm sure a lot of people will mourn his death greatly.

R.I.P.

I was more-or-less responding to the insane JFK comment, but I can see the Elvis parallels.

Lennon was on the cusp of having a huge comeback and mending fences with the rest of the Beatles, which makes his death even more tragic. I don't think he ever compromised his artistic integrity or made an awful decision apart from Yoko.

I like Lennon

and make no judgments about his personal choices with Yoko

I absolutely do not believe anything about being anywhere close to reunion with the Beatles

M J very well may have been on the cusp of a huge comeback with his sold out live shows :shrug:

that will be the obit, I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom