Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's called the Life and Death Theme, and it was used often, last in Season 4 (when Sun was visiting Jin's grave). You can even buy it on itunes on the Season 1 soundtrack.

Thank you. And, in my infinite fanboyishness, I will be downloading it immediately.

Yep 'Life and Death' theme. They used it when Charlotte died in S5, IIRC. But they haven't used it a whole lot. Giacchino has some great fucking pieces of LOST music.

GAF, if you saw the same episode I saw an hour ago, (Do No Harm) that's one of the better uses of it. Jack going to tell Hot Shannon about Boone's death/Aaron's birth.

But the montage in the S1 finale is perfect. (boarding the plane)

Yup, that was the episode I caught. It was the first LOST I've watched since the S5 finale. I was surfin through the channels and saw it and said to myself "Fuck it. I'll watch some old school LOST." Great episode, and when that piano theme kicked in, I got chills. Hence the bump.

Yes, Giacchino has done a remarkable job with the show.

See? This is why it's good to be a member of a U2 fan community. If I have a completely random question about a piece of music on a TV program, someone will be along to help me out. Thanks, y'all.

^
I agree... I was 1dering if I was the only one that felt that way. In the Season 1 Soundtrack it is prominent in about 3 tracks (Win One For The Reaper, Charlie Hangs Around and Oceanic 815)... it's been used 2 sparingly lately. :(

Anybody who's read them, PLEASE don't even refer to them, from here on out. I beg you. Just read them, know them, and make no mention--spoiler tags aren't good enough, vague pronouns aren't good enough...only silence will do. Please.

The 5th last point onward makes no literal sense, if point 1 onward actually happens. Like, why would the 5th last onward then occur, with those 2 conveniently and accidently merging paths?

I gotta learn how to use these spoiler buttons. :grumpy:

Dammit, I should have never clicked on this thread before the Emmy's aired here on the west coast. :lol: Note to self - avoid entire the internet. :lol:

And Angela - you didn't spoil a thing. You were very vague, and I have no clue what you're talking about. :D

Dammit, I should have never clicked on this thread before the Emmy's aired here on the west coast. :lol: Note to self - avoid entire the internet. :lol:

And Angela - you didn't spoil a thing. You were very vague, and I have no clue what you're talking about. :D

I'm glad that didn't spoil anything! :D It's very hard to be clear and vague at the same time :lol:

:huh: just don't click the spoiler tags. Self control is key. :huh:

I don't. But people rarely respond to spoiler tags by using spoiler tags...as we have already seen, after just a handful of posts, in this thread. If the entire conversation has to be tagged (as the one in question should be but hasn't been), then save it for PMs. Seems like a reasonable and brutally obvious way of doing things.

If the entire conversation has to be tagged (as the one in question should be but hasn't been), then save it for PMs.

While I do agree that spoilers have NO place in this thread, if you're talking about AngelaHarlem's post, it was hardly a spoiler.

It makes absolutely no sense (no offense, Anna).

I've read it twice and still have no idea what she's talking about.

While I do agree that spoilers have NO place in this thread, if you're talking about AngelaHarlem's post, it was hardly a spoiler.

It makes absolutely no sense (no offense, Anna).

I've read it twice and still have no idea what she's talking about.

No offence taken. I apologised, not much more I can do about it. :shrug:
Now, if the spoiler is correct:

Why does the scene in the cab fit? Their paths need not cross if the whole spoiler carries out as planned, right? They'd be strangers still, thus making their detour off to the big house that was mentioned as an incomplete segue. And why would they go to this big house that was mentioned? It doesn't fit with the restarting of 815. They shouldn't be aware of it, who owned it, the significance of it, any of it. The use of coincidences is getting ridiculous when there are too few explanations ever offered.

I don't think you have to do you? I haven't done it yet myself but my kids have and we don't have Blu-Ray.

Did anyone watch that new show Flash Forward the other night? And if so notice the LOST hint/clue/reference/nod/whatever...? :hmm: Completely different show so probably not a spoiler but just a fun little connection :wink:

Did anyone watch that new show Flash Forward the other night? And if so notice the LOST hint/clue/reference/nod/whatever...? :hmm: Completely different show so probably not a spoiler but just a fun little connection :wink:

I watched the first half hour before losing interest but yes I did - for instance, they had a huge billboard advertising 'Oceanic airlines'.
Also - 'Penny' from Lost is one of the main characters and Dominic Monaghan is supposed to join the cast mid-season.

Yeah it was what the Oceanic Airlines billboard said though that was the clue, but I won't post it since most people here don't want any kind of spoilers, whether they are valid or not.

Back
Top Bottom