Louie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What does that mean? Is TV's best comedy coming back on June 28?

What is tv's best comedy?

Louie?

or

Louie?

What about....

Louie?

:love::cute::up::sexywink::hmm::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I keep a disgusting amount of ice cream in the house. And the girls, they don't know about it. I don't give them any. I eat the ice cream in their room, above their beds, in the dark. It's mine.

Finally finished season one... it was a nice way to end it, having a shitty night out followed by breakfast with his girls at 4am.

Anyone got a gif of him walking up to the girl in the club about to touch her shoulders? That bit was fucking hilarious :lol:

Also loved the convo with Pamela Adnon... "I'm sure he'd like to stuff his balls in your puss."

I've been behind and am just now catching up on the season.

The sequence with Robin Williams? Holy shit. Perfect.

Really surprised that this thread is so quiet, but I can't talk as I've yet to find time to start S2 on DVD. Soon.

There isn't much to say other than "sweet sassy molassey, this show is so great."

Well, the ending of that three parter was about as affecting as TV gets. Beautiful stuff. Louis might've just snagged himself an Emmy.

Obviously I'm pulling for him this weekend, I just found this three episode arc to be his finest acting performance in all three seasons. The ending has stuck with me all day.

That's got to be the funniest thing on SNL since..... well, since a long time ago. He's the very best.

I watched four segments including the monologue. The latter was the best thing, though restrained by Louie standards.

Barely cracked a smile during the rest.

SNL sucks as bad now as it has for the last 20+ years. Anyone old enough to remember how good this show used to be in the mid-80's should know better.

I watched four segments including the monologue. The latter was the best thing, though restrained by Louie standards.

The monologue was a bit from his current standup show. Not sure how you figure it was restrained.

Hasn't Lorne Michaels let himself go since the 80s, you guys?

:bump:

"Life is short. If you're a kid that died."

I'm three episodes in and the season's pretty damn good so far. I might be fully caught up by the end of the night, actually.

The opener was definitely my favorite of the three. So great to be back in his world. For the second episode, it was nice seeing Jerry back on some scripted TV, but they didn't exactly hit out of the park on that one. The "fat lady" episode was definitely thought-provoking stuff, though. Her closing monologue felt a bit like college theater, but it was very well-written and very honest.

Roll on episode 4.

EDIT: I'm watching these on my Comcast On Demand shit. They haven't had the theme song/credit sequence in any of the episodes. I assume that's how it's been with the original broadcasts, too. What's up with that? Not complaining. Just a bit surprised.

I thought the fat girl episode was easily the highlight of the season so far. That seven minute tracking shot at the end will go down as one of the better things to happen on the show.

Todd Barry's story in the most recent episode is fucking hilarious and I love the updates about the hurricane that caused Cuba to not necessarily cease to be, but simply be buried far under the ocean.

The show is tethered to nothing stylistically or thematically and retains just enough continuity to make you care about the characters. Even the loose multipart of "Elevator" feels like it can go anywhere at anytime (e.g. the Todd Barry story).

This level of freedom combined with a genius who knows what to do with it is not something we're likely to see again any time soon.

EDIT: I'm watching these on my Comcast On Demand shit. They haven't had the theme song/credit sequence in any of the episodes. I assume that's how it's been with the original broadcasts, too. What's up with that? Not complaining. Just a bit surprised.
He dropped it for a couple episodes last season to get extra runtime and liked the extra runtime so much that he just stuck with it.

Back
Top Bottom