Louie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched the entire first season in a 24 hour period this last weekend. Wish there were more than 3 episodes of the second season available online. :huh:

Sidereel has all the episodes that have aired up!

Can someone please tell me the name of the artist singing the theme song, and whether it's a rerecording/remix/etc, because I want to download the exact version that's in the show. It's fucking awesome. Or is it like The Office UK, and it doesn't actually exist in full form?

Friggin' Cobbler.

That song is a little before my time (early 70's, maybe?) but I've heard it many times over the years on classic rock/oldies stations.

I'm going by what I read on wikipedia:

"The song, with slightly different wording, is used as the theme song to the television series Louie, a sitcom loosely based on the life of American comedian Louis C.K.. The word 'cry' was changed to 'die' in the second repetition of the chorus. This version was produced by Reggie Watts, with the intro emulating the Hot Chocolate version, and with Stories' singer Ian Lloyd reprising his vocals."

Can you get this version? Produced by Reggie Watts? With changed words?

Not sure what you're seeing, but when you click on one of the episodes, click "search links", which is in the fifth box on the right. Then it will show up a whole bunch of links for sites like megavideo, videobb, etc. Click on one of those.

Yeah, I figured it out, I just wanted to say friggin' Cobbler like that. I didn't know that site existed though, so thanks for that, FRIGGIN' COBBLER.

Apparently Larry David is dating Amy Landecker, the woman who played Louie's date and then his mother in a later episode in Season One.

She's hot.

I've watched about 7 or 8 episodes. I am liking this ok, some episodes are better.

But a lot of people do think this stuff is brilliant.

'Louie' Goes to Afghanistan Tonight -- and You Should Watch | TheWrap TV

Tonight's episode of FX's wonderfully unpredictable "Louie" takes star Louie C.K. to Afghanistan on a USO tour -- accompanied by a baby duckling. It's one of the best hours of television I've ever seen.

Not that it's flashy about it.

The episode is understated and unfolds patiently, with disorienting shifts in tone -- a trademark of "Louie." The comedian, who stars in, writes, and directs each episode, is happy to provoke, confuse, or baffle viewers rather than just make them laugh.

The episode begins like many an ill-tempered sitcom. When Louie (playing himself) first explains to his daughter's teacher that he can't take home the class ducklings for a night because he has to go to Afghanistan, it sounds like a "Curb Your Enthusiam"-style selfish excuse.

But then he actually goes.

What follows in the special hourlong episode is captivating. Louie hits on a 19-year-old cheerleader, hilariously critiques his every physical flaw for our troops, and stands by as real life country singer Keni Thomas sings an utterly beautiful song. Long stretches go by without a joke, because Louie, one of the best standups alive, has nothing to prove. He's more interested in telling a real story.

The episode is based on CK's own real experiences with the USO, and it's interesting to see how the operation works. It's also impressive to see how the 43-year-old New York comedian finds common ground with his much younger, military audience. But what's most affecting about the episode is the respect it has for everyone involved -- not just for what they're doing, but for who they are and why they do it.

And the funny parts are really funny.

I'm sort of baffled by some of the reactions... I've seen two episodes and loved both, but I've read numerous articles now which analyse the show like we used to analyse 15th century poems in literature. I find it off-putting.

Apparently Larry David is dating Amy Landecker, the woman who played Louie's date and then his mother in a later episode in Season One.

amy-landecker.jpg

She's hot.

in the last episode she played a bi-sexual that Larry was competing for aginst Rosie O'Donnel. I won't tell you who won her.

In the episode they had no chemistry. Dating? it may just be a career move for her.

This episode was absolutely incredible. Just when I think I'm on the edge of being hyperbolic with my incessant praise, the show keeps getting better. God damn.

And now I'm going to watch said Curb episode, at which point I'll finally be caught up. The life of a twentysomething television comedy addict.

How does Larry David pull these ridiculously fucking hot birds? He must have a massive dick or have some charm I've not seen evidence of. Because no amount of "I created Seinfeld" alone could pull birds like that. Surely.

I was impressed with how well the hour long Afghanistan episode was put together, complete with the dedication and credit for the idea & concept of the show going to Louie's 6 yo daughter. :up:

Louie was on Leno last night. Hilarious!

Would you ever date a guy my age?

Why, would you ever date a 19 year old?

Sure.

Would you really?

Uhhh...yeah.

There aren't many people I would genuinely describe as "hilarious", in the sense that they actually make me laugh out loud regularly. Ricky Gervais is one such person.

But you do have cancer. A lot of it. In your scrotum. Nothing else in there, just big lumps of cancer that's replaced everything else. And your AIDS test says you got it from fucking little blind boys.

She's hot.

And she's Larry's hot neighbor from A Serious Man. She's got the trifecta of nebbish dudes covered.

Back
Top Bottom