Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - He was not breathing / Michael Jackson is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOOK i mentioned JFK not to do with music obviously but because my dad and teachers and uncles always said that was a WHERE WERE YOU AT THAT MOMENT? event

this is another one of them
musically Lennon was nearly as big as jacko
Elvis was the predocessor to jacko in terms of the king

I'm from the UK by the way

And he hasn't been making new music, whereas someone like Lennon was. This is not Lennon. Lennon was younger and much more active musically.

Jackson was about to a 50 night stint of concerts that sold out in minutes, he's still one of the biggest names in music even if he has been gone for the last 8 years or so

At a time like this, personal attacks are really not needed.

You accused him of committing suicide with no basis other than a comparison to Bono. To make this about Bono is either selfish or stupid, and either way is a useless, irrelevant comment.

This is worse than "I hope Bono's OK" when Cory Lidle died. "He did not have the mental strength of Bono?" Come on!

I bet if you step out of the United States, people will agree with the comparison. I don't know where the original commenter is from, but that might be how he sees it. :shrug:

I'm not trying to be xenophobic, but I think the guy is still wrong. It can apply to the leader of any nation, provided that the guy isn't some insane tyrant.

Yeah, the more I think about this the more I think I'm realizing how much of an impact it must be having on a lot of people. If it was Bob Dylan or Paul McCartney (to name a couple), I would be totally floored right now too.

I apologize for my comments earlier in the thread, guys - this really wasn't an appropriate time or place for them. Gotta make sure to think a bit longer before I post in the future.

:up:

yeah i could've posted some jokes and whatnot, but i decided not too out of respect for everyone else's feelings.

My childhood is now, officially, 100% dead. Unbelievable. I am heartbroken. This is like John Lennon or Elvis dying, if not (obviously!) exactly the same. Wow. Horrible. Wow... :sad:

You accused him of committing suicide with no basis other than a comparison to Bono. To make this about Bono is either selfish or stupid, and either way is a useless, irrelevant comment.

This is worse than "I hope Bono's OK" when Cory Lidle died. "He did not have the mental strength of Bono?" Come on!

nah i still think the cory lidle thing was worse.

I like Lennon

and make no judgments about his personal choices with Yoko

I absolutely do not believe anything about being anywhere close to reunion with the Beatles

M J very well may have been on the cusp of a huge comeback with his sold out live shows :shrug:

that will be the obit, I am sure.

That's true.

I had heard that MJ was recording material in Bahrain about a year or so ago. Who knows?

LA Times saying he died is good enough for me. I don't need CNN to get all "we're confirmed it, so now it's true" about it.

I have such mixed feelings. Insanely talented. He was my first pop idol crush. I even had my grandma knit me a yellow sweater vest because he wore one in a poster I had of him (go easy on me - I was, like, 11).

I remember that poster.

He had such a sad, horrible, tragic life. So sad to see such a great talent going down like this. I feel so sorry for his fans, family, kids. Man, this is really surreal. :sad:

I just saw a post on Twitter (I refuse to call them "tweets") from John Mayer: "A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us."

Very true.

It's so scary, you know? He is the same age as my parents and grew up in the same neighborhood (Gary, IN). It's just...wow. I'm really heartbroken over this. Man in the Mirror is my favorite song of his, and that Free Willy song was really awesome.

Then, of course, there was this gem.
YouTube - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Sega Genesis)

RIP.

Free Willy song and Moonwalker...:love:

Goodbye, Farrah.
images

You taught us that gorgeous women could also be powerful, intelligent and talented. Your elegance and grace, especially when confronted with a disease that would take your life, is inspirational.

Goodbye, Michael.
images

You helped bring a face to African American people on TV. You proved that "disco" music will always have a place in our souls.

Goodbye, Ed.
3628219ddf9bf424

You always made us chuckle. You helped us enjoy the simplest of life's humor thanks to your winning smile and contagious laughter.

Just like when John Ritter passed away
images
, I feel another part of my childhood has been destroyed. :(

I hope all of them are now enjoying an existence free from criticism and disease where they are entertaining the many who have also passed, but adored them in life.

the real question is, has chris mortensen confirmed it

+1000 internets if anyone gets that

-dan

Actually, CNN is the only one that hasn't confirmed it. It says so on their screen right now. Reports: Michel Jackson Dies Not Confirmed by CNN

Can we make this about his music and can the JFK, Lennon, etc crap? I'm so bummed out right now.

I said one comment saying this is as stunning as those previous events and i get a sackful of shit in my direction

THIS IS FUCKING AWFUL
I'm in shock

I didnt think he would make the gigs but didnt think he would die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom