Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You said there was no need to dwell, and I'm just pointing that nobody is dwelling, and if we were, it was not due to a need, just curiosity. I like the mysteries contained within, and I like trying to solve them, but, by the end of the show's run, I'd like everything to be tied up. If this were a film or novel, some unsolved mysteries might be ok with me, but not with this show. Just my take.....

Ok I see. I think that feeling the entire series is a waste if they don't go back to Walt's story is really extreme though, and yes, IMO. Personally I just think that his story line is wrapped. I could be wrong though too.

Ok I see. I think that feeling the entire series is a waste if they don't go back to Walt's story is really extreme though, and yes, IMO. Personally I just think that his story line is wrapped. I could be wrong though too.

It's really, like, double super rare that I'm wrong....but it's possible, however slightly.

:)

I think it's ok that there may always be some mysteries to wonder about.

Exactly, just like in life, not everyone's story gets neatly wrapped up.

I also think that in a few years we will look back and wonder why the hell we even liked Lost so much.

I also think that in a few years we will look back and wonder why the hell we even liked Lost so much.

TV is not life, though, and Lost is a fantasy. It needs to be wrapped up like any other TV series. And, it will.

I agree that your 2nd sentence could easily come to fruition, though.

Any of u guys gunna sign up for LOST U?
LOST UNIVERSITY / COMING TO BLU-RAY

LOL. Yeah I got my pencils ready :wink:

Lostpencilsnotes-1.jpg

^What happens if u call that #?

LOL

I read sum UCLA professors are teaching sum of the classes

I know what you guys mean about not necessarily "NEEDING" the story to be wrapped up, but I do think that it's quite needed, in more of an abstract sense. I mean, think about it--finding out what the deal was, with Walt, was nearly THE driving force (apart from getting off the island) driving the second season. There were non-TV mini-episodes about it, the whole Michael-goes-nuts thing, the appearance when Shannon was killed, the kidnapping at the end of the first season...the list goes on. He even somehow factored in to getting Locke to become Locke! Not to mention season 3, when the Tall Ghost of Doom yet the fuck again made us ask a lot more questions about Walt.

Maybe I'm just too picky, but I really don't know how happy I could be looking back on this series, with all of that shit still hanging out there, in a year's time. I don't think that I could say, "You know what...it's all good. I don't mind not knowing about that stuff. It's not a big deal." That's insane. It would be the equivalent of there being no mention of Yoda in Return of the Jedi. Sure, his "cameo" is pretty tacked on, but it was needed. Without it, there's a gigantic chunk of the trilogy which would've just suddenly vanished, thereby denying closure. No way, man. No way.

But what if all those people are twats and the first third of season 5 was an unbearable pile of polar bear shit?

I just can't imagine surviving the beginning of Season 3 with the Paolo and Nikki bullshit and not sticking it out through last season, especially when everyone was talking about how great the second half episodes were.

I know what you guys mean about not necessarily "NEEDING" the story to be wrapped up, but I do think that it's quite needed, in more of an abstract sense. I mean, think about it--finding out what the deal was, with Walt, was nearly THE driving force (apart from getting off the island) driving the second season. There were non-TV mini-episodes about it, the whole Michael-goes-nuts thing, the appearance when Shannon was killed, the kidnapping at the end of the first season...the list goes on. He even somehow factored in to getting Locke to become Locke! Not to mention season 3, when the Tall Ghost of Doom yet the fuck again made us ask a lot more questions about Walt.

It would be fine with me if we never saw Walt again.

I think the others thought Walt was the next chosen one, he wasn't, end of story.

:up:

He was just a weird kid.

But if you reeallllyyy need more Walt I know some microwaveable fried chicken commercials you might like. :wink:

He was just a weird kid.

But if you reeallllyyy need more Walt I know some microwaveable fried chicken commercials you might like. :wink:

Yes, a weird kid who could kill/control things with his mind. No reason to explain that! ;) I guess it's just different strokes for different folks, you know?

I have seen that commercial, though. Fucking sad. He looks all kinds of jazzed up to be eating them shits, though, so I guess it's all good...?

I was actually going to put up that link a bit earlier, laz, and say something like, "Plus, how can you just write off a character who inspired the immortal WAAALT! - by having Locke go, 'Nah, it's all good, bald Morgan Freeman. I'll just talk to Jack and then Walt'll figure his shit out. Or something. Plus, I suddenly have tits, for whatever reason. Wait till you see me wearing a backpack!'" That's garbage.

Right, but why they keep showing up everywhere is what I meant.

Not to mention the fact that they can't be all that perfect if only Hurley's lottery came up with those numbers. Shouldn't that shit be a bit more predictable? Bah.

Sorry about the random bump but here goes...

I just caught a Season 1 episode on SciFi channel. There was a little recurring piano motif that was used that season, and used brilliantly. I vividly remember it being used perfectly in the season finale as they went to the shot of everyone boarding flight 815. If I'm not mistaken, they completely abandoned using that part of the musical score after Season 1? Where'd it go? I want my Season 1 music back, dammit.

It's called the Life and Death Theme, and it was used often, last in Season 4 (when Sun was visiting Jin's grave). You can even buy it on itunes on the Season 1 soundtrack.

Yep 'Life and Death' theme. They used it when Charlotte died in S5, IIRC. But they haven't used it a whole lot. Giacchino has some great fucking pieces of LOST music.

GAF, if you saw the same episode I saw an hour ago, (Do No Harm) that's one of the better uses of it. Jack going to tell Hot Shannon about Boone's death/Aaron's birth.

But the montage in the S1 finale is perfect. (boarding the plane)

Back
Top Bottom