LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really don't know. I do know that the show has grown organically even for them, and that not EVERYthing was planned from day one. So that would be a very early quote I would think, but I would still say that since day 1 they brought the concept of faith into play, knowing full well that no one has the answers to those questions.

This one is for you Lostlifes

the lostlifes are, for better or worse, like religious believers

they are on board to the end, and won't be deterred
(I think many of them do subscribe to religious dogmas)

they just don't care if it does not add up, even if the original concept was something like, "everything has a rational explanation", and I do remember that was the message, during season one, that is why over time I have been a critic of the writing

losties just don't care, it is just a matter of faith to them

the writers have even pandered to them a bit, with throwing in religious themes to appeal to their sympathies,
to question Lost, would be heresy?

This one is for you Lostlifes who read all about it: did Lindelof (or whatever) say that there would be a scientific explanation for everything?

I don't remember the exact details, but like comet, I think this was a very early quote, probably first season. I would sort of put it in the category of things I mentioned earlier, like time travel, where if they gave true answers at that point in time, they'd be giving away upcoming themes and plot points, so they either lied, or played coy about a lot of things like that.

Also, I seem to remember reading that during the first season, they were under orders from the network to downplay the sci-fi/fantasy aspects of the show until the fanbase was bigger and established. The network wanted a larger audience than a typical genre show generally gets, and they knew that if the sci-fi label was attached to the show from the beginning, many people would dismiss it without even watching.

I really don't know. I do know that the show has grown organically even for them, and that not EVERYthing was planned from day one. So that would be a very early quote I would think, but I would still say that since day 1 they brought the concept of faith into play, knowing full well that no one has the answers to those questions.

you can believe what you want to believe

or you can give some credit to what the writers have actually said.

I did listen to that long (2 hour?) pod cast that some put up a couple of pages back

the two creators said (and I am paraphrasing) they got the contract for season one, 12? episodes

so they just threw in all the wild stuff, invisible monsters, polar bears, what ever they could think of

at best, they thought they would have a wild 12 episode dvd they would be popular and sell because it was so unpredictable

but then it got picked up, they had no road map, nothing was planned out.

They liked their Eko character and had more story for him. The guy was from England and hated Hawaii, he quit the show, so they killed Eko.

They liked the Ben Linus actor, who played a serial killer on The Practice, so they wrote a short 3 episode arc for him, in and out, is that less than the Ethan character?

Then Ben caught on, was gold, they decided to expand his character and story line

(so yes, the fans did help write this)*

Also they have said before they were stuck when they had
Kate and Sawyer in the cages.

Anyways somewhere along the line they realized they had a successful show and got a commitment for the 6 seasons, at that point they took what wild story lines they had throw out there
and made an effort to complete some kind on narrative story that would have a conclusion.

Also, the concept of time travel was not part of the original story until they wrote the episode 'The Constant"
that very good episode where Desmond was bouncing back and forth to different times while retaining consciousness.

anyways, I am a fan of this show

I just don't see the need to not fess up and say
"yeah, the writing is real sloppy, at least it did not completely collapse on itself"

It has been fun, but this could have been so much better if they left half of the shit out.

this won't go down with the all time great
TV series like

Six Feat Under
The Sopranos
Mad Men
Breaking Bad

This belongs to the people that tell (convince) themselves
they are really watching something important
*this belongs to the American Idol fans

wasn't charlotte born on the island too? Daniel remembers her if I can remember correctly as a child?

wasn't charlotte born on the island too? Daniel remembers her if I can remember correctly as a child?

When Ben read out the information they had on her, he said she was born in England.

Your post also made me think of Miles. I just checked Lostpedia, and it says that it's not clear if he was born on the island, or brought there just after birth.

Oh Yes...Miles.....hmmm..how in the world are they going to make my head stop hurting with all this!!:lol:

you can believe what you want to believe

or you can give some credit to what the writers have actually said.

I actually do :shrug: and I really don't see how you would assume that I don't. I even said that yes they have said they didn't have the whole thing mapped out from the beginning, but the show has been evolving all along. In an earlier post I've mentioned that I liked how the writers have managed to finally bring the concepts of faith and science to a full circle within the show that I'm okay with when looking back some day at the show as a whole. (Something nobody was sure they would even do) Maybe I don't take TV as seriously as some people and I'm just glad it's been a fun run. I have said that many times here. And I haven't thought every bit of it has been golden either, there's been plenty of episodes I didn't like, etc etc etc.... but all in all, I've enjoyed it a lot.

Anyway, originally I was only answering a single question from Dalton with the post you quoted.

TV series like

Six Feat Under
The Sopranos
Mad Men
Breaking Bad

megaeyerollvg5.gif

TV series like

Six Feat Under
The Sopranos
Mad Men
Breaking Bad

CocoRollsEyes.gif

Wow, that Lost unnecessary censorship just cracked me up. Thanks for posting that, comet.

"I fucked your son's dog!"

I know!! With the little Walt faces! :lmao:

Speaking of food, we're planning on geeking out and making fish biscuits. And maybe some other related stuff. What about you guys?

Wow, that Lost unnecessary censorship just cracked me up. Thanks for posting that, comet.

"I fucked your son's dog!"

no problem :wink: And it's usually the other actor's expressions in response that crack me up.

VP. Not gonna lie. :shifty: We printed out a bunch of these for our viewing party (party of 4 that would be)

Max Pictures’ Blather ? Blog Archive ? LOST labels for your DHARMA Initiative needs

A few months ago, some friends were coming over for the first time to join our own regular viewing group, and one of the girls told me she was gonna bring the "Dharma beer". I thought she was joking, and I went online to find labels to surprise her with my own legitimate LOST product. I printed them out, slapped them on a few cans, and when she showed up I was like "Where's the Dharma beer? I've got the real stuff!" and produced the cans. She opens up her box of Heineken and removes bottles with Dharma labels on them.

Needless to say, it was then I knew she was my type of gal.

Tomorrow I'm going to project the finale on a big screen in my backyard, and we'll be BBQing beforehand. It's going to be a memorable night.

VP. Not gonna lie. :shifty: We printed out a bunch of these for our viewing party (party of 4 that would be)

Max Pictures’ Blather � Blog Archive � LOST labels for your DHARMA Initiative needs

That's awesome, I'd never seen those before!

A few months ago, some friends were coming over for the first time to join our own regular viewing group, and one of the girls told me she was gonna bring the "Dharma beer". I thought she was joking, and I went online to find labels to surprise her with my own legitimate LOST product. I printed them out, slapped them on a few cans, and when she showed up I was like "Where's the Dharma beer? I've got the real stuff!" and produced the cans. She opens up her box of Heineken and removes bottles with Dharma labels on them.

Needless to say, it was then I knew she was my type of gal.

Tomorrow I'm going to project the finale on a big screen in my backyard, and we'll be BBQing beforehand. It's going to be a memorable night.

Are you dating her now? Don't let her get away, Laz!

Fish biscuits: http://www.kungfoodie.com/lost-fish-biscuit/

Here's a blog entry with tons of party and food ideas.

Lost Finale Party Ideas | The Ack Attack!

I'm not doing the party thing, it's just going to be my daughter and I. I'm fairly certain that this finale will break me and I'm not comfortable with having large numbers of people seeing me sob like a baby, but we'll pick out a few food things to do.

Yeah our "party" is my 2 daughters and I, and their one friend who is also a big fan. The 4 of us have watched this whole season together this year.

Just tweeted by DL:

DamonLindelof

Folks. Things are going to start leaking. Resist. It's Christmas Eve. You've made it this far. Don't read it. EXPERIENCE IT. Please.

Back
Top Bottom