LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2010, 01:59 AM   #61
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:16 AM
I agree about MIB becoming more sympathetic this episode - Lost has done that with a lot of their characters. But in a way, don't you think that Jacob was manipulated and used, too? He was clearly the less bright brother (to put it mildly), and I think the mother preyed on his naiveté and sense of duty.

I thought the two young actors did a great job. And I was right (although it was kind of obvious), that the mystery boy running around the jungle all season is young Jacob.

Beegee, the Adam and Eve cave scene was kind of heavy-handed (as was the scene where ghost Michael revealed that the whispers are trapped spirits), but I suppose they have to cater to all levels of viewers.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #62
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
It looked like they were half nekkid at first, so I was thinking, when the fuck did Kate and Jack get back to the caves and start getting it on?!
Special features disc

Old 05-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #63
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
As far as I'm concerned, MIB can kill everyone left on this show and it would be fine with me. Motherfucker's got a right to be angry.
Oh yeah! I really loved that about tonight actually. Same thing has happened with so many of the characters that started out as the "bad guy" over the last 6 years. (Locke, Ben, Sawyer, Jin)

edit: when I started typing that post VP hadn't posted the same thought yet
Old 05-12-2010, 02:25 AM   #64
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Beegee, the Adam and Eve cave scene was kind of heavy-handed (as was the scene where ghost Michael revealed that the whispers are trapped spirits), but I suppose they have to cater to all levels of viewers.
I don't agree, not at this point, especially when it isn't something they've done before. If they had to remind the casual viewer of things they might have forgotten it would be a mess. That's not how this show works and it never has been, so why start now? A few weeks ago several people in this thread didn't remember that the limo driver was Minkowski from the freighter. They didn't flash back to several scenes of him sick in bed to remind people.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:10 AM   #65
Blue Crack Supplier

The only rebuttal is that the Adam and Eve thing might be the oldest "mystery" in the show's existence. While it's something that big fans wonder about all the time, I imagine the non-obsessed but steady viewers may have forgotten about it.

Basically, I agree with you though. That "remember THIS?!" device is always tacky.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #66
Blue Crack Distributor

Ok this made me LOL

(it starts at 1:00. Connect 4 Million!)

YouTube - Jacob and the Man in Black: LOST Game
Old 05-12-2010, 04:13 AM   #67
Blue Crack Supplier

Only got to 0:05. I can't bear to look at that fucking toad.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:32 AM   #68
Blue Crack Distributor

Just skip to 1:00 then.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #69
I hate this place

Local Time: 04:16 AM
it's a damn shame cj cregg didn't say "only what you take with you" when asked about what was in the cave. that would have been awesome.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

So the stealing babies thing has been going on for a while on this island.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #71
has a

Local Time: 05:16 AM
I'm still not happy that to illustrate a character's past or change of heart, they show them or turn them into whiny bitches--Richard, Ben, MIB, Jacob, etc. I don't remember this from any early episode, even with Nikki and Paulo.

The boys were decent in the episode last night, but I think Allison Janney, Mark Pellegrino and Titus Welliver were weak. This should have been dramatic, but AJ was just vacant.

Anyway, I'm bitching. I think the 2 long flashback episodes (this and Richard's) were rushed and should have had more time. The blending of the current and of the flashback is a trademark of LOST and abandoning it for time's sake is lame.

Don't get me started on using The Doors' The End for the promo last night. As if we haven't been beaten with the obvious stick enough this season.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

The only time I've ever thought Allison Janney wasn't a good actress. She was phoning it in, or she just didn't believe in the whole thing. Just my impression of it.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post

Don't get me started on using The Doors' The End for the promo last night. As if we haven't been beaten with the obvious stick enough this season.
I think someone is a fan of Apocalypse Now(and The Heart of Darkness), cause they've indirectly referenced it twice now in previews, with the "The Horror" preview a few weeks ago and "The End" last night.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #74
has a

Local Time: 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I think someone is a fan of Apocalypse Now(and The Heart of Darkness), cause they've indirectly referenced it twice now in previews, with the "The Horror" preview a few weeks ago and "The End" last night.
OT: One of the best documentaries ever:

Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse (1991)
Old 05-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I was generally satisfied. We've known for some time that electromagnetism was going to be the source of everything; they've just attributed some of its mystery to a metaphysical doorway between life and death/life force. This is something that people have speculated about the island for some time anyway. It is a little rushed, but I guess that's the cost of prolonging the ambiguity.

I think the only thing I find disappointing was the MIB being able to conceptualize the Donkey Wheel; no matter how special he is, I don't think he or even Daniel MFing Faraday/Widmore could have arrived at that idea in 43 A.D.

Beyond that, I'm okay. As I said, tying the life-force to the exotic matter seems to me like it was bound to happen in order to explain the apparitions and ghosts. I'm guessing we might get more elaboration on how MIB's soul/spirit was separated from his body/combined with the light, but either way I'm okay.

What I really liked about the show was the undermining of the black/white dichotomy just after we'd been led to believe that MIB was straight up evil. The mommy-issues approach might be a bit trite, but again, we've known it was coming. What I find more interesting is the light this sheds on Jacob's motivations. Despite being the quintessential momma's boy (or in my wife's words, "sissy" and "pussy"), he is still out to prove her wrong. That he snapped and went apeshit on his brother just makes it more personal. He needs to prove the possibility of good in humanity to himself as much as to his brother. It ties him into the show's redemption theme and humanizes what I was concerned would be a simple demigod figure.

My wife, on the other hand, was a bit devastated. I'm content to let this be about characters and relationships, but she wants explanations. I like the explanations; though they're a bit new-agey, at least they're not going the midichlorian route.

Also, for fun:

Lost-themed rice cake snackage.

Tags
lost