Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually like seeing him on SNL and as a guest on Conan- I thought he was pretty funny. But I don't like the new show. I think he's trying too hard to be like Conan, acting silly and whatnot, which I love when Conan does, but this I don't find amusing, especially that dumb bowling move he does. Plus, his monologue jokes just aren't that funny. The crowd barely chuckles.

Granted, all I've seen of the show is the opening monologue of about 7 episodes.

I think its a little early to judge Jimmy. For the first few weeks or months even, Conan was not really considered funny. and NBC was basically extending him practically on a monthly basis. SO I hope Jimmy will come around and turn the show into something that people want to tune into.

That being said, Conan, in my opinion, is much more talented that Jimmy. He was an excellent writer before he ever got the show and that came through in comedy bits and even ad lib situations.

I've seen Jimmy with the "deer frozen in headlights" look quite a few times over the last few weeks.

And the writing for Jimmy's show is sub par so far. hopefully they will kick it up a notch soon.

Being a Jimmy Fallon fan I'm gonna say I prefer him on SNL to hosting the Late Show. That said, I will give him more time to hopefully relax, he seems too nervous and tensed up. The Roots are great and the comedy skits are fun. I :heart: "Lick it for $10"!! It's funny when Jimmy has his good friends on the show otherwise the interviews aren't as kick back and entertaining. Hope he make it for the long haul.

Lenny Kravitz is on the show tonight and he commented during the monologue that he met up with Bono in Manhattan for lunch and that Bono says hi to Jimmy. Then Jimmy did a quick spoof of Bono quipping how he would like his Whopper served.

it was hilarious at the time

:lol:

so the band are still in NYC eh?

What a colossally awful idea to give him a show. He's one of the most consistently mocked members of SNL ever, due to his inability to keep himself from laughing in any skit he was ever in.

I don't think he's ever made me laugh once. He's awful.

well, it was a fairly out of the blue spoof of Bono, and funny

and to clarify, it was Lenny who mentioned he met with Bono this afternoon for lunch (that sparked the off-the-cuff spoof).

Good things about Fallon's show: The Roots, a usually solid lineup of guests

Bad things about Fallon's show: Everything else

What a colossally awful idea to give him a show. He's one of the most consistently mocked members of SNL ever, due to his inability to keep himself from laughing in any skit he was ever in.

The Barry Gibb Show, and that's it.

I liked Jimmy Fallon on SNL. But yeah, that always used to annoy me that he couldn't stop laughing. In the Best of Will Ferrell DVD's, there are at least 3 or 4 skits with Jimmy Fallon in them. In each one, he's laughing hysterically. It annoys me to no end.

I :heart: the Roots and Jimmy's the only one who hosted the Mighty Boosh's Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding when they were in the US. That twat Chelsea Handler ripped them up on her show but she's a bitch anyway and can't help herself.

Back
Top Bottom