Master Chef - with Gordon Ramsay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Starts tonight after Hells' Kitchen. Anything with Gordon in it, I'm all over it.:drool:

Talented home cooks begin their quest to be real chefs in the opener of the series that has them competing for $250,000 and the chance to publish their own cookbook. Their culinary creations will be judged by chefs Gordon Ramsay and Graham Elliot Bowles, and restaurateur Joe Bastianich.

FOX Broadcasting Company - MasterChef TV Show

Yeah, I'll give it a try. Do you think he'll call anyone a donkey, or does he reserve that for the "professionals" on Hell's Kitchen?

if you want Hell's Kitchen

this ain't it

read it and weep

Ramsay raced around the corner to find out what had gone wrong. And the contestant went white, visibly bracing himself for a tongue-lashing.

But it never came.

"What a waste," Ramsay said, no anger in his voice, just regret: "It was perfectly cooked."

What??? No screaming? No throwing of bacon? No calling anyone a "donkey" or a "doughnut"?
"That wouldn't be fair … you have to keep in mind that these are not professionals," Ramsay said.

OK. Who kidnapped "Hell's Kitchen's" overlord and replaced him with this touch-y, feel-y version of Gordon Ramsay?

Ramsay claims that his hot temper on exhibit in "Hell's Kitchen" is more the exception than the rule — but you rarely see his calmer side because it doesn't make for good TV.
He said the contestants on "Hell's Kitchen" can take it, and they volunteer for it, all in a bid to earn a high-paying gig at a restaurant where pressure is part of the job.

The contestants on "MasterChef" are different.

I dont know about you guys but I would not make 'mac n cheese' for Gordon Ramsay.

I liked it well enough that I'll keep watching. But that first guy they put through (the one they said moves like a chef) - come on, no way he doesn't have some kind of cooking background beyond just home cooking. They listed his profession as "server". Yeah, he "serves" people food he cooks in a restaurant. Mac n Cheese guy may have gone too simple for the show, but at least you can tell he's a non-industry guy who likes to cook, which is what I thought the show was supposed to be about. Put that other guy on Hell's Kitchen.

Bald guy judge was a donkey!:lol: heavy guy judge was a chef on Top Chef Masters. the last guy they put through that made the soup thing:doh:...just for drama

it's a good show. seems to me to be a shame that they got Ramsey to host it though, it doesn't need an attention grabber for a host.

I saw a thread in here for Master Chef Australia. Has it been around long? I think this is the first one ever for U.S.

I agree it seems like a good show but for me its a nice bonus that Ramsay is one of the judges.

I was more interested this episode. Now that its down to fewer people. It was cool to see what they all did with one egg.

Just as a side note, I'm surprised anyone is shocked at tame Ramsey. He LIKES to help people succeed. Don't any of you watch Kitchen Nightmares?

Anyways, saw my first episode finally. I like it, not the best cooking show I've seen, but it really is fun to see what things people can come up with with given ingredients, thus my love of Chopped.

I heart tame Ramsay just as much as asshole Ramsay. :cute:

I love Kitchen Nightmares too. He can still be an ass in that one too, though he is nicer on KN than HK. I dont think it can get any worse than HK.

I thought for sure they would tell what the other ingredients were! It was most likely cayenne pepper instead of chili powder but I can't think of anything else :hmm:

I recorded the show so plan to watch it tonite as soon as the sun sets and it cools off in here. I did catch the end when they were tasting and having to name the ingredients....a very important part of being a successful and good cook.:up:

One question about last week's episodes: what the hell is so impressive about Cat's halibut in cream sauce? Everyone was treating that dish like the culinary Holy Trail, but I've seen Ramsay improvise dishes exponentially more creative than that.

One question about last week's episodes: what the hell is so impressive about Cat's halibut in cream sauce? Everyone was treating that dish like the culinary Holy Trail, but I've seen Ramsay improvise dishes exponentially more creative than that.
Good cooking, professionally or otherwise, sometimes can be amazing in its simplicity. You don't need square plates and a balsamic reduction squirted into the shape of a pod of dolphins all the time.

~~

I swear to god, the one thing that ticked me off the most about this show is the bloody art direction on the intro and promos. The electric stove top element...ugh. Rarely seen in most professional kitchens, and shitty to have at home since you can't use any kind of round-bottomed pan on them. Blek.

Ok that Slim chick.. wtf. Breaking open a live crab without boiling it first = :crack:

I think its going to be Lee or Sharone in the end (they're both pretty cute too :shifty: )

Back
Top Bottom