Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
Was thinking that since we have threads for Letterman and Conan, then we should have one for this guy, too. Wondering who all else out there enjoys him?

The opening monologue on the one I'm watching now was excellent-he went off on a fantastic, hilarious tirade against BP for the Gulf mess :up:. Will have to share a link to it tomorrow if I can find it.

Angela

I am a Craig Ferguson, @Craigyferg fan :up: I love that he's sporting trainers with his suit and tie on his shows now! I love his sidekick too and the akward silence he and his guests do at the end of the interview. His monologues are more fun than Letterman or Leno's. Wasn't too overimpressed with his recent comedy DVD though I have to say. I think he has a brilliant chemistry with most of his guests yet he can be intellectual and "proper" with VIP guests like Nelson Mandela, etc.

I am a Craig Ferguson, @Craigyferg fan :up: I love that he's sporting trainers with his suit and tie on his shows now! I love his sidekick too and the akward silence he and his guests do at the end of the interview.[/B]

Haha, yes :D. I always love how he makes fun of his studio in comparison to the "well-lit, non-leaky, roomy with a band" studios his contemporaries have (I saw Bonnie Hunt's show one day and thought to myself, "For god's sake, even she has a band :p!").

And of course the puppets, too-Sid, Flobert, Wavy, and that guy that pops up dressed in leather and shirtless-some interesting characters roaming around on that set. I really enjoy it when he does those opening dance numbers, he's picked some really interesting songs to do one of those to.

I'm not on Twitter, so I'm not able to follow him on there :(. I'm starting to think I may have to cave in and do so?

His monologues are more fun than Letterman or Leno's. Wasn't too overimpressed with his recent comedy DVD though I have to say. I think he has a brilliant chemistry with most of his guests yet he can be intellectual and "proper" with VIP guests like Nelson Mandela, etc.

Yeah, hearing him talk with people like Bishop Tutu and that is always enjoyable. He seems like a very intelligent guy, and asks some really good questions of people of that stature. He's a better interviewer than many news journalists are. I've always said his interviews are done in a way that it seems he'd have the exact same conversation with these people in his living room. Very informal, relaxed, off the rails, and funny (and flirty, too, there's a whole lotta flirting that keeps happening on that show). Agreed on the monologues, too-I particularly like the ones where he goes off and talks about some historical day that's being celebrated somewhere or when he talks about "National Donut Day" or whatever and just rambles on about that for the entire monologue.

I liked his recent comedy thing myself (the Sean Connery bit had me in stitches, especially the stuff about him speaking Japanese), but that's as familiar as I am with his stand-up, so I dunno, maybe I need to see more or something.

Good to see another person who enjoys the show :) :up:.

Angela

I find him refreshing to hear talk about how proud he is to be an
american and why and why he changed his citizenship. I do think he is intelligent and although he calls himself a comedian, he can act and he also has an intelligent side. Did you see the bits he did after his father passed? I think they are on You Tube. Very touching. I am also glad there are other Ferguson fans out there, or rather here in Interference land!:applaud:

I love that, too, his pride in being a U.S. citizen. I think that's fantastic that he's an official citizen and loves being here so much. He really seems to understand what this country's all about, and I quite enjoyed watching his show during the 2008 campaign-it was really fun and interesting to hear a perspective from someone who wasn't originally from here and who was a new citizen and observing the process. I remember he did an excellent rant of sorts one night about how shocked he was that more Americans didn't vote, and illustrated how important the process really can be by going off about Poland and voting there. He has a tendency to stray from the usual late-night fare in his topics and it's refreshing.

Haven't seen the clips from after his father died, but did see the one where he paid tribute to his mom. So sweet, so touching, so emotional, I wanted to just go give him a big hug :hug:. I'd like to see what he did for his dad, too.

I absolutely love Craig Ferguson! I've watched some interviews that are so silly and fun. One that comes to mind was with Helena Bonham Carter. I don't watch him as often as I'd like, but I've never been disappointed.

Woo! Yeah, Helena and him always make for some entertaining interviews. I love it when he has Joel McHale on, given how good of friends those two are. There was one time when Joel started doing an impression of Craig and it was hysterical. And then of course there's the bizarre world that is his discussions with Steven Wright...

Still have to go look for that clip from the other night. Will do that and share it at some point tonight.

