Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could be way off, but I think all three have died, been resurrected on the island, and now will not age.

I think you are on to something here... can't wait to see Alpert's episode in 2 weeks... it may fill in that last gap.

*Original crew member of the Black Rock :hmm: :drool: *

:wink:

We really don't know anything about Alpert, but it seems to me as if Christian and Locke are different. In the scene after the crash when it shows Locke alive on the beach, they went to great pains to show us that Locke is actually alive alive - like the way he was eating and obviously enjoying the piece of fruit - he can have physical, sensory experiences with earthly things. Everyone who is around him can see him and interact with him. Christian, on the other hand, has always seemed to me as though he's more of a spectral being, only appearing to people he wants to reveal himself to, being able to appear both on the island and to Jack when he was back in the real world. So, more dead than alive. I have no idea about Claire, we haven't seen enough of her since her disappearance for me to form an opinion either way.

The Faraday thing at the end would have been a lot cooler had he said something enigmatic, or leading. We know he's been gone a while. We also knew he was coming back because he was there in that opening to the first episode this season (still not reached chronologically). No cliffhanger there.

The one thing we did get though was a (sort of) confirmation that Faraday was probably in the Swan Station in the opening scene of the season since he is wearing a Swan Station jumpsuit.

WOW. :doh:

This would be devastating for the show, in my opinion, because with all that talk of Desmond's "specialness", I think he's one of, if not the most important pieces to the puzzle that is LOST.

WOW. :doh:

This would be devastating for the show, in my opinion, because with all that talk of Desmond's "specialness", I think he's one of, if not the most important pieces to the puzzle that is LOST.

this could turn into one of those "He said, she said" kind of things

who knows what really happened?

henry-ian-cusick-pic.jpg

looks a bit like Coach from Survivor, eh?

The complaint, obtained by E! Online, states (Plaintiff is Chelsea Stone, the document refers to Henry Ian Cusick as CUSICK):

On or about Odober 16,2007, Defendant CUSICK began to sexually harass Plaintiff. Such harassment included but not limited to the following conduct: CUSICK plaCed his hand on Plaintiff's buttocks. CUSICK then began to Caress the back of Plaintiffs body while making moaning sounds. CUSICK then placed his face on top of Plaintiff's
breasts, moving his face from side to side. CUSICK then squeezed Plaintiff's breasts with his hands. CUSICK further kissed Plaintiff on the mouth. At all times dUring the sexual harassment Plaintiff communicated to CUSICK that his sexual advances were unacceptable.

Plaintiff complained to her Immediate supervisor and 2nd assistant director, Carla Bowen.

Despite Plaintiff's complaint, no measures were taken by Defendants to limit Plaintiff's interaction with CUSICK. In fact, measures were taken to continue Plaintiff's interaction with CUSICK.

it looks more like a, "He moaned, She groaned".

Please tell me that some of you have seen the latest ad for this week's LOST. Hilarious.

The promo voice-over guy says "TELEVISION'S GREATEST SHOW has finally reached its 100th episode!"

Television's greatest show. Like it's a fact. Which it is. That's balls. I love it.

I don't know if it's THE best, but I'd certainly rank it right up there among my all time favourites, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Buffy and Gilmore Girls. But then, I'm shit at ranking things, anyway. I'm more apt to place things I like in tiers, and then the spots within those tiers are pretty much interchangeable. Lost is definitely top tier for me.

Widmore was an other, not Dharma.

You're right. Basically, then, I think Dharma is out of the picture as a force on the present day island. You've got disgruntled Widmore of the Others feuding with Ben of the Others, with the "True" Others like Alpert looking on and biding their time.

Do you guys see anyone that would be representing Dharma now?

That's too bad.

Interesting side note: Did you know that Henry Ian Cusick played Jesus in the The Gospel of John? I have the DVDs and it's a bit disconcerting to be looking at Jesus and to keep thinking, "that's Desmond." I keep waiting for him to say "See you in another life, brother."

Interesting side note: Did you know that Henry Ian Cusick played Jesus in the The Gospel of John? I have the DVDs and it's a bit disconcerting to be looking at Jesus and to keep thinking, "that's Desmond." I keep waiting for him to say "See you in another life, brother."

:lmao:

VP I like how you think.
:up:

great episode, it just bother's me that it appeared he went into the camp trying to get himself killed, not exactly the smart thing to do, to point the gun at their leader with a bunch of others around him, Faraday was definitely one of my favorites

Excellent episode tonight!

PS....watch Jimmy Kimmel tonight...it looks hilarious with the Lost actors:D

Not who I was expecting to kick the bucket, that's for sure. So long, Twitchy. :(

I think I'm going to need to watch this episode again, now that we know he dies.

So fucking predictable. Like Faraday would have been that reckless with the gun in the middle of the hostiles' camp.

Lazy writing, and a shame considering this was one of the season's best episodes.

Looks like Jack's gonna try and be a hero again.

Shame about Daniel, but I have a question: We knew his mother was Eloise, and quite British, we speculated (and were correct) that Chuckles Widmore was his father and quite British. So why does (did) Danny-boy not speak with a British accent? From the flashbacks, he was clearly raised by his mother, shouldn't he have spoken as she did?

He was likely raised in the states. Eloise lived in California when the Oceanic 6 saw her.

So fucking predictable. Like Faraday would have been that reckless with the gun in the middle of the hostiles' camp.

Lazy writing, and a shame considering this was one of the season's best episodes.

I have a sneaking suspicion he knew exactly what he was doing. He was testing his destiny. He did say as he lay dying he said, "You knew. You always knew. You knew this was gonna happen. You sent me here anyway."

It's clear that Eloise didn't know what he was, so maybe now that he's told her, the chain of events will change, i.e., she won't send him back to the past in the future. We've just been told that they are all the variables, which really bothered me. I spent all this time coming up with theories and now the rules of the game change? :tsk:

It's clear that Eloise didn't know what he was, so maybe now that he's told her, the chain of events will change, i.e., she won't send him back to the past in the future. We've just been told that they are all the variables, which really bothered me. I spent all this time coming up with theories and now the rules of the game change? :tsk:

No. In the conversation between Hawking and Widmore outside the hospital, she says something to the effect of, "Don't tell me about sacrifice. I sent him back to that island knowing..."

So she clearly knew what was going to happen, hence Faraday's last words. Speculation is that she did so so that the "picture in a box" doesn't change and that whatever happened, happened.

Whatever. I still don't like it, but I suppose we'll see how this plays out.

Back
Top Bottom