Lindsay Lohan busted for DUI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may have been watching the TMZ stream today for a bit. :reject: The part where she starts crying I really did feel bad, but I'm hoping that this is the shock she needs to get help. I feel for her mainly because I think she'd have been better off raised by wolves than the horrid parents she had. Her sister is going to be an even bigger trainwreck.

Disproportionate sentence for a victimless crime.

This wasn't for possession, it was for DUI, which to me isn't victimless as she put everyone around her in danger.

No-one in their right mind would defend drink driving, but technically, in this instance it was victimless, as, in fact, no-one got hurt. I still maintain 90 days in jail is quite harsh for not attending a few meetings.

GWB and Dick Cheney both have DUI's on their record and never did jail time.

No-one in their right mind would defend drink driving, but technically, in this instance it was victimless, as, in fact, no-one got hurt. I still maintain 90 days in jail is quite harsh for not attending a few meetings.

GWB and Dick Cheney both have DUI's on their record and never did jail time.

Well, Lindsay has had multiple DUI's and has had multiple instances of violating the terms of her probation. Trust me the courts are not lenient when it comes to violating probation.

DUI's should be dealt with harshly because the general public is in danger, possession shouldn't be a crime because there is really no victim.

She's had multiple DUIs and only got probation? And she's doing jail time for violating probation and not having multiple DUIs?

picardhk5.jpg

bhlgd0.gif

Andy Roddick's Tweet: how is lindsay lohan ever gonna find a good woman when she is jail? wait....... this might just work out

Douchebag. :|

After her jail time she will have to do more rehab time. Hope she learns a lesson this time or soon she will be dead in a gutter somewhere. Oh wait, she kind of looks like she lives in the gutter. It was so pathetic seeing her crying on her lawyer's shoulder in court on TV. She has gotten away with too much for too long. It's time she gets some real tough love and hopefully gets the message and cleans herself up.

It's the same lawyer who got lenient punishment for her in prior cases.

I get that
but what kind of attorney can't get it through the client's head that if they don't follow the judge's order's they go to jail

some attorneys quit when they believe their client is out of control,

you may recall one of O Js attorney quit, early on.
that may have got him focused enough for his dream team to get him off. (first trial)

I get that
but what kind of attorney can't get it through the client's head that if they don't follow the judge's order's they go to jail

some attorneys quit when they believe their client is out of control,

you may recall one of O Js attorney quit, early on.
that may have got him focused enough for his dream team to get him off. (first trial)

She is one of OJ's lawyers, her name is Shawn Chapman. She worked for Johnnie Cochran and was in court for that whole trial.

It's the same lawyer who got lenient punishment for her in prior cases.

Actually, no. Blair Berk was her attorney for those cases. She handles a lot of celebrity DUI's and is very good at what she does. And I wouldn't really say what Lindsey got originally was lenient. It was pretty much on track for misdemeanor DUI in LA County, even the second offense. She got what most (non celebrity) people would get, suspended license, alcohol classes and probation.

Actually, no. Blair Berk was her attorney for those cases. She handles a lot of celebrity DUI's and is very good at what she does. And I wouldn't really say what Lindsey got originally was lenient. It was pretty much on track for misdemeanor DUI in LA County, even the second offense. She got what most (non celebrity) people would get, suspended license, alcohol classes and probation.

Maybe for the 2007 cases. I think the recent stuff (for over a year) has been Chapman.

From March 2009:
Lindsay Lohan’s Attorney is a Sista | Sandra Rose

Maybe for the 2007 cases. I think the recent stuff (for over a year) has been Chapman.

From March 2009:
Lindsay Lohan’s Attorney is a Sista | Sandra Rose

Chapman has been with her for all the recent stuff, yes, but Berk is the one who represented her for the 2 DUI cases and worked out the original deals with the court. She should have stuck with Berk, but my guess is she probably withdrew when Lindsey continued to party her ass off and couldn't manage once a week classes.

Back
Top Bottom