Machine Gun Preacher the movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesiresFire27

The Fly
This movie can really reach a few different audiences, with a strong story line about the journey of 1 man to change the lives of so many others, to the action and drama that are wrapped into every scene. If you like an action movie, drama, or a movie about dramatic change this movie is for you! And if you've left the theatre after watching it with the question "what more can I do?" than that's a bonus. Be the change you wish to see in the World.
I know alot of people that love U2 support causes in Africa and abroad as well, so I thought you guys would be interesed in this.

This a line to the trailer:

Machine Gun Preacher - Movie Trailer (2011) HD - YouTube

it is playing at only one arthouse theater near me

I may see it, this week.
the reviews are kind of middling

Yeah the movie's at limited release. Sometimes critics give a movie a bad grade, and your not sure about going to see it, your friends drag you to the movies and you end up loving it. It all depends on the veiwers taste, beliefs, and what kinda of films they actually enjoy. :hmm:

I could care less about critics, and I'm a fan of Forster, the protagonist is intriguing as is the idea of coaxing more than a gruff action performance out of Gerard Butler. But there's such a fine line to tread in making a movie like this in terms of being heavy-handed, or down right ethnocentric and offensive, and from the trailers it seems to have at least fallen into the heavy-handed category. I hope I'm wrong, this had the potential to be one of the more interesting films of the year.

Not sure it needed its own thread though, especially since it had barely been released.

Foster is a fine director. I was on this film as a background extra, and I saw it at Toronto Film Festival this year. Since this film deals with topics that are on the same level as some of the topics U2 deals with I thought it only proper to post about it here.

It's a free country.:wave:

I never said it wasn't, just remarking that the thread might not get a lot of activity, that's all, not knocking your enthusiasm. :wave:

Sorry Powerhouse, I agree with it not getting activity. Just wanted to let people know about the film kinda. Hope you have a good day.:wave:

I may see it tonight
I saw two movies last night

Ides of March - 7/10 is about right

and Real Steel 6/10, it really is for kids.

Whoa, the powerhouse thing is happening again. I feel like I should change my name to that since 99% of people read it that way.

But anyway, :wave: hope your day was good too DesiresFire and that we see more of you around these parts! I'm still hoping to catch this myself, though it's yet to expand much in my area :sad:.

Back
Top Bottom