Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably my favorite episode of the season, so far. Not because it was jaw-dropping or mind-blowing, but because it never, ever sucked, and because it worked wonderfully as an episode. Very, very good.

That's awesome! :laugh: Those were my favourite parts of the episode.

No surprise that Chang/Candle is Miles' father. I'm glad that Daniel showed up again, and am interested to see what happened with him.

That's awesome! :laugh: Those were my favourite parts of the episode.

No surprise that Chang/Candle is Miles' father. I'm glad that Daniel showed up again, and am interested to see what happened with him.

I wondered if Miles would be revealed as Candle's son. I keep thinking he looks like Jon from Jon & Kate fame, but Chang/Candle's offspring was a likely guess.

Has it ever been revealed who Penny's mother was?

The Star Wars stuff was lame, and I'm a big fan. Having said that, Hurley was fucking hilarious. I laughed out loud a good number of times.

"That douche is my dad".

The Faraday thing at the end would have been a lot cooler had he said something enigmatic, or leading. We know he's been gone a while. We also knew he was coming back because he was there in that opening to the first episode this season (still not reached chronologically). No cliffhanger there.

Hurley doesn't know his Empire Strikes Back as well as he thinks he does. When he went on his big spiel about the movie near the end of the episode, he said something along the lines of "That's what Luke thought, too. In Empire, Luke found out Vader was his father, but instead of putting down his lightsaber and talking about it he overreacted and got his hand cut off."

FALSE. Vader cut off Luke's hand before he made the infamous "I am your father" speech.

After seeing Kate open her Dharma beer by pushing back the tab I had to look this up.

Ten years after the "ring" version of the pull tab was introduced, an answer to this environmental and safety nightmare finally came when the "stay-on-tab" style was introduced in 1975 by the Falls City Brewing Company, and they were here to stay...

The History of the Can Pull Tab

I thought stay-on-tabs were more a thing of the 80's but I was wrong.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I didn't think I'd enjoy the Miles backstory, but it was great how it tied in to everything.

As soon as Hurley asked how to spell bounty hunter, I knew it was in reference to Star Wars.

That, and the fact that Hoth was in the title of the episode.

And I'm really loving the corny 70's music they've got going on.

As soon as Hurley asked how to spell bounty hunter, I knew it was in reference to Star Wars.

Me as well.

Best line was "face it dude, the ewoks suck".

Hurley was quite funny in the bus ride with Miles and Chang, the whole coincidence about the name Miles and lets have a beer stuff.

And the end was interesting when Miles was watching his dad and his 3 month old self...Chang looked to me to be quite stricken with his son, makes me think his mother lied about things.

After seeing Kate open her Dharma beer by pushing back the tab I had to look this up.

Because I am a little older I am always catching these things.

Pull tops were in common use in the seventies.

I remember watching Madmen and they had nylon pantyhose in 1960.

They may have been invented. But they were not in common use.

anyways, back to last nights episode.

I forget, has Dan died in the future ? or was it his girlfriend?

Is he the Mathematician / Scientist from England?

Overall great episode.....I never really enjoyed Miles as a character until now. It was great to see some backstory on him and how he is tied into everything. I wonder who those guys were in the van that picked him up in the backstory. They called themselves "The Good Guys". I'm assuming they work for Ben because Ben would frequently refer to The Others as Good Guys too. Very interesting......

Overall great episode.....I never really enjoyed Miles as a character until now. It was great to see some backstory on him and how he is tied into everything. I wonder who those guys were in the van that picked him up in the backstory. They called themselves "The Good Guys". I'm assuming they work for Ben because Ben would frequently refer to The Others as Good Guys too. Very interesting......

The guy speaking in the van was Bram, the same guy who seemed to be on Ilana's side on the island the week before. Ben appeared not to know them in their scenes, so either Ben is lying, or they're some mysterious 3rd faction that we're not aware of yet.

Could they be sent by Dharma? Hawking? Ancestors of the original island inhabitants?

probably Dharma trying to take back the island.

That seems most likely to me at this point, too.

I wonder how they're going to work the whole Egyptian thing into it, though. I'm pretty sure that that's going to be Alpert's connection to the island, that he's one of the original inhabitants. Although he's on the side of the Others, he doesn't really seem like he's one of them. He's more like a consigliere, kind of watching over and advising the current leader.

:shh: I'll bet he's only got 4 toes too.

Ha! I hope they don't subject us to a scene where we have to see a close-up of his toes.

And he does wear a ton of eyeliner...:hmm:

Not sure if you're kidding or not, but it's apparently not makeup, it's completely natural.

Once more, for the record: Nestor Carbonell does NOT wear eye make-up!

This cracks me up:

“When I was in college in Boston, I had a commercial agent who sent me out for some print commercial stuff,” he said. “But they called me into the office and said, ‘Look, we called you in to talk to you because we just want you to know that…well, we don’t think you need to wear eyeliner.’ And I’m, like, ‘What?’ ‘Yeah, it’s okay, you don’t have to wear it for print ads.’ ‘No, I’m not wearing eyeliner!’ And I kept dabbing my eyes and saying, ‘Look! No eyeliner! I’m not wearing any!’ And, finally, they started laughing.

Poor guy. :lol:

Yeah, I was kidding around but I have always thought his character was really wearing it.

That was a great article - thanks, VP!

So this much seems pretty clear to me:

Widmore and his people are a breakaway group from the original Dharma Initiative. His personal grudge though is with Ben (as the Dharma Initiative is basically defunct). Ben has, of course sold out to the others a long time ago, so essentially the two competing sides are the Others and Widmore's people. The Others are the one's that are more spiritually "in tune" with the island--I see them as the island's true protectors. Even within their group though, there are distinctions. There are people like Ben who joined the Others and then the mysterious ones who actually are deeply connected to the island like Alpert.

Good string of episodes lately.

I think that John Locke, Christian Shepherd, and Richard Alpert all have something in common. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom