LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #496
has a

Local Time: 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
I loved the episiode. I am completely satisfied with how it all ended. The scene with Jack walking back through the bamboo was just perfect. I feel like I'm still absorbing it, and this is from someone who was not exactly thrilled with most of the past season, although I wonder how much that will change when I go back and watch the season again, now that I know what it was all leading up to.

One of the most powerful messages I personally took from the final show is the fact that, just like in life, there are many things that are never going to be explained or understood. I spent the past few months watching the show feeling a bit annoyed about not finding everything out but after last night I realized that's the point. We're going to live, we're going to die, and there are going to be many mysteries in between, things that will never make any sense, things we will never know the answers to, but it doesn't matter. Ultimately, what matters are the connections we make with other people.

Sums it up for me.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #497
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Yeah, I think you're probably right. He just looked so forlorn sitting there with Ben.

Eta - not that there was nothing to protect it from. There was nothing at that point, but still, in keeping with the history we'd been shown, it still would have needed to be protected from future people/threats.
Yes, but with Smokey gone Ben and Hurley going on awesome vacations together is possible. They just come back every now and then.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #498
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
But it didn't amount to nothing. If you think about the series as being Jack's story of the island, then everything he did, from the moment he opened his eyes till the moment he closed them, it's completely worthwhile. Jack was always meant to do this, to pop the cork back on. Toss out the 65% of the fluff episodes and you'll have a nice arc that flows evenly. The afterlife is even all about Jack, getting him to remember and to let go of everything.

OT---but this was my argument for people who didn't fully enjoy Avatar. It was Jake Sully's story, not the story of Pandora. Watch it again entirely from his perspective.

And I totally agree about Jack. Best character. Best arc. And Matthew Fox knew it when he walked out on Kimmel teary-eyed.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #499
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
Yes, but with Smokey gone Ben and Hurley going on awesome vacations together is possible. They just come back every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
And Matthew Fox knew it when he walked out on Kimmel teary-eyed.
Yeah, that got me, too. He was really moved.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #500
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Quote:
Awesome, DRay and comet!
Here's our attempt:

FISH BISCUITS
Old 05-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #501
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Damn, the clip show is making me teary. Fuck you Lost, and your bs sentimentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddysgonnapay View Post
Me too!!!

Welcome to the Weepy-side of The Force!

SO wanted to have net service last night!
going through all the comments now
Old 05-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #502
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRay9911 View Post

and i love these lost-inspired target commercials
oh, darn missed those.....
Since I had to hold the antennae up for most of the 4 1/2 hrs I put it down during most of the commercials!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #503
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
Locke told Jack "I hope someone does for you what you did for me" meaning remembering the island.
THAT was a great line!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #504
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
You missed the non-Christian symbols.
At home by myself--- I laughed out loud at that point seeing the stain-glass window ... " It's a Unitarian Church!"
Old 05-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #505
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:09 PM
This is the pod cast after Lost Live, the Giacchino concert my daughters attended. Take a look, it's pretty cool. If nothing else watch from 2:30 on as the actors walked on stage. Very emotional!

YouTube - Lost 617 Giacchino Podcast - LOST Live
Old 05-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #506
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I loved the episiode. I am completely satisfied with how it all ended. The scene with Jack walking back through the bamboo was just perfect. I feel like I'm still absorbing it, and this is from someone who was not exactly thrilled with most of the past season, although I wonder how much that will change when I go back and watch the season again, now that I know what it was all leading up to.

One of the most powerful messages I personally took from the final show is the fact that, just like in life, there are many things that are never going to be explained or understood. I spent the past few months watching the show feeling a bit annoyed about not finding everything out but after last night I realized that's the point. We're going to live, we're going to die, and there are going to be many mysteries in between, things that will never make any sense, things we will never know the answers to, but it doesn't matter. Ultimately, what matters are the connections we make with other people.
I like this post, a lot.

I too don't need every loose end explained, it kind of is what it is, but I couldn't have explained why as eloquently as this.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #507
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddysgonnapay View Post
and did anyone notice a few times on Kimmel the young Jacob boy peering through the fake bushes? it was hilarious
i wasn't sure who i saw the first time, but then i did see it was Young Jacob.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #508
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I like this post, a lot.

I too don't need every loose end explained, it kind of is what it is, but I couldn't have explained why as eloquently as this.
Thank you.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #509
ONE
love, blood, life

I liked the finale, overall. I like that most of the storylines were wrapped up, and a lot that weren't specifically addressed, you can generally connect the dots.

In retrospect, I can't help but think about how flat-out unsettling a lot of this show has been--the purgatory/limbo world is really very creepy and made me think about how pretty much 95% of the cast was dead by the time the show ended--and the finale is no exception; I don't think I've felt this unsettled since the first couple of seasons when the island was mostly mysterious and unexplained. Recapturing that feeling, I think, was a good thing.

And now I want a holiday in Hawaii...
Old 05-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #510
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Well said, beegee. I've had scenes from the finale floating through my head throughout the day. I'm really happy with the way it ended.

Tags
lost