Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - He was not breathing / Michael Jackson is dead - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #481
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Seriously dude, give it a rest. We know you hated the guy. Some of us loved him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Look, I get some people don't like him. I can also take a good joke and have even laughed alot at the ones that diss Bono.

But do we typically lampoon, jeer at and make fun of any other celebrities or musicians on the day of their death here on Interference? Do they not get at least one day of respect as a human being who has given something to the planet and has passed on? Honestly.
When someone was accused of molesting children TWICE, had photos of naked kids in his possession, slept in a bed with children who aren't his, and settles out of court for like 1/4 of his assets, then it's pretty fair game.

If O.J. died today I wonder how many people would be posting "MURDERER" or some such sentiment instead of reminiscing about his amazing football career and hilarious Naked Gun appearances.

As I said in another thread, no rest for the wicked.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #482
Blue Crack Distributor

So sick you just had to share the link so everyone else could see! Good job.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #483
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Look, I get some people don't like him. I can also take a good joke and have even laughed alot at the ones that diss Bono.

But do we typically lampoon, jeer at and make fun of any other celebrities or musicians on the day of their death here on Interference? Do they not get at least one day of respect as a human being who has given something to the planet and has passed on? Honestly.
Actually, yeah, there's usually a few jokes in every thread on topics such as this. Some people appreciate laughter at times like these.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #484
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Did MJ still own the publishing rights to the Beatles catalogue? I know there'd been talk in past years that he'd been looking to sell or something, with all his financial troubles. Did anything ever come of that?
A few years ago, one of the entertainment news shows said that his lawyers wanted him to sell those publishing rights for the money, because he was having financial problems, so much so that they drew up the paper work, everything was filled out, and it was just waiting for his signature, which he never gave. I don't remember who it would've been sold to.

In tonight's news coverage, they said those publishing rights are mortgaged.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #485
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:09 PM
Michael Jackson: Exclusive Last Photo

pic of michael
Old 06-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #486
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Did MJ still own the publishing rights to the Beatles catalogue?
Forgot about that. I knew there was another reason I hated the guy.

If I'm not mistaken it was him who sold the rights to Revolution to Nike. That alone is worth the 9th circle of hell in my book.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #487
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsreports2424 View Post
No one expects you to come in and read all 33 pages, but someone just posted it minutes ago.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Was already posted about 6 posts ago.
just saw that, sorry
Old 06-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #489
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #490
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
When someone was accused of molesting children TWICE, had photos of naked kids in his possession, slept in a bed with children who aren't his, and settles out of court for like 1/4 of his assets, then it's pretty fair game.

If O.J. died today I wonder how many people would be posting "MURDERER" or some such sentiment instead of reminiscing about his amazing football career and hilarious Naked Gun appearances.

Not to encourage you any more, but:

Quote:
Evan Chandler and Jackson, represented by their legal teams, then engaged in unsuccessful negotiations to resolve the issue in a financial settlement; the negotiations were initiated by Chandler but Jackson did make several counter offers.
This is from wikipedia, about the first case in 93. The negotiations to settle were initiated by the kid's parents. If you're the parents of a kid who you believe has been molested, do you want to settle and get the money while the person responsible goes free, or do you want to go to trial and see the person responsible go to jail?
Old 06-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #491
Refugee

Local Time: 02:09 PM
I can't read through 30 pages but I'm sad because of the memories tied to his music in my life. The best of the jackson 5 was my first cassette. I wanted to go to the Dangerous Tour and my mom wouldn't let me because I was too young. My mom grew up listening to his music as did I. He was much too young.

His kids lost a father and many many fans lost a piece of their childhood. Allegations and controversy aside, its the memories of the good times his music provided that I;m thankful for
Old 06-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #492
ONE
love, blood, life

This is still hard to believe.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #493
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
When someone was accused of molesting children TWICE, had photos of naked kids in his possession, slept in a bed with children who aren't his, and settles out of court for like 1/4 of his assets, then it's pretty fair game

Hey Laz, are you a parent? I am, and here's a few somewhat related ramblings:

- If Bono himself invited my kids for extended sleepovers or pyjama parties, the answer would be no.

- If ANYONE touched one of my children, there would be no trial for that person.

- If anyone actually did get away with it and the police managed to protect them to get it to trial, $22M would not make me drop the charges, period. No amount of money would do that

Unproven allegations and bullshit. Any parent that settles for $22M if their kid was supposedly abused and then refuses to let their kid testify at the criminal trial is a sack of shit and deserves to be shot. They have no credibility, period.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 06-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #494
ONE
love, blood, life

For those of us that got up on a Saturday morning back in the day to watch the Jackson 5 cartoon:

YouTube - Jackson 5ive Cartoon
Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #495
Blue Crack Distributor

Even if he was guilty, I still feel like it was a tragic situation. When you look at his life as a whole - the molestation allegations, the self-mutilation, his childhood fetish (wanting to live as a child while an adult), and all the other extremely bizarre behaviour, and then when you look at his early life and career, he certainly didn't get to be the way he was on his own. It's abundantly clear that he was mentally ill, and went from a family who used and abused him, to surrounding himself with people who didn't have his best interests at heart. Very tragic.

Tags
michael jackson