LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #811
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
that was a good one
__________________

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #812
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,910
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Gotta say, I think season 3 was my favorite.
__________________

__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #813
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,002
Local Time: 01:34 PM


The first section of Season 3 is the low point of the entire series.

It picked up after that and had a killer finale, but I'd probably still rank it last or second to last.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #814
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,910
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Yeah, I read that online as well, that most people hated Season 3. I wonder if my love for it is due to the fact that I didn't have to wait a week between episodes.

Also, Desmond FTW. I seriously want to go back and watch all the episodes that he's in. He's one of the most complex characters I've seen in any show.
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #815
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 05:34 PM
LOST is the only series that I have an urge to rewatch from start to finish. I will do so at some point.

Mikal, what did you think of the music? I think that the score is, arguably, one of the greatest single things about the series.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #816
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,283
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
I think that the score is, arguably, one of the greatest single things about the series.
Absolutely, and I can't help but wonder if Giacchino will be contributing to the score for the new Star Wars, as he seems to always be the composer for Abrams' work.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #817
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,910
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
LOST is the only series that I have an urge to rewatch from start to finish. I will do so at some point.

Mikal, what did you think of the music? I think that the score is, arguably, one of the greatest single things about the series.
Love the score. Actually, I'm going to try to find a download for it tonight. "Make Your Own Kind Of Music" is my ringtone right now.

Not only the music, but the sound effects still stick with me. Like the build up when returning from a flashback to the island....fantastic!
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #818
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Yeah, I read that online as well, that most people hated Season 3. I wonder if my love for it is due to the fact that I didn't have to wait a week between episodes.
I think that is nothing more than a 'groupthink' reaction regurgitated by people trying to justify why they quit watching at some point. Personally, I'd rank Season 3 among the best 3 or 4 seasons of the show.

Most people didn't hate Season 3 at all. The last 1/3 of Season 3 is some of the best American broadcast TV ever, including that BRILLIANT season finale.

Basically early Season 3 was when the stalling began. It was during the mid-Season 3 hiatus that they struck the agreement to end the series. At that point, you first heard the name 'Jacob' in the first episode coming back. In other words, that was when they started to begin to wind it down.

All that said, early Season 3 definitely plays better watching on DVD. In real time, it was brutal. I haven't heard that many complaints about the early run of Season 3 (read: stuck in the cages) from people that have caught up with the series after Season 3 aired. But yeah, it is definitely a low point.

Funny enough...the concept of 'let's have them trapped in cages' was JJ's last contribution to LOST and his only contribution beyond the first six episodes.

He also did some BS like that on Fringe. He helped create it, went off and did his own thing, then came back and had them put in those 'super soldiers' in one of the season (was it 2?) premieres.

JJ can direct a popcorn film, no question about it, but as far as creative ideas, he's a little thin. Good thing he's not penning Star Wars VII.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #819
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
LOST is the only series that I have an urge to rewatch from start to finish. I will do so at some point.

Mikal, what did you think of the music? I think that the score is, arguably, one of the greatest single things about the series.
Yeah. I watched it again right after it finished in the summer of 2010.
Such a fucking brilliant show. I am long due for a rewatch.

And the music was SUPERB. Particularly, I love the 'Oceanic 815' theme from 'Exodus'. Especially the montage when they are loading up on the plane and Hurley winks at Walt. Those are the kind of emotional moments that most other series, including great series like Breaking Bad, can never quite capture.

Not that I couldn't fill up a long rant full of complaints about the Idiot Twins.
I didn't love Season Six. I expected a pepperoni pizza and got a cheese pizza. That said, it was a damn good cheese pizza, just wasn't what I wanted.

Anyway, I am loathe to even mention that shit because invariably someone will open their ignorant piehole about the series finale and I'll have to smack them into smithereens. I avoided this thread almost entirely during the final season (and afterward) for that reason. Particularly the Insufferable One.

I've got no problem with criticisms from people that actually know the series and can articulate those issues. There are a lot of them and they are legitimate. Problem is, the most vocal people are clueless. Even to this day people write/joke about them being dead the whole time. I mean...really?
__________________
U2DMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #820
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,910
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
I think that is nothing more than a 'groupthink' reaction regurgitated by people trying to justify why they quit watching at some point. Personally, I'd rank Season 3 among the best 3 or 4 seasons of the show.

Most people didn't hate Season 3 at all. The last 1/3 of Season 3 is some of the best American broadcast TV ever, including that BRILLIANT season finale.

Basically early Season 3 was when the stalling began. It was during the mid-Season 3 hiatus that they struck the agreement to end the series. At that point, you first heard the name 'Jacob' in the first episode coming back. In other words, that was when they started to begin to wind it down.

All that said, early Season 3 definitely plays better watching on DVD. In real time, it was brutal. I haven't heard that many complaints about the early run of Season 3 (read: stuck in the cages) from people that have caught up with the series after Season 3 aired. But yeah, it is definitely a low point.

Funny enough...the concept of 'let's have them trapped in cages' was JJ's last contribution to LOST and his only contribution beyond the first six episodes.

He also did some BS like that on Fringe. He helped create it, went off and did his own thing, then came back and had them put in those 'super soldiers' in one of the season (was it 2?) premieres.

JJ can direct a popcorn film, no question about it, but as far as creative ideas, he's a little thin. Good thing he's not penning Star Wars VII.
Good call. I bet the beginning of Season 3 was definitely brutal when waiting a week between episodes.

I think what I'm going to do now that I've finished the series is go back and watch my favorite episodes. I really loved the episode with young Ben killing the entire Dharma Initiative. Also, the Desmond-centered episodes are fantastic!
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #821
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 01:34 PM
This, Deadwood and The Wire are all going to get rewatches from me some day soon....just wanted to give it as much time as possible before breaking them out.

As for Season 3, I enjoyed it greatly, especially the second half. I watched it on DVD and that probably helped. If ever a show cried out to be consumed in batches, it's this one.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #822
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Mikal, I think the early part of Season 5 was equally as frustrating for people that didn't understand the time travel. And that I can't hold against people. They were trying to fuck with viewers as much as possible, which is probably why I loved t.

You speak of 'The Man Behind The Curtain'
Love that episode.
Michael Emerson's real life wife playing his dead mother. Meta-Freudian.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #823
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,910
Local Time: 03:34 PM
I did not know that! Nice!

I'm trying to convince my wife to watch it now just so I can have an excuse to start it all over again. LOL.

Yeah, I can see that about Season 5. I actually found that the early part of Season 6 was frustrating until I figured out what direction they were going with the Flash Sideways. Plus, the episod that tells the story of how Richard came to the island along with episode with Jacob and his brother as children were fantastic...leading up to a fantastic finale. My highlight of Season 6 was when Charlie put his hand against the car window underwater and Desmond remembered the "Not Penny's Boat" flashback. Actually it's interesting that Charlie seems to be the first one to realize what's going on in the Flash sideways.
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #824
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,032
Local Time: 01:34 PM
I've watched Lost in its entirety three times now, including the original airing. It's just so good. It's been about a year since I finished the last time, and I'm already looking forward to starting again. Although there are a lot of other great TV series I enjoy and also rewatch, none of them get to me emotionally like Lost does. I know the music has a hand in that too, it's so gorgeous. Can't beat a full orchestra playing for you every episode.
__________________
bonocomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #825
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,002
Local Time: 01:34 PM
Was able to check another cast member off my sighting list tonight, and I actually got to talk to this one.

Let's just say Charlotte is just as hot as she was on the show, if not hotter. Really nice too.
__________________

__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com