Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey where'd my post from earlier this evening go? huh... anyways... The part where Russo's boyfriend/husband(?) raised the gun on her was creepy. I know we knew the story but still interesting watching it.

It was interesting to see the "reality" of Rousseau's expedition dying. At first I was thinking, okay so they didn't die of some disease, they all got killed by the smoke monster. But what we were shown still had some missing pieces. Why was her BabyDaddy trying to kill her? Was it self defense? Had she already gone crazy from what she had witnessed?

The scene with Locke going down the rope was HARDCORE.

Compound fractures FTW.

I thought it was a decent episode, with better pacing than the previous few. Yeah, the ending was disappointing. We all knew that was happening. It would have been better if she had said something surprising that would have thrown us off somehow, but whatever.

I'm just glad that this portion of the show is coming to an end soon. I'm ready to move on to what's next.

While I enjoyed many aspects of the show last night the thought that has stayed with me is, "Juliette should wear only a tank top more often."

293.mitchell.lost.022908.jpg

Not really a fan of Juliet. In fact, I kind of hate her, and love the scene where Jack knocks her out when she goes into his cell in Season 3.

Agreed with GAF. She's probably the cast member I'm least attracted to, and that may even include Rousseau. Prob not Faraday's mom, though.

That was definitely a great scene. I love it when Ben gets all bug-eyed and creepy like that!

Overall it was a pretty good episode. I laughed when they had the "dun dun dun" type music at the end - I was expecting something shocking to happen to Mrs. Hawking or something, but oh well.

As Charlotte was dying, I was wondering about her past on the island. One thought that came to mind was that maybe she was young Ben's little friend. She's probably not the right age, though, and I can't remember what coloured hair the little girl had. I also wondered if Mrs. Hawking might be her mom, and Widmore her dad, maybe. Not sure where I got those thoughts...

See, the whole thing is, Ben is a weasel and an asshat, and manipulative and all that, but like I said recently, at this point in time, if I had to guess whose motives were most pure as far as really caring about the island, it would be him and not Widmore or Dharma.

But if we're to take what Christian said last night at face value, Ben is lying, and obviously hurt the island by turning the wheel, rather than helping it. Of course, Christian may have been lying, too.

That's what I love about this show, the ambiguity between heroes and villains, and that you're never certain which is which, or if each is a little of both.

But if we're to take what Christian said last night at face value, Ben is lying, and obviously hurt the island by turning the wheel, rather than helping it. Of course, Christian may have been lying, too.

It's interesting to note that if what he told Locke was true then the island wanted to be rid of John Locke, not Ben, since turning the wheel means you have to leave the island. Of course, Ben could have lied about that as well since clearly, he has plans to go back to the island.

It was a great scene anyway and I liked how his descent into the well mirrored him going down into the hatch.

I thought this was the best show of the season so far. Pacing is getting better, story is seeming to be a little more defined and I really enjoy watching how the characters are reacting to their new circumstances.

Next week should be a treat.

I'm sorry, I just don't get the Christain Shepherd thing? anyone care to throw some theories my way? I mean, he died in australia right? was his body on the crashed plane and now is back to life again? I just wonder how it is he supposedly knows so much about the island...he had never been there , right?:huh:

As Charlotte was dying, I was wondering about her past on the island. One thought that came to mind was that maybe she was young Ben's little friend. She's probably not the right age, though, and I can't remember what coloured hair the little girl had. I also wondered if Mrs. Hawking might be her mom, and Widmore her dad, maybe. Not sure where I got those thoughts...

Ben's friend's name was Annie...though that could have been changed of course. But if she were Annie, why would Ben shoot her last season?

If Charlotte is a Widmore/Hawking offspring, then Daniel's love for her would be incestuous, they'd never go there...coughBooneShannoncough.:wink:

Where the hell is Walt, during all of this? Shouldn't his dumb ass be having to go back, too? I mean, even if only for narrative closure? I feel like you can't just spend the better part of the first two seasons building him up to be some all-important superhuman and then...relegate him to a couple of moments-long cameos, from there on out? The whole age progression issue is no longer a factor, so what the shit?

I'm pretty sure I read he was back this season at some point, I think we'll most likely be seeing him when Locke comes back to the "real world".

His absence is strange, though.

And by mentioning Walt, you know I'm obligated to do this again:

http://www.waaalt.com/

Where the hell is Walt, during all of this? Shouldn't his dumb ass be having to go back, too? I mean, even if only for narrative closure? I feel like you can't just spend the better part of the first two seasons building him up to be some all-important superhuman and then...relegate him to a couple of moments-long cameos, from there on out? The whole age progression issue is no longer a factor, so what the shit?

GREAT point!

and no one has any input on my Christian Shepherd dilema?

^hmmm...I'll have a go.

Locke as we know in the current time line is in a coffin in LA and on ice. This seems to imply that he will go back to the Island and become alive again. If I remember correctly, Ben has hinted towards this as well.

Perhaps Jack's dad was also dead but when he got back to the Island he became alive again. And if he is, then he's using himself as an astral projection so Locke can see him. I don't think he was physically in the well and him saying he couldn't help Locke up strenghthens that theory.

Or he's dead, and he's projecting himself from there. Or someone else is using his image and projecting it.

That's all I can muster right now.:huh:

Ben's friend's name was Annie...though that could have been changed of course. But if she were Annie, why would Ben shoot her last season?

Ahh, forgot her name was Annie. :lol: Well, that's that theory debunked! :D

If Charlotte is a Widmore/Hawking offspring, then Daniel's love for her would be incestuous, they'd never go there...coughBooneShannoncough.:wink:

True. But maybe he was just saying he loved her, in the hopes that he would be her constant, and she'd find her way back? I dunno. :)

^.

Perhaps Jack's dad was also dead but when he got back to the Island he became alive again. And if he is, then he's using himself as an astral projection so Locke can see him. I don't think he was physically in the well and him saying he couldn't help Locke up strenghthens that theory.

I agree somewhat with this...he could not help Locke, because he wasn't physically there....I also suggested to a friend that maybe Jeremy is channeling through Christian shephered's body...but I have no idea why that would be:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom