MEGA SHARK vs GIANT OCTOPUS, how can a movie with a title like that fail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2m6v4ic.gif

Oh dear. Just to follow up. I have watched Mega Shark VS Giant Octopus - and sadly it fails. But in a non great way. The main issue is the repeated use of the exact same Mega Shark footage over and over, the brevity of any real battle scene between Shark and Octopus - and finally the just plain dumbness. What is the point of naming a film like that and only having the main characters (Mr Shark and Mr Octopus) only in it for maybe 10 minutes of screen time? I like schlock. I love a good crapfest. This one is just lame. However - Debbie Gibson :love:

the 2 best parts of that were

1) the unbelievable unbelievable animation for the shark and ocyopus

2) the shark jumping out of the water to eat the plane.

Epic win

The more I think about the stupider the film seems - and in fact I think that is the true measure of a cult film - limited appeal, horrible first impressions but lingering almost fondness.

Oh and the Golden Gate scene - all 5 seconds of it - just shits all over everything else. And the plane is ace. The climatic battle - not so - but how often do you get to see a giant octopus squirt ink to confuse a mega shark?

Mr Shark deserves a Golden Globe nomination for best supporting actor. Mr Octopus... not so much. If only Debbie busted out an accapella version of 'Lost In Your Eyes' after the final battle as we see our loveable heroes sink to the murky depths...

I'm down with watching earnestly terrible movies, like Troll 2, Mac and Me..., but not movies with the intention of being awful. Its self-awareness takes the fun out of it, and I think this one, along with Snakes on a Plane, are part of this "want to be shit" trend.

The trailer was enough for me. And:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8

I'm down with watching earnestly terrible movies

This is why The Room works so well. Wiseau is trying to market it as a black comedy now, but you know he was serious about the thing until the moment he discovered everyone thinks it's hilarious.

So no, this Mega Shark thing won't be any fun, much like Snakes on a Plane. Making a bad movie for the sake of making a bad movie is lame and completely misunderstands the reason horrible cinema has created a niche market.

This is why The Room works so well. Wiseau is trying to market it as a black comedy now, but you know he was serious about the thing until the moment he discovered everyone thinks it's hilarious.

So no, this Mega Shark thing won't be any fun, much like Snakes on a Plane. Making a bad movie for the sake of making a bad movie is lame and completely misunderstands the reason horrible cinema has created a niche market.

Then I may have to check it out, especially if it has the passion of Tennessee Williams.

Snakes is ultimately a failure, but besides the immortal line, it has 2-3 moments that are almost worth it. That's about it.

I've got it torrenting right now then. It's "unknown" status on Netflix left me disappointed.

Those YouTube clips of people watching The Room and loudly commenting on it is hysterical. The best is when the mother informs her daughter she has breast cancer: everyone cheers, and then some guy yells, "Let's never speak of this again!"

And you know what? They don't.

YouTube - The Room Tommy Wiseau, Breast Cancer

Snakes on a Plane at least was entertaining and wasn't REALLY bad

except for that ending... surfing?, seriously?

now, this Mega Shark crap has WIN all over it

Back
Top Bottom