Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
800px-PhotoshopPassport.jpg

Photoshop :lol:

Was the compass one of the objects that Richard shows to young John Locke when he visits his house and asks "Which of these belong to you already?"

Her "Where do I know you from" questioning of Daniel makes me think that we might see her again...just might be in another timeline though

That was a pretty weak episode, by the way.

Certainly better than last week. :up:

It was a better episode in the sense that it focused on only two things, instead of being all over the place.

That being said, it still wasn't that great of an episode. Nothing really happened. I guess it might eventually serve us well as a connecting type of episode, but on its own, there wasn't much to it.

It was better than last week....I had my doubts for the 1st 45 minutes...but it ended well....but there sure were a LOT of commercials in tonights episode :mad::mad:

I came in here to write this show has turned to crap.

I'm on the west coast and I am at the 42 minute mark,

But, I guess I should wait for the last 15 minutes.

This episode answered a lot of questions, at least in my mind.

For one, we learned, not surprisingly, that Richard has "always" been on the island. I loved it when Locke turned to Juliette and said, "How old is he?" and she replied, "Old."

Also, we learned that Charles Widmore indeed has been on the island before, which clarifies his statement to Ben at the end of Season 4 when he said, "That island was once mine and will be again." (or something like that)

But, most interestingly, in the recap episode before tonight's show, there was a pop-up at the end that referred to Mrs. Hawking as Eloise Hawking. Now, if you recall, Faraday's mouse in 1996 was named Eloise. Could Mrs. Hawking be Faraday's Mom? I now think so, because Widmore said she was in Los Angeles, and we last saw Hawking with Ben in L.A.

That gun-toting blonde woman, the one that had Faraday at gun-point, she was referred to as "Ellie". So could Ellie = Eloise? Could she be Faraday's mother? Moreover, is it out of the realm of possibility that Widmore is Faraday's father?

My head is going to explode. :yikes:

I came in here to write this show has turned to crap.

I'm on the west coast and I am at the 42 minute mark,

But, I guess I should wait for the last 15 minutes.

My thoughts exactly...and those last 15 minutes delivered.

Nice recap BoMac.

For one, we learned, not surprisingly, that Richard has "always" been on the island. I loved it when Locke turned to Juliette and said, "How old is he?" and she replied, "Old."

Also, we learned that Charles Widmore indeed has been on the island before, which clarifies his statement to Ben at the end of Season 4 when he said, "That island was once mine and will be again." (or something like that)

But, most interestingly, in the recap episode before tonight's show, there was a pop-up at the end that referred to Mrs. Hawking as Eloise Hawking. Now, if you recall, Faraday's mouse in 1996 was named Eloise. Could Mrs. Hawking be Faraday's Mom? I now think so, because Widmore said she was in Los Angeles, and we last saw Hawking with Ben in L.A.

That gun-toting blonde woman, the one that had Faraday at gun-point, she was referred to as "Ellie". So could Ellie = Eloise? Could she be Faraday's mother? Moreover, is it out of the realm of possibility that Widmore is Faraday's father?

Ooh - I like where you're going with those thoughts. :hmm:

I'm easy to please - I thought tonight's episode was excellent. I love Desmond even more now. I had mentioned to a friend that in one of the previews a few weeks back I had seen Desmond & Penny with a baby. After last week, I assumed that my eyes had been playing tricks on me, but I was right. So sweet that they named him Charlie. :cute:

Just watched it and I was going to make just about all of these points, someone beat me to it. :angry:

:wink:

ps, great episode due to the answering of many questions and the doom of a Desmond or a Penny.

As soon as Daniel told the rifle chick she looked familiar, I totally suspected that was his mother, which lends credence to the notion that Daniel, Miles, and Charlotte were all born on the island. Also, there's no way in hell now that the Ms. Hawking who Ben was talking to is not Faraday's mother. It's totally obvious.

I also love how Alpert now visits Locke after his birth because Locke told him to. That is some serious time-travel craziness.

I don't know if I'd call this one of the all-time best episodes, but there were some awesome revelations in this one.

I thought it was a great episode. Much better than the season premiere. I think Lost is much better when it only focuses on a couple of stories at a time. I was disappointed though with Desmond's meeting with Whitmore....I thought for sure they would get into it more than they did. I like how Whitmore commented that Desmond needs to stay out of what is going on as it is bigger than he or his daughter.

Anything that focuses in on Locke makes the show for me. I find that character to be the most interesting.

I was disappointed though with Desmond's meeting with Whitmore....I thought for sure they would get into it more than they did. I like how Whitmore commented that Desmond needs to stay out of what is going on as it is bigger than he or his daughter.

You see, I loved that part. I sensed Widmore being taken aback at how forceful and commanding Desmond was. I think he accepts Desmond now. Maybe I'm totally wrong. But Desmond is pretty freaking important.

You see, I loved that part. I sensed Widmore being taken aback at how forceful and commanding Desmond was. I think he accepts Desmond now. Maybe I'm totally wrong. But Desmond is pretty freaking important.

I think that Widmore is a lot like Ben, in that he's always plotting and scheming, and has a few tricks up his sleeve. The almost deference he showed toward Des was just so out of character for him that I don't buy it. I think he's going to use this as an opportunity to track Des and Penny to LA, and then god only knows what he'll do after that.

As soon as Daniel told the rifle chick she looked familiar, I totally suspected that was his mother, which lends credence to the notion that Daniel, Miles, and Charlotte were all born on the island. Also, there's no way in hell now that the Ms. Hawking who Ben was talking to is not Faraday's mother. It's totally obvious.

I also love how Alpert now visits Locke after his birth because Locke told him to. That is some serious time-travel craziness.

I don't know if I'd call this one of the all-time best episodes, but there were some awesome revelations in this one.

Yeah, I really thought it answered more questions than any episode to date.

I really enjoy Whitmore though and it looks as if he's got his own little scheme going on....whatever that may be.

I think that Widmore is a lot like Ben, in that he's always plotting and scheming, and has a few tricks up his sleeve. The almost deference he showed toward Des was just so out of character for him that I don't buy it. I think he's going to use this as an opportunity to track Des and Penny to LA, and then god only knows what he'll do after that.

My only objection is this: Why would Widmore follow them there if he's the one who gave Desmond the address? If he needed Desmond to point him in the right direction, then wouldn't it follow that he'd want to get there before Des and therefore go ahead and not follow?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom