Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - He was not breathing / Michael Jackson is dead - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #811
War Child

Local Time: 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
But, when Thriller came out and took the world by storm, I was in the 4th and 5th grade. Everywhere you went you saw Michael Jackson. On the radio, on the video. All of the merchandise. The gloves, the jackets, the sunglasses, the posters. You couldn't escape it. When he did the moonwalk on the Motown special for the first time, people went crazy. It seemed like Michael had everyone in the world's attention. The Reagan's loved him that's for sure. And he was able to sustain that for a while despite his appearance changes. All the way up to Dangerous, Michael was still putting out decent music. It is a shame that he got wrapped up in all of his eccentricities. People are saying that he died way too young, but I think he got a lot of mileage out of his 50 plus years on this planet. Did we really wanna see what he'd look like at 60 anyway? Hell, the guy's face at one point was being covered by 3 band aids.

Anyway, with Michael Jackson's death, a piece of my childhood died. When Mike was in his prime in the 80's, you couldn't escape him and that wasn't such a bad thing. I think I liked more of the songs from his Bad album then I did from Thriller. It seemed like he had more good hits on that one. Rest in peace Michael. They'll never be another one like you, that's for sure.

That was SO true for me and everyone my age. I was around 11 or 12 when Thriller was HUGE. MTV played that video non-stop. It feels like a part of my childhood has died too. It's still stunning. I remember the summer of 1984 with the Victory Tour. I was 11 and this was when I started getting into pop and rock music on the radio. Everybody was talking about that tour. For anyone over 35, you grew up with Michael Jackson. And now that he is gone, it just hits you so hard. His death brings back all the great childhood memories, of growing up with Michael Jackson. I hope this all makes sense. This is just a sad, sad day for me.
For people in their 20s or younger, it's a shame you never got to see Michael Jackson in his prime. He was just the coolest guy on the planet. I hope networks play lots of clips from his Jackson 5 days and his Thriller days. He enriched so many lives. He will always be the King of Pop.

And a note to MTV: Why don't you stop showing fucking reality crap and do the right thing: Do a weekend tribute to Michael Jackson. Play his videos non-stop. After all, Michael Jackson was a big reason for your success as a network, what little success you have now.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #812
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Local Time: 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
I'd be very surprised if there isn't a tribute at a great many shows. Bono has class like that.
*nodding* I'd love to see them dedicate a song to him for the tour.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #813
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonsKitten View Post
It still doesn't feel real.
He's being sarcastic.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #814
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
For someone who lived pretty sheltered from the outside world, maybe he actually did need and want "to see some homeless people." Maybe he needed to see it to believe it because it was so far from his reality. The bodyguard was just relaying something that was memorable for him. Who cares whether he phrased it exactly right or not.

that is just it

the body guard choice of words is awkward to say the least

what happened? Jackson went out of his way to give food to homeless people.

yet, we get the suggestion he threw pizza from a window to them like they were bears at the zoo.

Quote:
"He's the most misunderstood man in world. Everyone thought he was this weird freak but when you're with him he's as normal as everyone else. I don't think he felt he was as famous as everyone else thought, he didn't know any different.

"He was a very caring guy who would go out of his way to help the sick.

He sent them loads of pizzas in secret.
I am sure these 'homeless people" got a lot of joy from a visit from Michael Jackson.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #815
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

You're right, given that the only real proof of any sex Michael may have had in his life was with heterosexual females.
You think those children were conceived naturally?

Also, does anyone remember MJ's anti-semitic lyrics from "They Don't Care About Us", which featured the words "jew me, sue me" and "kick me, kike me"? Jackson eventually changed the lyrics and claimed he was trying to show the "hatefulness of racism".

Unfortunately, he later was cited by the Anti-Defamation League for apparently saying "They suck... they're like leeches... It's a conspiracy. The Jews do it on purpose."
Old 06-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #816
Refugee

Local Time: 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Michael Jordan is the MOST recognizable athlete on the planet, next to Muhammed Ali.

By "planet" you mean USA?
Outside USA borders it's Pele or Maradona.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #817
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
A lot of those people who are mourning him are thinking it, too, they're just choosing to remember him for the good instead of the controversial and the unknown.
I'm not choosing to ignore anything really, I understand what you're getting at but dodgy allegations don't send you to "hell". Neither does bleaching your skin, reconstructing your face or building a fantasy ranch. Even if you believe in "hell", you also then have to take the whole concept, which includes repentance, forgiveness and salvation. We all sin, period.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 06-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #818
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
that is just it

the body guard choice of words is awkward to say the least

what happened? Jackson went out of his way to give food to homeless people.

yet, we get the suggestion he threw pizza from a window to them like they were bears at the zoo.

I am sure these 'homeless people" got a lot of joy from a visit from Michael Jackson.

Hey, it was a joke. I was making fun of the bodyguard's phrasing, not seriously trying to attribute that sentiment to Jackson.

Oh well, Khanada laughed.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #819
Ghost of Love

nevermind

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 06-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #820
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Also, does anyone remember MJ's anti-semitic lyrics from "They Don't Care About Us", which featured the words "jew me, sue me" and "kick me, kike me"? Jackson eventually changed the lyrics and claimed he was trying to show the "hatefulness of racism".

Unfortunately, he later was cited by the Anti-Defamation League for apparently saying "They suck... they're like leeches... It's a conspiracy. The Jews do it on purpose."
Where's NSW when you need him?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #821
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerags View Post
For people in their 20s or younger, it's a shame you never got to see Michael Jackson in his prime.
I'm 29 and have vivid memories of when Thriller was huge. Michael Jackson's music is synonymous with my childhood. More so than any other artist. The extent of it didnt really sink in until I was telling stories to my girlfriend yesterday whos 5 years younger.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #822
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
Where's NSW when you need him?
Probably grifting some poor saps.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #823
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:13 AM
I think the people I feel worst for are Jeff Goldblum's family, friends, and loved ones. His untimely demise is being overshadowed by all this Jackson business. It's all but a non-story at this point.

I also feel terrible for the guys in Alien Ant Farm.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #824
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post

I also feel terrible for the guys in Alien Ant Farm.
Why? They'll probably get their first interview in 8 years
Old 06-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #825
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Why? They'll probably get their first interview in 8 years
And my desire to cut their balls off for what they did to "Smooth Criminal" will also return for the first time in 8 years.

Tags
michael jackson