LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #151
I hate this place

Local Time: 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnforgettableLemon View Post
I think the only thing I find disappointing was the MIB being able to conceptualize the Donkey Wheel; no matter how special he is, I don't think he or even Daniel MFing Faraday/Widmore could have arrived at that idea in 43 A.D. .
we haven't seen faraday since desmond ran into him while looking for penny in the alt-universe.

it would be nice if he showed up tuesday or did something special on the 23rd

Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #152
Refugee

It's hysterical how here and on the Lost forums all of a sudden people turn into amateur historians and pick away at things that aren't believable. But hey, you've had a friggin' SMOKE MONSTER since season 1 !!

Still, the primary goal of any TV show is to get viewers, and as long as people who think the show has become "crap" are still watching, then they've achieved their #1 goal.

I got a wee bit disgruntled with the show in early season 3, but since then it's been great, "Across the sea" was even better when rewatched.

I didn't know they showed next week's episode last night, definitely staying away from Lostpedia.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Who are all these people you're talking about? Are you in some whiner support group?

I thought they were speaking as objectively as possible and giving examples about other shows they enjoyed, and while they acknowledged their responsibility to the fans, they wanted to make it clear they were doing this on their own terms.

You're so obsessed with making them your antagonists that everything you experience with the show is through that biased filter. It's sad, really.
This is one of the funniest, most confused posts I have ever read. Thank you. Genuine lolz and lulz both.

Haven't yet caught up on the rest of the thread, so I'm curious to see where it all goes. It's called "Google," though, so you know. I like you a lot, Laz, and it's just been hilarious to see how (seemingly) aghast you are that I'm not fully on board with your minority opinion. Again, I really, really, really hope for the best. They sounded like douches, they confirmed that they have been making it up as they go to SOME extent, and it's all good. You need to get over yourself, because I'm no better than you for being disappointed and you're no better than me for being pleased. I'm just disappointed and you're just pleased. Relatively and so far.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:36 PM
Oh, and this does kind of bother me. Only because of the wild, obviously made-up insistence that they had it all planned out, from the get-go (as if saying, in between the first seasons, "There will never, like, be any time travel in Lost," but whatever):

Why do the 140ish-year-old jabronis in The Black Rock have no flesh and no remaining clothing, whereas Adam/Eve are all good on both fronts after 2500 years, if it was always known what the deal was? Again, whatever. It's fine. I'll live. Mistakes happen. But, seriously. Come on. That's not a minor mistake, given their insistence. It just strikes me, personally, as kind of sad that they keep trying to beat people over the head with, "See??? We told you so!!!" when they're disproving themselves at every step of the way. If they hadn't so dutifully insisted on their all-knowingness, I personally would never have expected, you know, them to be all-knowing.

I mean, of course they had some shit planned out at the beginning. Like the black/white motif (amazing!) and clearly the island as a source of tremendous power, energy, uh, light, or whatever you want to call it. Bravo.

Anyway, I never thought I would be saying this a few weeks ago, but I'm looking forward to getting back to the main storyline, next week, and away from the clutching for straws non-answers episodes that really did feel like an obligation rather than a labor of love. I loved "The Candidate," and hope that they can build on that momentum.

P.S. Yes, I realize that them boars was all up in The Black Rock. But if that's why they're picked clean, then clearly that's why A and E should be, too. And this isn't an actual complaint, but I can't be the only one who wonders what happened to all the, like, bunny rabbits and water snakes that wound up in the cave of light, right? I mean, seriously. Come on!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #155
I hate this place

couldn't keep myself from reading the spoilers for next week

Old 05-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #156
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRay9911 View Post
couldn't keep myself from reading the spoilers for next week

OH NOEZZZZZ!

I'm eating lotsa Popeye Spinich so my Spoiler-Free Resolve stays strong!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #157
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
I'm sorry, but page 9 is
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
My eyes hurt from all that font magic.

the NICE WAY is to say...
..... you have trouble reading all the "font magic" , so please don't do that .
Old 05-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #158
Blue Crack Supplier

printed out next set of posts
Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #159
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:36 PM
something that bothers me...if smokey has inhabited MIB body after he is dead, then how is it that his skelton is still laying there next to his "mother"? that is the kind of shit that annoys me
Old 05-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #160
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:36 PM
He doesn't actually inhabit the dead bodies. He appears as them. Like with Locke.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #161
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
He doesn't actually inhabit the dead bodies. He appears as them. Like with Locke.
Yup. Locke's dead body was still visible while MIB was appearing as him. I don't think it's that he enters the body and reanimates it - more that he sort of manifests as the person.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #162
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddysgonnapay View Post
something that bothers me...if smokey has inhabited MIB body after he is dead, then how is it that his skelton is still laying there next to his "mother"? that is the kind of shit that annoys me
But the fact that a smoke monster exists and makes elephant noises you can suspend disbelief for ?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #163
New Yorker

Oh..OK..that's right

yeah, I have a harder time with time travel than with the smoke monster
Old 05-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #164
Blue Crack Distributor

Something else I take issue with (not directed at you, Daddysgonnapay, your post just reminded me of it)...when people pull out old quotes of Darlton saying "the show is not going to involve X." Mostly it's time travel, but I've even seen an old quote pulled this week on another site where they said the series won't involve any sort of twin relationship.

How are they supposed to answer questions like that?? "Yes, the series is going to get heavily into time travel in season whatever?" They can't give away major plot points like that (sometimes seasons in advance), and to use those examples to point and said "Ha, ha! They don't know wtf they're doing, they never had a plan!" is simply ridiculous.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #165
New Yorker

well. I have not ever thought they are making it up as they go along...I just haven't disected it that thoroughly...I just have a hard time with time travel in general. ...
someone posted awhile back about the basis with viewers disappointment is the viewer has an idea of how the show should go and when it doesn't unfold that way it pisses them off....I probably fall more into that category...I have enjoyed this show immensly and have enjoyed all the twists and turns and tried to go along for the ride for the most part. I also believe the writers are rushing to try to tie up all the loose ends and therefore the original story is being "Lost"...just my 2 cents...I still love the show and will certainly miss it when it is over

Tags
lost