LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup. I noticed Smokey taking his knife out of the sheath several times before talking. I didn't see that the first time around. Not sure if it means anything, but I thought it was interesting.

That is probably the same knife that he killed Mother with 2,000 years earlier.

Earlier this season, Dogen told Sayid to knife the MIB in the chest BEFORE he speaks. And then in Ab Aeterno, Richard was given the knife by the MIB and he told Richard to stab Jacob before he speaks.

There's a connection there, no doubt.

That is probably the same knife that he killed Mother with 2,000 years earlier.

Earlier this season, Dogen told Sayid to knife the MIB in the chest BEFORE he speaks. And then in Ab Aeterno, Richard was given the knife by the MIB and he told Richard to stab Jacob before he speaks.

There's a connection there, no doubt.

Definitely! :up: I remember those scenes, and was trying to figure out where these new scenes connected with the previous ones as I was watching. I'm tired, so my brain isn't coming up with anything intelligent tonight. :)

I don't think it's the knife that killed mother, that one was given to Sayid by Dogan, I think it's in the temple still... :hmm: but I do think there is something to the whole knife thing in the finale. But I think it's just one of Locke's knives.

so the finale aired in new zealand over the weekend, and like anyone with a brain i haven't read any reviews. i did try to get started on one for shits and giggles, but...

At last Lost is at an end, with this TV reviewer feeling like a frustrated knitter who has tried to follow an extremely complicated Fair Isle pattern and got her threads in a tangle night after night.

The baffling cult drama about the survivors of a plane crash washed up on an island they couldn't leave because they were in denial about being dead, fascinated in the first season, challenged and shed its fan base in the next, and merely limped across the finish line in the sixth.

continued here, if you really have to

i couldn't keep reading and insulting my intelligence.

This is exactly how I felt about the ending of Lost.

Unanswered Lost Questions - CollegeHumor video

:lol: that was funny.

I think the biggest question I have--the one that bugs me far more than any unanswered questions about the Dharma Initiative--is who was Charles Widmore? What was his connection to the island? Did he get the whole Jacob/MIB war or was he another outsider fumbling along like Dharma. That storyline was current right up to the second-to-last episode and it was never clarified whose side he was on or what he knew.

after seeing "the End" again...later that night ABC continues to run 2 Lost Eps a night(late Sat into Sun) :hyper::heart:

It's starting with EPS 1 of the 3 parter with The Feighter/The Wheel/ Oceanic 6 go home etc..
when they all get off the plane Sayid dosen't ave anyone to greet him a and Hurely looks around seeing him standing yhere--puts his arm around him and brings him over to meet his family...
part 2 & 3 next week

which was a very nice echo for Hurley "taking care of peole" as Jack said to him as he became the Island Protector...

:lol: that was funny.

I think the biggest question I have--the one that bugs me far more than any unanswered questions about the Dharma Initiative--is who was Charles Widmore? What was his connection to the island? Did he get the whole Jacob/MIB war or was he another outsider fumbling along like Dharma. That storyline was current right up to the second-to-last episode and it was never clarified whose side he was on or what he knew.

Huh. After reading your post, I looked him up on Lostpedia, and it said that in 1954, he (and a couple more guys) were wearing stolen soldier's uniforms when they first met the losties. I remembered it as him being a soldier who got integrated into the others. Shows how wrong I can be, and why I need to verify everything.

I'm more curious about Eloise. I feel like we can put a lot of Charles' history and motivations together, but I'm puzzled about her. Specifically, I want to know what her role was when the losties met up with her at that church, and she was swinging the pendulum, telling them the coordinates to get back to the island. Her goal was obviously to get them back on the island, and her motivation was that she wanted to not kill her son...but then on the other hand, wasn't she a strong proponent of "what happened, happened?" Maybe it was just to get them back there so they could create the "afterlife" so that she could spend more time with Daniel? Gah, I don't know.

Interesting question for those of you still reading this thread, though - what is the one big question left hanging that you'd like to have an answer to?

I'm more curious about Eloise. I feel like we can put a lot of Charles' history and motivations together, but I'm puzzled about her. Specifically, I want to know what her role was when the losties met up with her at that church, and she was swinging the pendulum, telling them the coordinates to get back to the island. Her goal was obviously to get them back on the island, and her motivation was that she wanted to not kill her son...but then on the other hand, wasn't she a strong proponent of "what happened, happened?" Maybe it was just to get them back there so they could create the "afterlife" so that she could spend more time with Daniel? Gah, I don't know.

Interesting question for those of you still reading this thread, though - what is the one big question left hanging that you'd like to have an answer to?

