Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a simple and honest question for people like Lance, Deep, IYS: Have you ever spent a long time chasing a woman that you found utterly beautiful and compelling? Did you ever experience the sheer bliss of finally landing her, spending a crazy, passionate night with her? And then did you spend the entire next day alone in the dark thinking to yourself, "Golly, I really thought her breasts would have been perkier and her quim just a little bit tighter?"

Cause that's my general impression of you. FFS relax and enjoy a little bit.

I enjoyed it real good. I just didn't think that it was perfect. I have done that woman-related shit, though. Minus the next-day nitpicking. Nights to remember, those.

How many perfect shows are there? I'm not really aware of any. People after perfection wouldn't be looking at a tv show for it, surely.

Here is a simple and honest question for people like Lance, Deep, IYS: Have you ever spent a long time chasing a woman that you found utterly beautiful and compelling? Did you ever experience the sheer bliss of finally landing her, spending a crazy, passionate night with her? And then did you spend the entire next day alone in the dark thinking to yourself, "Golly, I really thought her breasts would have been perkier and her quim just a little bit tighter?"

Cause that's my general impression of you. FFS relax and enjoy a little bit.

Lance is afraid of girls, Chief.

How many perfect shows are there? I'm not really aware of any. People after perfection wouldn't be looking at a tv show for it, surely.

BBC Two's The Office was perfect, as far as I saw it. It was a TV show. Woop woop.

I thought that the last few episodes of Lost's first season and the first few of the second were pretty damn perfect, as well. I don't think that I'd ever been so completely engrossed in a show, before. Ever. I certainly haven't been, since.

The closest to perfection I've seen from TV would be The Wire. Maybe Arrested Development, though, Season three sort of ruins that, so maybe not. The BBC Office is pretty fucking close, agreed.

I for one, never asked for perfection.

There are many shows that are popular that are not perfect or even close.
After watching a few episodes, I just tune them out.

But there are show that start out with a strong first season that I do watch.
So I am invested, if that is the right word. When these shows take a serious turn for the worse with crappy writing and other bad choices a message board seems like the place one would write about voice opinions and critiques.

As for shows that maintained consistency throughout their run.

I would put Six Feet Under towards the top of the list, along with The Wire, Deadwood, Brotherhood, Huff was pretty consistent, too.

It struck me the other night, while watching the last episode, just how much Linus resembles Hitler. Honestly, if his hair was slicked down and he had the mo' it would be even more uncanny. I'm begining to wish I didn't think it, as now I cannot stop thinking Hitler every time I see or think of Lost.

And who the fuzz is Melissa, anyway? I don't give a shit about her side of the story, and I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't.

WHAT DO THEY MEAN IT'S NOT ON NEXT WEEK? :scream:

Anyway, I found tonight really, really compelling. It had the vibe of an old school flashback, and a really good one at that. I didn't even mind that Sawyer ended up with Juliet. They have wicked chemistry. I've always hoped they would keep them as friends, but tonight's turn of events seemed...logical.

Did anyone else think that Amy's baby was going to turn out to be a player from the modern day island? I was kind of surprised they didn't go there.

Sawyer looked especially cute in those homey scenes with Juliet - his face was relaxed for the first time and his sweetness came through. I know he's supposed to be hot and all but I never thought so until tonight.

Yes, Vintage, I kept waiting to hear that baby's name.

So he can be all tortured again, lol.

Tortured Sawyer is certainly more interesting but relaxed/bland Sawyer is cuter.

It's gonna be great when Sawyer dumps Juliet's sorry ass and goes runnin back to Kate Freckles.

Awww. :( I know she's not well liked in the fandom, but I've always liked Juliet.

joyful, I agree, Sawyer's done very little for me throughout the series - actually, none of the guys have, other than the fleeting "yeah, I guess he's kinda hot" - but Sawyer's been growing on me this season. Maybe it's the whole stepping up and taking leadership thing.

Crap, just remembered. Yeah, Sayid's been teh sex from the beginning.

What the fuck happened to Bernard and Rose, anyway? Have Sawyer and the gang ever even asked that question? Or do they assume that they were killed in the flaming arrow attack? The longer they're not there, the more likely they'll be revealed to be Adam and Eve.

a much better episode this week

so locke is dead (or in a parallel universe) ?

and they are stuck in 1977

Sawyer
"your buddy with the eyeliner,
i'm goin out to talk with him."

is it weird that this has been one of my favorite episodes?? can't wait for the next episode two bad it's gonna be 2 weeks from now!

Great episode this week. I feel like things are getting back on track now.

I'm going to guess we'll see something Star Wars related at some point.

lol

is it weird that this has been one of my favorite episodes?? can't wait for the next episode two bad it's gonna be 2 weeks from now!

I agree, this was one of their best episodes.

a much better episode this week

and they are stuck in 1977

This was confusing me at first. But what I realized is that we don't know for sure where Ben and Locke are, other than the Hydra station/satellite island.

It's certainly possible they're also in 1977, but just not near the rest of the gang. Same with Sayid, who hasn't shown up yet, either.

I like how the island people have lived through three years, just the same as the Oceanic six. Makes the whole thing more epic.

It looks like we're moving closer and closer to the first scene this season, where Faraday is in the Dharma uniform where they have that drilling fiasco. My guess is that they will eventually all be working towards getting back to the present day, and that wheel is the answer. Unfortunately, it hasn't been discovered yet by Dharma, and I think that Faraday scene is where it's going to happen, probably in the Season Finale.

This was confusing me at first. But what I realized is that we don't know for sure where Ben and Locke are, other than the Hydra station/satellite island.

It's certainly possible they're also in 1977, but just not near the rest of the gang. Same with Sayid, who hasn't shown up yet, either.

I like how the island people have lived through three years, just the same as the Oceanic six. Makes the whole thing more epic.

It looks like we're moving closer and closer to the first scene this season, where Faraday is in the Dharma uniform where they have that drilling fiasco. My guess is that they will eventually all be working towards getting back to the present day, and that wheel is the answer. Unfortunately, it hasn't been discovered yet by Dharma, and I think that Faraday scene is where it's going to happen, probably in the Season Finale.

Buttmeat.

Here's one theory from Entertainment Weekly:

But here's the thing about New Locke: He has no soul. And herein lies the secret to the great saga of Lost. You see, John Locke's body, in any form, has NEVER had a soul. His life is the story of adulterated destiny — and radical course correction. Remember: Locke was born three months prematurely after a car struck his pregnant teenage mother. We never saw the driver. Locke grew up nagged by a feeling that he was meant for a different kind of life. And he was: We now know that the Island has been trying to bring him to its shores since he was a wee lad. My theory is this: Somebody went back in time to kill Locke's mom in order to prevent Locke's birth. It didn't work — but the would-be murderer (Ben? Widmore? Ms. Hawking?) did succeed in making a mess of Locke's predestined life. Locke's eternal soul was displaced from its body — and it went to the Island, where it's been waiting for reunification. And my guess is that this great, redemptive moment will occur...in the final five minutes of the last episode of Lost.

Not sure if I agree with it but anything's possible, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom