Late Night w/David Letterman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monday, July 13
Jonah Hill (Funny People)
Batting Stances Guy, Gar Ryness
Kelly Clarkson (CD, "All I Ever Wanted")

Tuesday, July 14
Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie)
Michael Showalter (Michael and Michael Have Issues)
Wilco with Feist (CD, "Wilco (The Album)")

Wednesday, July 15
Paul McCartney

Thursday, July 16
Anderson Cooper (CNN's AC360)
Anna Paquin (True Blood)
Grizzly Bear (CD, "Veckatimest")

Friday, July 17
Tom Arnold
Comedian Tommy Johnagin
Metric (CD, "Fantasies")

I thought Paul looked and sounded great last night...he was very witty with Dave and it was fun to hear his stories:D

I thought Paul looked and sounded great last night...he was very witty with Dave and it was fun to hear his stories:D

I thought so too. It was nice that Dave devoted the entire show to Paul. I liked the new song they did after 'Get Back'. And when Dave asked Paul why, after they had been trying for nearly 30 years to get him on the show, he hadn't accepted. "Well Dave, I just don't like the show" :D

And Bruce Willis' top 10 list: How has Bruce Willis been spending his summer?
#1 - Agreeing to do this lame top 10 so I can meet Paul McCartney :applaud:

► Monday, August 24
Anna Wintour (The September Issue)
Mark Teixeira (New York Yankees All-Star 1st Baseman)

►Tuesday, August 25
Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds)
Eugene Levy (Taking Woodstock)
Jet (CD, "Shaka Rock")

►Wednesday, August 26
Anne Heche (Hung)
Jim Parsons (Big Bang Theory)
Care Bears on Fire (CD, "Get Over It!")

►Thursday, August 27
Andy Roddick (US Open)
Mutemath (CD, "Amristice")

►Friday, August 28
Artie Lange (Sirius XM's "The Howard Stern Show")
Comedian Todd Barry
Imogen Heap (CD, "First Train Home")

Monday, September 21
President Barack Obama

Tuesday, September 22
Former President Bill Clinton (2009 Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting)
LeBron James (More Than A Game)

Wednesday, September 23
Simon Baker (The Mentalist)
Mary J. Blige (Single, "Stronger")

Thursday, September 24
Craig Ferguson (Book, "American on Purpose")
Snow Patrol (CD, "A Hundred Million Songs")
Top Ten with New Zealand Prime Minister, John Key

Friday, September 25
Bruce Willis (Surrogates)
LL Cool J (NCIS: Los Angeles)
Noisettes (CD, "Wild Young Hearts")

Monday, September 28
Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives)
Dr. Oz (The Dr. Oz Show)
The Avett Brothers (CD, "I and Love and You")
Top Ten with Brody Jenner

Tuesday, September 29

Kelsey Grammer (Hank)
Alyson Hannigan (How I Met Your Mother)
Miranda Lambert (CD, "Revolution")

Wednesday, September 30
Madonna
Harry Connick, Jr. (CD, "Your Song")

Thursday, October 1
Woody Harrelson (Zombieland)
Kim Kardashian
Tom Russell (CD, "Blood and Candle Smoke")

Friday, October 2

Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm)

Surprised no one mentioned this yet.

Dave has admitted to having been the victim of an attempted extortion. He admitted to having a sexual relationship with two members of his staff in the past and that the extortion was for 2 million dollars to be paid to keep this info quiet. Dave gave this person a phony 2 million dollar check and the police arrested the person afterward.

Since the show is taped in the late afternoon, news of Letterman's extortion was already put on Newsday and other news outlets before the show aired later that night.

So, Dave cheated on the woman who would eventually become the mother of his child and also his wife.

Its his job to make people laugh with jokes about celebrities and politicians and whoever else. Theres a big difference between a few one liners and publicly speaking out about another persons conduct. I dont find what he did to be hypocritical at all. I dont even think what he did should be that big of a deal to anyone but his family. The man is human and he made mistakes. The bigger idiot is the producer who attempted to blackmail him. The guy makes $20 million a year and he decided to commit a felony in an attempt to get an extra $2million? retard

Its his job to make people laugh with jokes about celebrities and politicians and whoever else. Theres a big difference between a few one liners and publicly speaking out about another persons conduct. I dont find what he did to be hypocritical at all. I dont even think what he did should be that big of a deal to anyone but his family.

exactly - while i find the whole affair thing to be pretty reprehensible, i'd think that if it was letterman or if it was my next door neighbour. but it's not actually my business.

I remember watching Letterman hit on the interns and staffers of his show.

I always thought it was harmless.

His behavior is something that would cost many people their job. This is a classic example of sexual harassment. These women's livelihoods depended on his 'good will'.
I imagine he may have paid some 'hush money' to settle a few lawsuits along the way.

You're assuming a lot there.

Letterman clearly isn't interested in airing out his dirty laundry, and just wanted to state the bare facts for his viewers.

If his wife chooses to leave him, she will, and would likely take a lot of money with her. And maybe they've already discussed it. Maybe she already knew before this happened.

Ultimately, it's no one's business but theirs. This isn't exactly out of the ordinary behavior, and there are plenty of other things to get riled up about.

And if there was an incident of harassment, it probably would have come out by now.

Unless you folks feel he should be fired, publicly humiliated, flogged, etc.

Unless you folks feel he should be fired, publicly humiliated, flogged, etc.

I don't feel he should get any of the above. Even if he deserved to be fired, CBS won't because Letterman's a money maker for them.

I think some people may not understand that just by having sex with his underlings he becomes a prime target for a lawsuit.

What is Sexual Harassment?

Sexual harassment at work occurs whenever unwelcome conduct on the basis of gender affects a person's job, It is defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) as unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
submission to the conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual’s employment, or
submission to or rejection of the conduct by an individual is used as a ,basis for employment decisions affecting such individual, or
the conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual's work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
Sexual Harassment Fact Sheet

When one of these women don't get the promotion or pay raise after they have stopped sleeping with him, that is when the problem begins

when one that is sleeping with him gets the promotion
the others who did not respond to his friendly advances make a claim

Companies have clear policies about management/ supervisors sleeping with subordinates, lawsuits with or without merit do succeed.

You have no way of knowing if this was consenual or not. Yes, I understand he's the boss & the celebrity here, but you can't make judgement calls without knowing all the facts, and we never will.

Back
Top Bottom