I, too, have wondered about her since the end of the sow...her motives were certainly not explained...and in the episode you are talking about, wasn't there a connection between Charles Widmore and her? or was it Ben and her? I seem to remember that another character knew about her and what she could do?

I find it amazing that I am still pondering all the events of this show and wanting more answers a week after it ended...it is a show I am definately going to miss

She did not want them to go back to create the "afterlife" because once they all died they would have been there anyway.

No, instead she wanted them back because of whatever happened, happened and because she believed that if everything did not unfold as the universe intended it to, "then God help us all."

Remember that scene outside of the hospital after Ben shot Desmond where Eloise told Charles that she sent Daniel down that path knowing full well what would happen? I think it's because she did know what would occur based on what she gleaned from her son's journal. So in order to prevent these "bad things", she sacrificed her son for the greater good.

Huh. After reading your post, I looked him up on Lostpedia, and it said that in 1954, he (and a couple more guys) were wearing stolen soldier's uniforms when they first met the losties. I remembered it as him being a soldier who got integrated into the others. Shows how wrong I can be, and why I need to verify everything.

Eloise and how she knew about Desmond, etc.

What was so special about Walt that made the others go to the trouble of coming after him and why'd they let him go.

Eloise and how she knew about Desmond, etc.

What was so special about Walt that made the others go to the trouble of coming after him and why'd they let him go.

She knew about Desmond's special abilities through her son Daniel's journal, which he wrote in extensively until his arrival to the Island aboard the Kahana in 2004 before skipping back into time and spending three years in Ann Arbor from 1974-77.

The Walt storyline was aborted after he went through a huge growth spurt and is now 7-feet tall or something close to that, so the fact they never addressed it doesn't really bother me. Just someone else with special abilities, particularly the ability to visualize something and make it appear and be in two places at once.

OMGWTFBBQ. PLEASE tell me that this is a joke?

Do people say you look like Kate Austen from Lost? - m4w

Do people say you look like Kate Austen from Lost? - m4w (London)
Date: 2010-06-02, 8:46AM BST
Reply To This Post

Do people ever tell you that you look like Kate Austen from the television series “Lost”, played by the actress Evangeline Liily? If you do look like Kate, I am very interested in hearing from you. This is not for anything sexual.

Basically, I am a huge Lost fan and now that the series ended last week, I want hook up with a Kate look-a-like to re-enact scenes from the show, but not the sex scenes.

My favourite scene is the very last scene of the 3rd series, when Jack has a beard and he meets Kate by the airport and you think its a weird flashback where Jack is on drugs and falling apart but then you find out it is really a flash forward to the future after they leave the island and Jack says “we have to go back, Kate. We have to go back!”. I love that scene so much, I get choked up thinking about it, even now. Wow.

I am already growing a beard like Jack's and I am trying to find some of the pain pills like he took to make the re-enactment more authentic, so if you know where to get strong pain meds, as well as looking like Kate, you move to the front of the queue.

I am very serious and genuine about this and I am willing to be generous, if you really are a Kate look-a-like. I could pay, say £200 for a couple of hours of your time.

Maybe we could do the scene with Kate and Sawyer when they are locked in the polar bear cages too, I have a Sawyer wig just in case. If we do end up having sex in the cage scene, it would have to be because you want it too, because I am not paying extra for sex.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1770964223

Yeah, I was originally going to put the ad out for a Claire lookalike, but thought that Kate might get more responses. Wish me luck.

*raises hand* :D

I would want to hear some more about Eloise

and :lol: yesI kniw this is more than one question

I still would like to know more of the Mythology
If I /we never hear anymore that's ok too.
Maybe because I came in abut 3/5th of the way through the whole series, after leaving early in S.1

here's this magical island enclosing malevolence....
how did the first human become a designated Protector ...from a demi-god that was included with the Island.
And /or how did the first humans get there? The Egyptians seemed to be the first... though maybe The Babylonians were even there earlier.

Ancient Cuni-form (babylonian writing) Tablet Ad....

"One Magic Island with Protective Good Demi-God available for Human Occupation"

and related digression-- one of the long time posters on DocArtz.com - i enjoyed on eof his takes...
that if The Light went out it would also go out in all of Humanity, which have many more if not all of us us descend into even more uber greed/corruption/unsafe standards of living-working/murder etc and finally "poof" we do ourselves in to such a a degree we either all die out suddenly because of uber-catastrophic occurrence(s) or such scant population and horrid conditions we die out that way over realtively short peroid of time.

and MY question back to the thread

HAS it been specifically stated somewhere or more implied just what The incident.... was?

we were led to believe the incident was the Atomic Bomb going off and "creating The FST" ....though actually it didn't create the FST.

