LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #631
has a

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I believe the finale repeats this Saturday night.

In case people didn't DVR it the first time.
It was available from iTunes really early Monday morning, much earlier than usual.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #632
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:49 PM
This is interesting. Apparently during the end credits Sunday night, some stations ran a split screen showing an image of the original 815 crash site. Some people are using this as evidence that either 1) the Ajira plane didn't make it off the island with Kate, Claire, et al, or 2) since the crash site showed no people, the entire episode meant that they all died on the original 815 flight. Now an LA Times blog has confirmed that this was simply stock footage of the 815 crash site that was inserted by ABC, and not part of the episode.

'Lost' exclusive: ABC sets the record straight about the series finale's plane crash images | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

Quote:

You know those Oceanic 815 plane crash images that ran after Jack's (Matthew Fox) eye closed and the "Lost" logo appeared on our TV screens? Some "Lost" fans and TV critics have wondered if they were a last Easter egg from the producers, a clue meant to lead us to conclude that no one survived Oceanic 815's crash landing — and therefore everything we've seen over the last six years never really happened.

Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were not part of the "Lost" story at all. The network added them to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news and never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

"The images shown during the end credits of the 'Lost' finale, which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach, were not part of the final story but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news," an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

That means, Losties, that we were not supposed to think that Christian Shepherd (John Terry) is a liar. What Christian told his son, when they were reunited at the church, should serve as guidance for our interpretation of the series' ending.

So let's review: Christian told Jack that he was dead and everyone else in the church was too — some had died before Jack, as we already knew, and some died long after. The sideways flashes then were a step in everyone's after-lives, a way to reconnect before moving on permanently. While there still may be unanswered questions related to that religious and spiritual conclusion to the "Lost" story, the photographs were really just a nostalgic, transitional touch added by ABC executives — and not executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

Love or hate it, that's the final answer.

— Maria Elena Fernandez

Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #633
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
This is interesting. Apparently during the end credits Sunday night, some stations ran a split screen showing an image of the original 815 crash site. Some people are using this as evidence that either 1) the Ajira plane didn't make it off the island with Kate, Claire, et al, or 2) since the crash site showed no people, the entire episode meant that they all died on the original 815 flight. Now an LA Times blog has confirmed that this was simply stock footage of the 815 crash site that was inserted by ABC, and not part of the episode.

'Lost' exclusive: ABC sets the record straight about the series finale's plane crash images | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

I thought it was nice--kind of a confirmation that "they're gone now," or "they're not LOST anymore."
Old 05-25-2010, 09:05 PM   #634
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think I just realized that Desmond's real purpose, this season, was to get the viewer to let go and realize that nothing mattered. "It's just a show, brotha. Don't bother looking for sense and resolution where there's none to be found. Let go. Let. Go. Brotha."

And then the last episode was him hitting us with his car.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #635
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 PM
I'm going to miss this show.

YouTube - Evangeline Lilly in Lost
Old 05-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #636
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
I thought it was nice--kind of a confirmation that "they're gone now," or "they're not LOST anymore."
Yeah, I really liked it and the fact that it added to the speculation, leaving us with even more questions. That's exactly why we loved this show in the first place -- it kept us guessing (well, not gvox, apparently.) Plus, it was just so excellently creepy. As silly as this may sound, I wish I didn't know that it wasn't meant as part of the finale. I guess that means it won't be at the end of the dvd, either. Bummer.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #637
Blue Crack Addict

I'm halfway through episode 2, season 1: god damn, I forgot how hot Kate was in season 1. "Dude. I'm starving, but I am no where near that hungry." I love you, Hurley.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #638
Refugee

I forgot, didn't we at one point see the plane underwater, was that planted by Widemore to throw people off from trying to find it and therefore the island?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:55 PM   #639
Blue Crack Addict

yes

the plane or a plane
Old 05-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #640
Blue Crack Distributor

Kinda cool. Someone reversed the opening scene of the pilot, and plays it alongside the ending scene of the finale. (Oh and don't watch if you have a propensity for jears )

YouTube - LOST - HE'D WON - THE PREDICTED REAL LOST END
Old 05-26-2010, 12:15 AM   #641
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
I think I just realized that Desmond's real purpose, this season, was to get the viewer to let go and realize that nothing mattered. "It's just a show, brotha. Don't bother looking for sense and resolution where there's none to be found. Let go. Let. Go. Brotha."

And then the last episode was him hitting us with his car.
It took you two days to come up with that?

Move along, nothing to see here...

I think deep is your constant. Hope you guys are able to find each other in your flash-sideways one day.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #642
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It took me four seconds to copy and paste it. It's a joke, you retard.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #643
Blue Crack Addict

I watched the finale. It didn't suck. I'm happy.

/most I've said about Lost in a year and a half
Old 05-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #644
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Probably also worth reminding yourself that like a month or two ago I said that Lost was the pinnacle of American television, based on what I've seen. And I'll remind you, myself, that I still agree with that. Might help you to chill out, although I have enjoyed your overreactions. They speak volumes about how insecure you are (for no reason) in your enjoyment of the show. (Not talking to you, Lance. I didn't know you watched Lost...?)
Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #645
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
It took you two days to come up with that?

Move along, nothing to see here...

I think deep is your constant. Hope you guys are able to find each other in your flash-sideways one day.
Laz,

I think you would have noticed by now, I don't play sides or teams.

Is there something I have posted recently that you would like to have a discussion about?

Tags
lost