Lindsay Lohan busted for DUI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
absintheminded said:

Look at Drew Barrymore, that girl had gone off the deep end completely and she's recovered.

There's still hope.

I was thinking about that the other day. Drew's problems weren't quite as highly publicized but she was a trainwreck in much the same way and managed to turn things around.

Drew disappeared for several years to get her act together. I just don't think Lindsay is capable of doing that. She craves the spotlight too much. She admits to calling the paparazzi ahead of time to let them know where she's gonna be. She's addicted to being famous. I think it will be much harder for her to get help.

ultravioletluvv said:
Drew disappeared for several years to get her act together. I just don't think Lindsay is capable of doing that. She craves the spotlight too much. She admits to calling the paparazzi ahead of time to let them know where she's gonna be. She's addicted to being famous. I think it will be much harder for her to get help.

True and Drew had someone (Spielberg) who actually cared about her. Still it's not hopeless.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columnists/howard_gensler/7878271.html

WHILE WORD is filtering through the TMZ.com grapevine about Paris Hilton's life behind bars - it's cold, uncomfortable, the blankets are threadbare, the beds are hard and the food is lousy - the Star is reporting on Lindsay Lohan's first few days in rehab.

The paper says that when Lindsay arrived on May 28, she was in such bad shape that the Promises staff prepared for the worst.

"She looked dead," says a Star source. "She looked like a stray dog the pound had just taken in."

Insiders allegedly tell the Star that Lindsay's first four days were spent in detox, ridding her body of alcohol, cocaine, Percocet, Vicodin and other meds.

"She said she felt bad - really bad," says the source. But she's gone through rehab before and she said she'd be OK if she were left alone to lie down in a dark room. She apparently was a veteran who knew the drill and was 'used to doing it her own way.' "

The source says Lindsay got the "sweats" during the detox process - how could she not? - and asked only for water and crackers.

Since detox, food still has not been a priority, but Lindsay reportedly is drinking lots of coffee, sweetened with about 25 packs of Splenda.

Said a Star source: "It's typical for someone coming off cocaine, even alcohol, to load up on sweets. I've heard this can happen with almost any patient. Sugar gives you a high."

Yeah, but Splenda isn't sugar. And if it's giving her a high, why is Promises letting her ingest 25 packs at a time? We're trying to cure those addictions aren't we, not just substitute them.

Even though cell phones and BlackBerrys are not allowed in the $1,600/day Malibu facility, a Star source says Lindsay managed to get a BlackBerry in and has been pleading with "friends" to bring her just what she doesn't need - sleeping pills.

"She's in rehab because of her addiction to drugs - everything from cocaine to OxyContin and Ambien - but she's complaining she can't sleep," a "close friend" said. "She's been texting friends 24/7, begging them for pills!"

These Star sources also say that one of Lindsay's biggest concerns remains her 21st-birthday bash in Las Vegas on July 2.

Another bad sign: Lindsay is reportedly allowed off the Promises premises to attend addiction-group meetings. (You would think at a treatment center, they could muster together an addiction-group meeting.)

A good sign: Lindsay won't allow her parents to visit her.

Lastly, Lindsay has also reportedly hired a sobriety coach to be with her around the clock.

The coach's fee? $2,000 a day.

For $2,000 a day, we'll keep her sober.

* Finally, someone is listening to Tattle.

We've mentioned previously that the person Lindsay should try to learn from is unhappy-rehabber-turned-happy-mogul Drew Barrymore, and OK! magazine reports that Drew has reached out to Lindsay and offered her the opportunity to live with her after her stint at Promises.

Lindsay's head is STILL not in the right place. WTF is she doing planning at 21st birthday?

Dude, she's lucky to even see her 21st birthday. Cocaine? Alcohol? Percocet? Hello! Those are three very incompatible substances which could kill her the first time or any time she uses them together!

She has totally wrecked her train!

Ugh...

http://www.celebwarship.com/wp/?p=3014

According to Celebrity Babylon, those wacky “knife play” photos of Lindsay Lohan and Vanessa Minnillo were stolen by the paparazzi out of Lindsay’s car.

Lindsay was reportedly having lunch at the Ivy when some ass nicked her camera out of the back of her Mercedes. Because he was a gentleman, he quickly downloaded the photos, and put the camera back into her car.