So was it the fact that they actually got far enough to actaully try and do that?

I IZ confused? :lol:

and that's ok..:D

HAS it been specifically stated somewhere or more implied just what The incident.... was?

we were led to believe the incident was the Atomic Bomb going off and "creating The FST" ....though actually it didn't create the FST.

So was it the fact that they actually got far enough to actaully try and do that?

I IZ confused? :lol:

and that's ok..:D

I copied this from Lostpedia, since it explains it better and more accurately than I ever could:

The Incident, first mentioned by "Dr. Marvin Candle" in the Swan Orientation film ("Orientation"), was an electromagnetic anomaly that caused a catastrophic event at The Swan construction site. The Incident occurred on the fourth day following the Oceanic Six's return to the Island in July of 1977, when a drilling accident at the site of the Swan station unleashed a pocket of electromagnetic energy. While the Swan Station was originally being built to harness this energy, the DHARMA Initiative was forced to change the goal of The Swan and construct it to contain the energy with large amounts of concrete, using the protocol to regulate the anomaly.

However, an electromagnetic anomaly alone was not the cause of The Incident. Daniel Faraday suggested that detonating a nuclear device might prevent the electromagnetic anomaly, beginning a chain of events which ultimately results in Oceanic Flight 815 not crashing on The Island. His theory contradicted his earlier theory that events of the past cannot be altered. It was briefly suggested by Miles that the survivors' plan to detonate the core of a hydrogen bomb at The Swan construction site might actually be the cause of The Incident, rather than preventing it.

It is revealed at the end of the series that all the events that occurred on the island happened (i.e. whatever happened, happened), thus the detonation of the nuclear device was the cause of The Incident. It is left up to viewer interpretation whether or not The Incident also resulted in the creation of the flash-sideways timeline.

I'm not so sure about their statement in the last sentence, though. The way I remember it is that Christian told Jack in the last episode that they created the flash-sideways world themselves. I guess one could argue that they created it themselves via the explosion? I don't know. I tend to think though that given the whole theme of their closeness and shared experience being the reason for needing the flash-sideways world, they would have created it regardless of the explosion.

I had always taken what Christian said in a more all encompassing way, like they/we/everyone created this place. Whether each persons "place" is different than the next persons according to their individual beliefs is just another thing to speculate. But for these people we watched in Lost, that was the place. It made me wonder things about other "extras" in that place... were they others on their own missions to meet up with their loved ones too? I chose to see it that way, that everyone in the sideways world, including those who didn't know or interact with the Losties were there for the same reason.

Maybe if I read other websites and theories there was a different explanation, but since I don't I just took it that way for myself and felt satisfied. :lol:

I had always taken what Christian said in a more all encompassing way, like they/we/everyone created this place. Whether each persons "place" is different than the next persons according to their individual beliefs is just another thing to speculate. But for these people we watched in Lost, that was the place. It made me wonder things about other "extras" in that place... were they others on their own missions to meet up with their loved ones too? I chose to see it that way, that everyone in the sideways world, including those who didn't know or interact with the Losties were there for the same reason.

Maybe if I read other websites and theories there was a different explanation, but since I don't I just took it that way for myself and felt satisfied. :lol:

That's pretty much what I took from it, too. :up: That while they were waiting for everyone from their group to join them, their tasks were to work through issues that arose during their lives, or perhaps to atone for things they'd done before they felt ready to move on. Those who didn't join the core group either hadn't worked through their issues and weren't ready, or they had a different group they were moving on with, people who held more importance in their lives.

I've read where some people are theorizing that the sideways world we saw was only from Jack's perspective, and that someone else from the group who crossed over with him may have had a completely different crossover experience, with different people, etc. I can't really see how that's possible, since we saw a lot in the sideways world that happened independent of Jack, things without his knowledge. Of course though, a lot of those small points like that were left up to interpretation. :)

Right exactly :) People who did not move on with our group probably had a different core group of loved ones. Ben for example probably had Danielle, Alex, maybe his father, etc... Daniel Faraday had his own group, maybe with Charlotte, his mother, etc... but their lives overlapped and met up with and interacted with each other in this place just as it did in their lives before death. Some just casually as in a delivery man you speak with for a few moments, and some much more intimately, as Ben did with the entire group.

Right exactly :) People who did not move on with our group probably had a different core group of loved ones.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion.

There is an university in Australia that will be offering a full credit course: 'The Wonders and Mysteries of Lost, the television phenomenon" in the fall. Let's wait for the truth.

I'm not sure why you didn't know that! :lol: I think that him being in that video was one of the first things I read about him after the show had started. :D

lostback.jpg

Back
Top Bottom