Michael Douglas has cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Traffic is far and away my favorite film he's in, and Wonder Boys just might be my favorite performance of his.

All this talk makes me want to have a Michael Douglas movie night. I actually don't think I've seen Traffic.

I was waiting for that to come out on DVD and forgot, I'll have to bump it up on my Netflix queue. Did you see it Mrs. Springsteen?

So yeah I just watched Traffic. Great movie.. longgg movie. And really pissed off at how it ended. After ALL that.. that was the ending? :crack:

Haven't seen it in a while, but I remember the last scene is at a baseball field. So I think the whole moral of Traffic is that baseball is the solution to the drug problem, as well as all of the world's ills.

And that is a message I can fully support.

I thought the ending at the new baseball field was beautiful. While I know you're joking around, GAF, it was a nice poetic way of illustrating that community begins at home. It's a lesson that Douglas learns painfully, and something that is Del Toro's raison d'être.

And the music during that final scene is Brian Eno, if I remember correctly.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:24pm EST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oscar-winning actor Michael Douglas, who revealed in August that he had throat cancer, said on Monday that his tumor is gone and chances are good he has beaten cancer.

In an interview with U.S. morning news and talk show "Today," Douglas told co-host Matt Lauer, "I feel good, relieved.

"The tumor is gone. But, you know, I have to check out on a monthly basis now to maintain. I guess there's not a total euphoria. I'll probably take a couple of months of getting checked out. But it's been a wild six-month ride," Douglas said in a transcript of the interview released by the NBC network.

A portion of the segment will air on Tuesday, and the full interview will air on "Dateline NBC" on January 23.

Lauer asked Douglas about putting on weight after radiation treatments, and Douglas said he had been "eating like a pig." He is working out in a gym and even planning for an upcoming film role as famed pianist Liberace, he said.

"I think the odds are, with the tumor gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer, that I've got it beat," Douglas told Lauer.

Douglas, 66, made a surprise announcement in August that doctors had diagnosed him with stage IV throat cancer but he was optimistic he would recover. Given the late stage of the tumor, however, many fans were concerned.

In the months since, Douglas has only sporadically appeared in the media and has been seen most often in paparazzi pictures walking the streets of New York with family members.

On "Today," Douglas told Lauer he had lost 32 pounds during treatment, but had recently added back 12 pounds. He said he had lost a lot of muscle mass and that radiation treatment caused his salivary ducts to stop functioning for a time.

It's always good to hear when someone has gone through cancer and come out healthy on the other side :up:

Back
Top Bottom