Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Young Ben to get Sayid out

That's my assumption.

Poor Sayid can't even get laid without some chick wanting to kill or entrap him. :(

That kid who is playing young Ben is awesome. All of his scenes were just heartbreaking tonight. And Naveen wasn't too shabby, either.

I'm leaning about 90% that Ben isn't dead. And if he is, they're obviously going to do some sort of magical or time freakiness-related resurrection.

Sawyer: “Three years, no burning buses. Y’all are back for one day...” Ha! Awesome.

the show has gotten a lot better

a few weeks back I complained about the plain ride back to the island

well, the last two episodes they have given us a lot more information

Holy shitballs. I didn't see that coming. No way Ben is dead, though. But still, that was hardcore. That whole episode was hardcore. Baby Sayid breaking chicken's necks. Adult Sayid with extra long hair gunning people down with silenced automatic pistols and tryin to get his sex on with random chicks from the bar. Good shit.

"A 12 year old Ben Linus gave me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I feel?"

Wow, I just remembered that I've been going around for the last year or so telling all of my LOST watching friends that my prediction is that Sayid will kill Linus in the Series Finale.

I was off by more than a full season, and Linus probably isn't dead, but still pretty close, right? I'm going to be bragging about that all weekend.

I don't think Ben's making it past the end of this season, either. Who does it is another question. Sure would be cooler if it was Richard Alpert, though.

So, if younger Ben is truly dead now, how can older Ben still exist?

This is messing with the space time continuum, I tell you. We need Dr. Emmett Brown to explain all of this to us.

340x.jpg

Young Ben will survive, and its been foreshadowed...
When old Ben shoots Locke, the bullet passes right through where his kidney would have been had it not been removed...flash to last night, Sayid shoots young Ben right in the chest, where his heart would have been, had he been born with one. Bullet passes right through the heartless bastard.

Of course, that was one reality. How are we to know if the events that occurred last night have changed that reality?

Because, the writers didn't spend the last half-season using Daniel Faraday to explain the concept of "whatever happened, happened" only to move away from that.

In my mind - according to the Lost rules of time travel - Hurley, Kate, Sawyer, Jack and co. were always part of the Dharma Initiative, as evidenced by that 1977 photo that Christian showed Sun and Lapidus. Ergo, Sayid always shot Ben, but not fatally. Ben dying would create a paradox, which means that he'll "survive", whatever that means on the Island.

I really have to lol at trained killer, ultra-merc, "Yes, I was born to kill and only to kill" Sayid shooting a kid in no more than a possibly fatal spot, not checking to see that he's dead, never putting any extra bullets into him, knowing full well that he's on, uh, the island, and then bounding off into the jungle. That, my friends, was lazy, borderline-Special Olympics bowling score writing. Exciting, sure. Enjoyable, certainly. But ridiculous and dumb.

Another Star Wars moment. Q: Why didn't Sayid check on Ben, even though not doing so invalidates more than four years of character development? A: Because Ben has to live, and nobody knew how else to write it. Damn it.

I didn't expect to enjoy "proper" flashbacks so much, but I did. Felt like stepping into an old, comfortable shoe. Not bad. I obviously didn't enjoy the nitty-gritty writing of this one (don't get me started on the Sawyer-Sayid talks or the painfully overacted stuff between the Linuses Sr. and Jr., ugh), but I still thought the flow worked well. I also thought that the little moment between Juliet and Sawyer came across as honest and heartfelt. Made them seem a lot more genuine, as a couple. Their relationship now has a bit more on-screen, rather than just dictated, integrity. Good, economical plotting.

Well, I think Sayid went a bit off his rocker. He may be a trained killer and all, but we've also seen him develop relationships and we know he has human feelings, so as much as his logical mind told him he needed to shoot little Ben, his emotional mind screwed up the job. Sayid is all about the greater good, but it doesn't mean he likes it.

Young Ben will survive, and its been foreshadowed...
When old Ben shoots Locke, the bullet passes right through where his kidney would have been had it not been removed...flash to last night, Sayid shoots young Ben right in the chest, where his heart would have been, had he been born with one. Bullet passes right through the heartless bastard.

This is an interesting theory and could actually be backed up by a single line of dialogue spoken at the end of The Shape of Things to Come.

I thought of it right away after reading your post.

During the confrontation Widmore says, "I know who you are, boy. What you are."

Holy shitballs. I didn't see that coming. No way Ben is dead, though. But still, that was hardcore. That whole episode was hardcore. Baby Sayid breaking chicken's necks. Adult Sayid with extra long hair gunning people down with silenced automatic pistols and tryin to get his sex on with random chicks from the bar. Good shit.

"A 12 year old Ben Linus gave me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I feel?"

:lol:

Anybody else reckon that "the incident" might involve them accidentally digging up Jughead, that bomb? Might that be what's buried and making shit all screwy? Just a thought.

Just seems unlikely that they'd go through the trouble of introducing the thing, referring to it as the season goes on, and then never doing anything else with it. If not this, what? How might it factor into things?

Anybody else reckon that "the incident" might involve them accidentally digging up Jughead, that bomb? Might that be what's buried and making shit all screwy? Just a thought.

Just seems unlikely that they'd go through the trouble of introducing the thing, referring to it as the season goes on, and then never doing anything else with it. If not this, what? How might it factor into things?

I'm sure it comes into play again, and Hurley will pull out a manual for disarming it from the future.

LMFAO!!!! I just saw a commercial for some sort of Hot Pockets-style snack from Tyson Chicken...co-starring WAAAAAAAAAAALT! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

never was a fan of Kate's flashbacks but at least it explained why she decided to come back to the island, which to me felt like closure to her character....just sayin'

next one looks like it's going to be great

never was a fan of Kate's flashbacks but at least it explained why she decided to come back to the island, which to me felt like closure to her character....just sayin'

next one looks like it's going to be great

I also got a kick out of Kate saying that she came back to find Claire. That's a hell of a good reason. Claire is the best. SAVE CLAIRE!

And, yeah, next week looks like it will be Linus-centric and awesome.

"What is about to come out of that jungle is something I can't control..."

Back
Top Bottom