Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe Ben produced Jin's ring and that convinced her. I'm not entirely sure why she'd choose to go back and leave her toddler behind. Yet another explanation we're missing. :sigh:

I don't think I'm going to watch this show any more to be honest. I can't bear the pain of what it's become.

So you don't have to put up with my incessant negativity in these threads any more! Yay! :wave:

I don't think I'm going to watch this show any more to be honest. I can't bear the pain of what it's become.

So you don't have to put up with my incessant negativity in these threads any more! Yay! :wave:

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

Yes as Tiger Edge said the ring was the proof.

And it was good to see Ben's face back in it's normal condition. :wink:
That poor guy must spend more hours in the makeup chair than anyone else on the show.

you are right

some of us are still wanting to buy into the con
because we have so much invested

please don't tell me that Madoff's projected returns are not legit.
When the guy began, he was a genius

what's not to like?

the writing, they have taken it to a place

the writing is a huge let down and makes further viewing of the show, less and less, enjoyable

images%5Cscreen_captures%5CS1E09_Shannon_Bikini.jpg

Shannon, we need to get back to camp so we can help make tents.

With all the time shifting.

they could at least have thrown in 30 minutes with her. :shrug:

Regarding the Ben thing, remember he said he had to fulfill a promise to an "old friend". Clearly he was talking about telling Widmore he was going to kill his daughter. Those cuts and bruises are definitely from Desmond, Penny, Widmore's people, or some combination of those.

I'm intrigued more by how Sayid was convinced. Hurley thinks his life is cursed anyway, so not much of a stretch.

Perhaps I missed a post, or something...but did nobody else see that Locke is coming back from the dead, next week? That's kind of big news, no?

I am infuriated by this, as I'd really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hoped that he was gonna be out of the picture, once the whole "We're baaaaaaaaaack!" thing got resolved. Fuckers.

Damn it.

Perhaps I missed a post, or something...but did nobody else see that Locke is coming back from the dead, next week? That's kind of big news, no?

I am infuriated by this, as I'd really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hoped that he was gonna be out of the picture, once the whole "We're baaaaaaaaaack!" thing got resolved. Fuckers.

Damn it.

First, did you see evidence of his resurrection in the preview?

Second, did you ACTUALLY think he was going to stay dead? You must be deranged. At the end of season 4 when Ben said they had to take Locke back too, I KNEW he was going to come back like Jack's dad. It's totally obvious.

As he's the most interesting character in the show (and its only Emmy winner), you'd also have to be crazy to think they'd "kill him off" mid-season when they still have another one coming next year. No. Fucking. Way.

I think once Locke gets to the island, he'll be a sort of Christian Shepherd/Richard Alpert sort of situation.

First, did you see evidence of his resurrection in the preview?

Second, did you ACTUALLY think he was going to stay dead? You must be deranged. At the end of season 4 when Ben said they had to take Locke back too, I KNEW he was going to come back like Jack's dad. It's totally obvious.

As he's the most interesting character in the show (and its only Emmy winner), you'd also have to be crazy to think they'd "kill him off" mid-season when they still have another one coming next year. No. Fucking. Way.

"Hoped," my good man. Really, really hoped.

And, yes, there was concrete evidence, in the preview. He's walking around on the island, saying, "Wow, I guess I came back from the dead. Didn't I justifiably kill myself, back in the States? Hm. Whatever. Time for another undeserved Emmy, bitches!" and then galloping into the shrubbery, or whatever, to practice another overwritten monologue. Huzzah.

Ben told Jack at the church that he had to go see a friend to "tie up loose eneds." I'm thinking that Ben went to see Sayid, and got beat up as a result. However, this was part of Ben's plan to get Sayid arrested and deported and thus on Ajira Flight 316.

oooooh...good point!

Regarding the Ben thing, remember he said he had to fulfill a promise to an "old friend". Clearly he was talking about telling Widmore he was going to kill his daughter. Those cuts and bruises are definitely from Desmond, Penny, Widmore's people, or some combination of those.

Thats certainly how I interpreted things.

And wasn't Ben calling from the docks, when he was all fucked up? If nobody's dead, he at least tried to make it so.

in the preview for next week's episode it looked as if Locke was being hanged in a very crucifixion-type position IIRC.........

I'm intrigued more by how Sayid was convinced.

Considering Sayid was in handcuffs and led by some sort of guard/cop/sheriff, I don't think he was convinced. I'm guessing that either he was either caught for one of his prior assassinations on behalf of Ben, or Ben set him up in some other way to get him on that plane. Or, maybe it was purely the island's doing, because the island needs him back.

Lol, Guam!

I'm going to Guam in a few weeks. It's only a thirty minute flight from where I live. How often does Guam (or anywhere out here in the Pacific) get any TV time! Maybe on my next flight to back to the states via Guam I'll be sucked into the island's vortex! :hmmm: If I manage to escape the island, I'll fill you all in on what I learn! :D

Serioulsy though, I've been forced to watch Lost on youtube because CBS doesn't recognize Saipan as part of the U.S. (though they do recognize Guam). This week they swept it pretty clean because there was only one user who had the episode up and he missed part of the episode. I don't know what happened between the time Jack was talking to his grandfather and had just found his Dad's shoes and Hurley at the counter.

How much did I miss? And what happened? Did I miss anything important? What's this about Ben calling from a dock and Penny being killed?

Back
Top Bottom