“Those photos were stolen by a paparazzi when Lindsay went to The Ivy for lunch,” says our snitch, who worked, until very recently, for the agency distributing and profiting from the stolen photos, X17. The insider tells Celebrity Babylon EXCLUSIVELY, “[The photog] waited until the valet parked her car [the infamous Mercedes convertible] and then reached inside, took her camera that was just laying on the seat, downloaded the photos on to his laptop hard drive, and put the camera back. By the time the valet brought Lindsay’s car around, everything was just the way it was when she got out, and she had no clue what had happened.” With all of the controversy going around Lindsay’s trip back to rehab, her friends and family selling her out, it was the perfect time to release the shocking and old photos into the marketplace. “She has so many troubles, what’s she going to do, sue? It’s like kicking someone when they’re down — way down.”

Well, thank God I’m not a celebrity: all of my knife play photos are safely tucked away in the backseat of my car too, and I would hate if they were made public.

U2Girl1978 said:
We've mentioned previously that the person Lindsay should try to learn from is unhappy-rehabber-turned-happy-mogul Drew Barrymore, and OK! magazine reports that Drew has reached out to Lindsay and offered her the opportunity to live with her after her stint at Promises.

:hmm: I smell a reality show...

U2Girl1978 said:
Well, thank God I’m not a celebrity: all of my knife play photos are safely tucked away in the backseat of my car too, and I would hate if they were made public.

:lol:

So, Linsday spends 45 days in rehab and apparently she has been arrested AGAIN this morning for being involved in some kind of car chase :huh: They apparently found cocaine on her and her BAC was between .12 and .13. When will these people ever learn??

There's a few tidbits on Perez.

http://perezhilton.com/?cat=15

I just read about this. I am not in the least bit surprised. That girl is seriously messed up. When she went into rehab, I figured it was just to try to avoid jail time and to look like she was taking responsibilty, so that the judge would go easy on her for the DUI charges. But now, she's screwed it all up. With these latest charges, I think it's looking like jail time for her.

Oh, and her mugshot... not helping her get rid of the "coke whore" image.

Part of me wants to make a joke, but I do feel badly for her. Celebrity or not, to be barely 21 and to be having this many substance abuse problems is really pretty sad.

I don't feel bad for her. You know what this is getting ridiculous. They should send her for a few years and I hope she does not get another job making a film.

I have zero sympathy for her. She's had all the opportunities in the world to get her act together. She was chasing another car, under the influence of alcohol and cocaine! WTF was she thinking? She could have killed somebody. She needs to be taken off the streets. Jail is probably the only thing that will sober her up at this point, because living at the finest rehab facility for 45 days obviously didn't work.

I still cant get over how ridiculous her life choices are, she cant be that stupid, and she can't believe she could just walk away from all of it either.

she is one troubled young girl.

someone should really be putting her in a blue collar rehab rather than these day spas they all seem go to on a whim only to leave in a day - noone can really think that they can be cured in a day and if they do, then they really are stupid. Yes I know this time around she stayed longer, but apparently not near long enough - and what heppened to the ankle bracelet anyway - noone is mentioning that at all.

all I can do is shake my head, and thankd god I dont have a child like that to deal with.

She needs a labatomie, so she sits at home drooling, never to harm us with her antics or bad movies.

lucky charms said:
and what heppened to the ankle bracelet anyway - noone is mentioning that at all.

The ankle bracelet was completely voluntary and most likely for show. She wasn't required by the court to wear it but I'm sure it was suggested by her people to make it look like she was taking her rehab seriously.

And honestly, if there are no consequences to wearing the bracelet, why bother? Who is the company going to report her to if she drinks? The $45k a month luxury hotel, err rehab center that would gladly take her back as long as she can keep paying?

didnt realize it was a voluntary thing - liitle naive me thought someone actually might hold her accountable aka, house arrest ankle bracelet type deal...silly me, ok you can smack me now.

totally agree about the spa facilities these people call so called rehab centres..just slap her ass down where she really belongs

This is ridiculous, why was she allowed to drive after the first offence in May? She should have been barred and now that it's happened again after only 2 months! She should have jail time and have her licence suspended for 5 years. In the USA see - Administrative License Suspension (ALS).

In Canada you would see a 1 year licence suspension or jail time on the first offence and a 2 year suspension and 14 days in jail on the second offence.

She is a menace to the road and people are dying everyday because of these careless scumbags. And to rub salt in it, this slag has unlimited resources to hire someone to drive her around to her piss-up spots. She needs to be flogged.

Oh, Lindsay.

I don't feel a lot of sympathy for her, but frustration as a pop culture fan. I think she's very talented and would love to see her grow as an actress.

But damn girl. Get your shit together. :|

Back
Top Bottom