LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I even could soimetimes feel sypathy for Ben. And young MIB and young Jacob.

I think they lucked into Ben Linus, he saved the day

my guess it that they invested a lot of time in Mr Eko, a conflicted man of faith, the smoke monster may have been getting ready to choose (use) him

you may recall S M paused on Eko and seemed to relate to him (he probably was a candidate, if they had that concept then)

Well, Eko (the actor) did not want to be stuck on an island for the taping, he quit on them,
and the 3 episode arc for Ben got expanded.

some of the visuals in the action parts....... certainly echoed famous other visuals in SF/F cinmea....

at first I was disappointed that Flocke & Jack go to the stream etc with Desmond. I had earlier on imagined there'd be the full on fight right there.:shrug::D

But when they looked down the drop inside the tunnel, the golden light reminded me being inside the volcano in LOTR:ROTK in a much more sedated way! "we'll see who's right!" as they lower Desmond down the hole.

But then, oh ho! later when they're in siloutte against the sky up on the rocky cliffs both running towards each other to have the final fight. :ohmy: great intense visuals!!!

that reminded me visually of Frodo & Gollum and Anikin & Kenobi in their final battles.

As far as other references go, I said earlier, the jet take off was Stephen King's Langoliers all the way. :wink:

I rewatched the last half hour or so today after getting home from work. I haven't sobbed that hard in a very long time. Emotionally draining. I still have a headache from it!
Pretty weird considering I didn't cry during the show last night.

The show reminded me of the death of my dog which, quite honestly, I don't think I'll ever get over. My dad got mad at me after it all happened because I wanted to be by her side and he said that ~traumatized me. But no one wants to die alone. I can't imagine letting someone die alone purposely, especially someone that means so much to you. That's why Vincent got me going.
My hope of the afterlife is pretty much what they outlined in the show/Titanic where you are put back in the happiest moment of your life with the people who mattered to you most for all eternity. It was pretty to sweet to see that in the context of this show. :up:

I was at Disney's MGM studios yesterday (let's not reminisce on the fact that I had to drive at 85+ mph to get back in time thanks to shitty Orlando traffic :wink:) and took this photo:
w3w.jpg

Very very bittersweet.

i wanted to only quote one post in catching up on all of this, and i was expecting it to be one relating to deep who clearly watched the show half pissed while listening to music, or nsw's post about how he felt about it finishing.

instead, i think this is probably the most on the money:

Oh and Kate looked hot in the black cocktail dress, dead or alive.

Everyone should really read this.

While interesting, I would take that essay with a grain of salt. The person claims to be a writer - it doesn't necessarily say he/she wrote for the show, but the person did purport to have very good access to the writers' room and to their thoughts and intentions - and yet there are several factual errors in it, and several character names are misspelled, etc. Further, given Darlton's wishes regarding wanting viewers to watch it and absorb it and come to their own conclusions, I have serious doubts that a staff member would write and release such a thing.

If you go to the original source, someone with one post who just joined the site today posted it.

eta - another article. Sadly, I can relate to this one. :lol:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/lost-possibly-still-airing-in-parallel-dimension-d,17485/

'Lost' Possibly Still Airing In Parallel Dimension, Desperate Fans Report

May 24, 2010 | ISSUE 46•21

NEW YORK—Desperate fans of the recently concluded television series Lost are speculating that the program is continuing on in a parallel dimension somewhere, and that alternate versions of showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse are currently writing new episodes of the series. "It's very possible that a sideways world running concurrent to our own exists, and that a facsimile of myself is happy, fulfilled, and already gearing up for the season seven premiere of Lost," said 36-year-old Kevin Molinaro, who, along with more than 20 million other hopeless fans, has recently booked multiple roundtrip tickets from Los Angeles to Australia in hopes of traveling through a vortex in the space-time continuum. "I just have to find a way to get there. We all do." According to data from Google analytics, searches for "How to build/detonate/use a hydrogen bomb to open up a multidimensional wormhole" have increased 10 millionfold since the episode aired.

Well, I'm late to the party, as I wasn't near a computer all weekend long. Got to watch it last night. Wow. I've loved all your thoughts on what the finale was like.

For me, I absolutely LOVED it. The storylines were emotional and heartfelt, and I was so happy with the way it ended. So great to see Shannon and Sayid back together again, as well as Charlie and Claire. I lost track of how many times I started sobbing. :lol: By the end my t-shirt was wet from crying so much. LOL.

After it was over, I laid awake in bed for hours analyzing everything. I think I need to watch it again before I say too much more. I found myself getting anxious as I was watching, thinking, how in the HELL are they gonna answer the questions I have. But then I forgot about that, and just enjoyed the ride, and seeing all my favourite characters reunite. It was beautiful. At first I was a bit disappointed at getting no answers, but as I've thought it over in the last 24 hours, I'm totally okay with it. It makes it more fun that way - we can theorize forever about what things truly mean, but as someone (forget who) said earlier, it's all about the relationships and connections in life.

Overall I'm very impressed. Emotionally drained, yes, but very happy. It's been an amazing 6 years. I'm going to miss this show SO much. :heart:

Everyone should really read this. And also, rewatch the final fifteen minutes or so from last night's episode. I'm assuming most people were like me: so consumed by trying to figure out what was going on that we saw the ending, but we really didn't get to watch it. I rewatched it again today and it had an incredibly more profound impact than it did last night.

Yes. It's even better the second time around, when you're not trying to decipher exactly wtf is going on.

I got home from camping (watched on an old B&W tv by the fire) and got to page 32 and said 'meh'.

I guess I'm another one of the obtuse ones. Like I said along, they were all dead as doorknobs. The only thing that was different about them all was their ACCEPTANCE of it and coming to resolution/redemption. Jack was the last one, he didn't want to accept it. But they were all very much dead.

Anyways, it was fairly predictable but in my opinion not a great series ending until the last few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom