Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
never was a fan of Kate's flashbacks but at least it explained why she decided to come back to the island, which to me felt like closure to her character....just sayin'

next one looks like it's going to be great

Yep, it looks like we're begining to see closure happening for some of the characters. :up:

I like how Sawyer has become practically the main protagonist, and Jack has receded into this sad little lost boy. The scene where Kate tells Sawyer about his daughter was SO well played.

Evangeline Lilly gets a lot of shit for not being a good actress, but this may have been her best episode to date.

Was anyone else like OH SHIT!! when Alpert carried Ben into that building? What the fuck was that?? My friend suggested Jacob's cabin but it looked like a 2-floor house to me. Of course, they cut away before we see how Alpert saves his life.

The ending: Oh yeah. "Welcome back to the land of the living". You could see it coming a mile away, but a great set-up for next week, which looks like it's destined to be one of the all-time classics.

PLEASE DON'T KILL PENNY!

Was anyone else like OH SHIT!! when Alpert carried Ben into that building? What the fuck was that?? My friend suggested Jacob's cabin but it looked like a 2-floor house to me.

!

The Temple perhaps?
Definitely not Jacob's cabin, at least not the one he was in in 2004, who knows what digs he was renting in 1977.

Yup, definitely the Temple. That's what made it so awesome! Will be interesting to see what happens next week. Crazy awesome!

And how gorgeous did Kate look last night?! Holy crap - I was totally coveting her hair and clothes when she was in the grocery store.

And how gorgeous did Kate look last night?!

Very.

It's funny you mention her hair, too, because at one point I actually thought to myself "Wow, her hair looks especially nice in this episode"...which is weird because I don't usually notice stuff like that. I'm becoming soft in my old age.

I've been reading Doc Jensen's Lost re-caps and other articles on EW.com, and he said something today that I thought was reallly interesting:

Which reminds me of a theory I've been meaning to share with you for a while now. Remember how Ben murdered Locke? And remember how Eloise Hawking said the Oceanic 815 experience had to be replicated in order for Ajira 316 to return to the Island? And remember how Jack shod Locke's corpse with his father's shoes so Dead Man John could play the role of Dead Man Christian's proxy?

Could it be that Lost may have been intimating that Christian has a little more in common with Locke than a pair of shoes? What if Christian's death wasn't the result of a bad bender Down Under, as we've been led to believe? What if Christian was murdered — say, by a certain someone keenly interested in making sure Jack and all his castaways friends followed paths of destiny that led them straight to the Island? A certain someone whose name sounds a lot like Zen Sinus?

:hmm: Innnnteresting! I normally don't pick up on stuff like that while I'm watching, but I love reading everyone else's theories after the episode has aired.

That was great. You knew that Back To The Future would come up at some point.

I think that part was written to try and articulate a lot of the stuff the viewers were probably thinking/wondering about by now. Smart.

And how gorgeous did Kate look last night?! Holy crap - I was totally coveting her hair and clothes when she was in the grocery store.

OMG..i was just discussing the same thing about her in the grocery store with my co-worker!:D

I've been meaning to bring this up for a while so here it is.

The piano line that opens the Tori Amos song "Silent All These Years" (it occurs later in the song, too)...doesn't it sound eerily similar to some LOST music? Like one of the little reoccurring musical themes that pop up in the show when something creepy is about to happen?

Seriously, listen to this shit. It's the very first thing you hear in the song. The opening piano.

YouTube - 孫燕姿 - Silent All These Years

That is so LOST. Of course, the song predates the show by like 12 years.

I love the "emotional" theme from this show. Seriously some of the best new music out there, from a symphonic standpoint.

The piano line that opens the Tori Amos song "Silent All These Years" (it occurs later in the song, too)...doesn't it sound eerily similar to some LOST music? Like one of the little reoccurring musical themes that pop up in the show when something creepy is about to happen?

Seriously, listen to this shit. It's the very first thing you hear in the song. The opening piano.

Yes it is similar.
I remember hearing that when it first came out and seeing Tori play it live.
If anything Tori borrowed it from Peter Hamill.

That's weird, I never noticed it. And I'm the Tori fan around here. :angry:

Man, that song is always such a jolt. Takes me back to such a specific time and place so fast...kind of like being on a island moving through time. :shifty:

Well, I'd say that that was about half of a really good episode, and half of a regular-ass episode. You've gotta accept the clumsier-than-Star Wars exposition, because that's sadly how weekly TV works, in the States, and that was my only major complaint. Otherwise, I'm just sort of disappointed that this wasn't at all the episode that last week's previews suggested to me that it would be. ...And, again--a pointless, needless, and sort of momentum-sapping REFUSAL to answer even the most trivial of questions.

Also, PLEASE tell me that Captain No Line isn't the unexpected, out-of-the-blue "fan favorite" death that the producers confirmed with either EW or TV Guide (can't remember which)...?

Oh, and yet another almost certainly unintentional reference to U2, with the whole "with or without you, bitch" bit.

Alex :drool:

I was SO hoping Ben was going to die Eko-style. Didn't Eko's dead brother appear to him right before smokey beat him down?

There's nothing I love more on Lost than the Ben/Locke power struggle; it's a constant bout of oneupsmanship, and when Locke has the upper hand I get all giddy. It appears from here on out that Ben might be deferring?

As for the Desmond/Penny thing, it played exactly how I thought it logically would, though I was worried the producers would try something surprising. But as soon as Ben said "Tell Desmond I'm sorry" I knew he didn't actually kill Penny, as it would have been too obvious.

Not as great an episode as I was hoping for (I think everyone was expecting BEST LOST EVAR OMG!!!!!1!!!1!), but this was pretty damned great. I'm bummed that we have to hang out with the Lame-O's again next week, and wish they would do another cross-cutting episode.

Wow this show keeps reminding me why its the best show on television. Last night reminded me of that once more. The entire tomb scenes were amazing. I want so much more of that element. Seeing all the egyptian hieroglphics all over and the one showing the smoke monster. amazing. And this new dead/alive John Locke is amazing....love it.

It was nice to get away from all the 1977 crap going on, and bring the focus back to the present with Ben and Locke. I thought the flashbacks were very well done, and liked how they handled the scene with Desmond and Penny.

One of the better episodes this season.

I was actually really disappointed with this episode.

Best moment for me was when Ben, expecting the smoke monster, tells Sun what's about to come out of the jungle is something he can't control and John Locke walks out instead. That was brilliant.

Good shit.

Loved when Linus shot Caesar out of the blue. "Are you looking for this?" BLAM!

Definitely a nice, suspenseful sequence down there in the catacombs under the temple. Couldn't help but be literally on the edge of my seat when the smoke starting pouring out of those holes and inching towards Linus. The payoff, though? Eh...I was expecting something a little better than the kinda-cheesy flashing images of his past with Alex. But, whatever.

And, yeah, I guess Linus has to be Locke's bitch for at least a little while. That should be fun.

Back
Top Bottom