Making A Murderer - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2016, 12:20 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Don't worry - the internet will be outraged about something else in another week or two.

Yeah hopefully it does. I think the Internet reaction is even more ridiculous than the documentary. Oh yeah, and finally people are starting to at least feel bad for the family of the victim. This whole thing makes me so fucking angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-10-2016, 01:03 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:06 PM
I feel torn about that as well. Of course the victim needs to not be forgotten, and I can't imagine how the family feels with all of this going on.

Then I think about Amanda Knox, and how her story was in the news for so long, and people kept asking "what about Meredith Kircher and her family?" Well, of course a woman is still dead, and nothing will bring her back, but if the wrong person has been imprisoned for it, that's important.

Not that there's much similarity between her story and the Avery case, but ... yeah.

And then I think about the West Memphis Three case. I read/watched a lot about that, and felt very strongly that those three guys were wrongfully imprisoned, so why do I feel so strongly about that, and so ambivalent about the Avery case? I don't recall a ton of details of the WMT case today, but my gut tells me there was a lot more straightforward evidence (or lack thereof) there as opposed to the Avery business.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

What bothers me is all of the armchair detectives at home who are going after the victim's brother.

Sure, he was unlikable on screen and he acted weird...his sister had been murdered.

The documentarians put their bias on clear display, and because they pitched this as a TV show, the viewer at home can't help but sort the "Characters" into "good guy" and "bad guy" piles. He is most definitely portrayed as a "bad guy", and you want to root against him. That's terrible. His sister was murdered. I hated myself for feeling that way about him, constantly, while I was watching the show.

The more I think about it, I really don't like the way this was handled at all. They basically took one of those long, public trials that some people watch live, condensed it with a pretty bow and then presented it to all people as some higher art form.

It's still just sitting at home watching hours of court room proceedings, except this time there's clear bias on display and that's really troubling.

Like I said: When I thought all of this was done and put away with, I had fun watching it. Now that I know it's still being investigated, I feel queasy about it.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
What bothers me is all of the armchair detectives at home who are going after the victim's brother.

Sure, he was unlikable on screen and he acted weird...his sister had been murdered.

The documentarians put their bias on clear display, and because they pitched this as a TV show, the viewer at home can't help but sort the "Characters" into "good guy" and "bad guy" piles. He is most definitely portrayed as a "bad guy", and you want to root against him. That's terrible. His sister was murdered. I hated myself for feeling that way about him, constantly, while I was watching the show.

The more I think about it, I really don't like the way this was handled at all. They basically took one of those long, public trials that some people watch live, condensed it with a pretty bow and then presented it to all people as some higher art form.

It's still just sitting at home watching hours of court room proceedings, except this time there's clear bias on display and that's really troubling.

Like I said: When I thought all of this was done and put away with, I had fun watching it. Now that I know it's still being investigated, I feel queasy about it.

Agreed. And I didn't know Theresa well enough to know her family but from everything I've heard the whole "her brother did it" theory is conceive hogwash.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Agreed. And I didn't know Theresa well enough to know her family but from everything I've heard the whole "her brother did it" theory is conceive hogwash.

From what I've been able to discern since last night, Avery doesn't even seem to think that at all. He's pointed to four potential people, and they're all relatives of his own.

But, hell, say for a second I want to play armchair PI myself, here's my whole issue with the Avery was framed theory: I fully believe, like that scummy, scummy DA also pointed out, that for the police to have framed him, you also have to take into full consideration the idea that the police committed the murder.

Things otherwise, just don't add up. Especially not with some of the accusations I've seen attributed to Avery, such as family members of his own planting evidence. That doesn't jive with ANY of the other arguments they've made up to this point.

There is a potential that the police found evidence, I suppose. And there's potential that they decided to use that evidence to frame Avery, I suppose. But then you have to question a lot of things. I suppose the simplest explanation would be: They found the truck with her body, moved the truck with her body to the Avery compound...burned the body themselves? Planted the blood, cremains and evidence. But then...Jesus, that's just so hard to believe that anyone would do that. A police officer would do that, I should say.

I don't know, it doesn't sit well with me, none of it.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
that scummy, scummy DA
One of the best things I saw on the internet this week was a commenter on another site describing Kratz's the sound of voice as "whispers from a butthole."
Old 01-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
One of the best things I saw on the internet this week was a commenter on another site describing Kratz's the sound of voice as "whispers from a butthole."
Talk about a voice that did NOT match a person. Every time he spoke, I was like, "That CAN'T be his real voice. It can't."
Old 01-10-2016, 06:33 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:06 PM
A nation of Futon Detectives Unite
Old 01-10-2016, 10:06 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

There are some things about the show, however, that did amuse me:

Old 01-13-2016, 01:52 PM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor

I think what this series shows more than anything is that income equality has an incredible negative effect on one's ability to defend themselves from accusation, as well as how the media's narrative can have an impact on both the case itself and how the public perceives a case. They're just vultures.

I don't know if they're innocent, guilty or otherwise. I would tend to guess that the other Dassey and the step father who passed each other on the road and were each other's alibis might have something to do with it... Alas, if Brendan had money he'd be free.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:58 PM   #26
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I'm on episode 7. I don't know what to believe. All the evidence definitely doesn't add up and is not cut and dry.

Also, if you aren't watching the show and don't give a crap about it, go to another thread instead of spewing profanities.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Brendan Dassey's brother Brad just released a rap song "They Didn't Do It" (I'm not kidding)

Old 01-16-2016, 02:10 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So, about Ken Kratz:

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Kratz
In October 2009, Kratz was prosecuting a domestic violence case against the boyfriend of a 26-year-old domestic violence victim. She filed a police report in Kaukauna, Wisconsin, alleging that Kratz had sent her 30 sexually coercive text messages over the span of three days.[12] She said that she felt that he was trying to coerce her into a sexual relationship at the risk of dismissing the case against her boyfriend.[13] The report was referred to the state's Division of Criminal Investigation. During the DCI investigation, two more women came forward accusing Kratz of harassing and intimidating them.[14] At the time, Kratz was serving as chairman of the Wisconsin Crime Victims' Rights Board.[1]

Kratz resigned in October 2010 after governor Jim Doyle sought his removal.[15][3] After his accuser filed a federal civil suit against him, Kratz settled out of court in 2013.[16][17]

In June 2014, Kratz's law license was suspended for four months by the Wisconsin Supreme Court. During the disciplinary hearing, Kratz admitted abusing prescription drugs and being treated for sexual addiction and narcissistic personality disorder, [6][1] [18].
He's clearly very familiar with conflicts of interest.

The comments on his yelp page are quite something: http://www.yelp.com/biz/kratz-law-firm-west-bend
Old 01-16-2016, 02:55 AM   #29
Blue Crack Distributor

Narcissistic personality disorder is a thing one can be treated for?
Old 01-16-2016, 05:38 AM   #30
The Male

Of course. The tricky part is convincing the person that they actually need help.

He was probably forced to go.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote