LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
full credit for the dharma jumpsuit, too

I got to say, whatever complaints I have had about some of the later writing

the music, never once let me down

I can't believe none of the passer-bys, stopped to throw down some money, I certainly would have

My kids met little Ben (Sterling Beaumon) at Comic-con today.

chelseaSterlingBeaumoncomiccon2010.jpg

the music, never once let me down

:up:

Also Michael Giacchino (he signed her CC badge)

MichaelGiacchinocomiccon2010.jpg

MichaelGiacchinosigcomiccon2010.jpg

That's so awesome Comet, good for her! :)

My daughter just found this, Damon's explanation for showing the crash site on the beach over the end credits:

sl-LOST.com - Daily LOST News ? Blog Archive ? Damon Lindelof Talks about the Closing Credits of the LOST Finale

After the [TCA] awards show, I asked Lindelof about the end credits of the last “Lost” episode which showed pictures of the plane wreckage on the beach, which some viewers interpreted to mean that everyone died when the plane crashed. ABC had said they put that footage there, which turns out to be sort of true.

Lindelof said three days before air he got a call from someone at the studio who said the network planned to run a “Cougar Town” spot over the end credits of “Lost” and everyone agreed that would have been inappropriate. Producers’ first choice was to just go to black but the network feared that would set a precedent, there might be issues with the unions over credits and then everyone would want to run credits over black (heaven forbid!). So producers suggested using B-roll footage of the empty hatch, the empty beach camp, whatever they could find. Turned out no such footage existed but there was footage of the empty, broken plane fuselage. No one thought when it cut together it would be interpreted the way it was but Lindelof said he didn’t know of any other way he would do it differently if he had it to do over because no matter what images they put there, he figures viewers would pick them apart.

Lindelof also said he’ll never talk about what producers’ artistic intention was with the finale because he feels like it was very simple and very clear and no matter what he says, some viewers won’t believe him.

Thanks VP :) We read about that somewhere too. :up: I think it was a good way to end things.

And one more pic from Comic-con. We were making the trek back to the car on the last day along with Sterling, so Camille got to meet him too. ;) He is really sweet.

camilleSterlingBeaumoncomiccon2010.png

There goes the "they all died in the original crash" theory for good.

Thankfully.

Note the last line. He obviously knows the fanbase.

Thanks VP :) We read about that somewhere too. :up: I think it was a good way to end things.

And one more pic from Comic-con. We were making the trek back to the car on the last day along with Sterling, so Camille got to meet him too. ;) He is really sweet.

camilleSterlingBeaumoncomiccon2010.png

Yay! :) He's a great young actor, his scenes really moved me. Of course, I'm a sucker for anything Ben...

She (they?) must have been over the moon thrilled to meet Michael G!

Note the last line. He obviously knows the fanbase.

Yay! :) He's a great young actor, his scenes really moved me. Of course, I'm a sucker for anything Ben...

She (they?) must have been over the moon thrilled to meet Michael G!

Oh yeah we loved all the little Ben scenes, he was great. :up:

And yes meeting Michael Giacchino was THE highlight of the week for Chelsea. And he also stole her lucky sharpie, so she was excited about that. :wink:

A lot of that shit is really cool, actually.

Charlie's guitar would be sweet. Dharma beer cans, Hurley's golf clubs.

Wow, they're going to make serious bank on that. Is that sanctioned by the producers or something? Money going to charity, or what?

This is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

sl-LOST.com - Daily LOST News ? Blog Archive ? Jorge Garcia on the Cover of Weezer’s New Album “Hurley”

hurley-album-cover-404-080910.jpg

After putting a flying dog on the cover of ‘Raditude,’ Weezer are one-upping themselves for their upcoming eighth LP, ‘Hurley.’ This time ’round, they’re forsaking an airborne animal for a celebrity: actor Jorge Garcia, aka Hurley from Lost.’ As Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo tells Spinner, the album’s name came easily once they settled on the photo.

“We struggled super hard trying to come up with an album title, trying to find some kind of phrase that summed up the whole aesthetic behind the album: ‘Heavy Mental,’ ‘Smaller Than Life,’” Cuomo says. “I was coming up with all kinds of stuff, but ultimately, we just went with some random word that doesn’t really have anything to do with anything. I just loved this photo of Jorge Garcia — it just had this amazing vibe. We didn’t want to do a fourth self-titled record and we knew people would refer to it as ‘the Hurley record’ even if left it without that title, so we just called it ‘Hurley.’ No words are on the cover because all we wanted was his amazing face.”

Unfortunately for ‘Lost’ fanatics, the album doesn’t feature any songs inspired by the hit show. In fact, Cuomo didn’t even watch it until meeting Garcia (he’s still watching the series, so don’t spoil the finale for him). “I only made it through season two, so I was really nervous hanging out with Hurley/Jorge recently, because I didn’t want to hear something about how it all resolves, or overhear anyone else talking about it,” he says. “I really like the show though.”

So my kids are currently unpacking the Blu-Ray complete series box set.

My God, it's beautiful. :drool:

Seriously, they have been geeking out over the unpacking for over half an hour now and still have not unpacked everything. The packaging is beyond gorgeous with unbelievable detail. For instance, in each seasons fold out disc holders there are watermarks relating to the season, like the writing in Daniel's journal, or Locke's note to Jack in season 5. It's just very cool. :up: :)

And the epilogue... just made me :heart:

Awesome.

If you're going to divulge what happens, spoiler tag it!

I still haven't bought it. I suppose I should have pre-ordered it, but every store in my city (it's not that big) is sold out of boxed sets. I am honestly shocked that this would happen here. I did see some people walking out with Season 6 sets, though. And I tried ordering it through the Best Buy website and they're all out of stock.

So BoMac is not a happy person right now.

Oh don't worry, I wouldn't think of divulging anything. My kids took photos of the set and I would have even spoilered those if I do post them. No worries. :)

We're sitting here watching special features now. Gah... watching Jorge Garcia read his final script for the first time... :sad:

Really? I thought it was a nice wrap up. (I don't want to post anything about why yet though since so many people haven't watched it yet.)

I was pretty underwhelmed by the "epilogue"/new footage, whatever you want to call it.

I was, too.

Super disappointing.

It was really nothing more than just another jokey special feature. For months we've been hearing that it would be full of "answers" but it wasn't. We knew most of that already. It was just a cutesy clip. And the Hurley Bird? Really? That's what they thought we wanted to see after all these months (and an entire furure!) of no new Lost? No. Sorry. Wrong.

Aw ok I guess It's alright to spoiler tag then...

What I liked so much was the wrap up for Walt! I thought it was excellent. He was a major character in the beginning and (unless I'm having a major braincramp right now) the only original major character who didn't get one. Considering the importance to the island ("you're special" etc...) he had, this was just an awesome end for him. I was happy with it, and think we were lucky to get it at all. :shrug:

Got the DVD set tonight. It's been fun unpacking everything. :love: I'm so glad I bought this.

As for the epilogue

I was a bit disappointed too. I was under the impression it would be more about Ben and Hurley on the island - not scenes of them off the island with other random Dharma employees. It was nice to see them bring Walt back to the island, but I was hoping for something more.

I don't know, maybe it's because I don't visit any Lost sites and hadn't heard anything about it being "full of answers", so I didn't have those expectations coming in. Walt was the one character I felt was really a big question mark when the show ended. Also the food drops got answered, but that didn't matter to me, yeah we can easily piece things like that together, but to get a character resolution was good, for me.

Is it possible to be completely head over heels with an inanimate object? Because I finally got my Blu-ray box set and it's just so beautiful. :love:

As for the epilogue:
I, too, was very disappointed. I did enjoy the Walt segment, but was very underwhelmed with everything else. I would have liked to have seen Hurley and Ben's reign on the Island and how, as Ben put it in finale "perhaps there's a different way, a better way" in terms of running the Island and possibly dealing with future candidates.

Back
Top Bottom