Angela

Excellent, a Craig thread!!! We don't get him here in Oz, unless he's on some pay TV that I refuse to pay for, so I recently discovered him on Youtube. Any clip with him and any other Scot :love:

And Dirk Weems : doublelove:

Hehe, glad you're happy, blueeyedgirl :). Yeah, figured he needed some appreciation, he's kinda underrated in the whole "late night talk show" category (poor guy's never won an Emmy. Somebody should change that, start a campaign or something :p). Shame you don't get him on your actual TV station, but that's why the internet is a wonderful invention, eh?

Just watched that aforementioned bit earlier where he paid tribute to his father. Ohhhhhh, my god, talk about emotional...definitely had me shedding some tears. But like with his mother, it was a lovely tribute-his parents sounded awesome and I appreciate him "introducing" us to them a bit, so to speak. If it's at all possible, I like him even more after watching that.

Anywho, on the lighter side, here's the BP rant, complete with discussion of lesbians in oil, Pluto being told to "suck it", and Craig skipping around in his sneakers :D:
YouTube - Craig Ferguson 6/16/10B Late Late show MONOLOGUE

Angela

:up:

Maybe Ferguson fans should start a petition on Facebook to get Craigy Ferg some deserved attention with an Emmy nod or something....it worked stirring up interest on Facebook to get Betty White to host SNL!

Sounds like a plan to me :yes: :up:. I'm all for that, I'd gladly sign that. He deserves one as much as anyone else does. He won a Peabody Award, after all, I should think that should count for something.

Angela

Great, maybe when I find some time I will set it up. I've got a lot going on at the moment but over the 4th of July weekend I should have some time to be able to do this.

I've sent emails to him so many times hoping to hear one read on the air but sadly, not yet. And I also emailed Craig and the show hoping that when the British comedy group the Mighty Boosh were in America last summer that he would book them on his show but he didn't. He HAS made Boosh references on his show so he does obviously know about them and the show The Mighty Boosh so I hope that is good news on that front. I always love hearing him converse with UK personalities.

Did you see his shows when his sister Lynn has been his guest? HILARIOUS!

Great, maybe when I find some time I will set it up. I've got a lot going on at the moment but over the 4th of July weekend I should have some time to be able to do this.[/B]

Cool :up: :). Just let us know when it's all up and ready.

I've sent emails to him so many times hoping to hear one read on the air but sadly, not yet. And I also emailed Craig and the show hoping that when the British comedy group the Mighty Boosh were in America last summer that he would book them on his show but he didn't. He HAS made Boosh references on his show so he does obviously know about them and the show The Mighty Boosh so I hope that is good news on that front. I always love hearing him converse with UK personalities.

I sent one once, too, but to my knowledge it hasn't been read yet, either (maybe send one about the Emmy campaign, I'm sure that'd get his attention!). Hopefully if and when that group (whom I've heard of but am not exactly familiar with) returns he can have them on. It is fun to see him chat with people from his home continent, definitely-half the time the U.S. audience has no clue what they're going on about and he always has to clarify, and then they talk about the old days in the comedy world over there, or whatever...it's neat.

Did you see his shows when his sister Lynn has been his guest? HILARIOUS!

I saw one interview once, but that's it-I'll have to check out any other conversations the two have had. They share a similar humor, that's pretty obvious :D.

Speaking of hilarious, was watching this again last night, and I'm sorry, I just have to share it, 'cause it cracks me up so much-one of the many opening dance routines I mentioned. He's just totally selling this and it's funny as hell :lmao:, I will never be able to hear this song the same way again now:
YouTube - Craig Ferguson, Oops! He Did It Again!

It's a toss-up between that and "MMMBop" as to my favorite opening number.

Angela

:lmao: That is so so so funny! I'm going to have to watch more often or set my DVR. And the puppets!!!!! I bet he is a crazy crazy fun dad. Gunther all decked out in his S&M leather Leiderhosen hahahaha

:lmao: That is so so so funny! I'm going to have to watch more often or set my DVR.

Hehe, isn't it? That's something you don't see every day on TV!

Yes, I highly recommend you start doing that. Though, somebody usually puts up the shows on YouTube, and I think the CBS website itself has shows as well, will double check on that to be sure. So if you do miss it at night or forget to record it, there's a couple other options for whenever you have a moment free.

And the puppets!!!!! I bet he is a crazy crazy fun dad.

I'd say that's a pretty safe bet-I sometimes wonder if he doesn't come up with that stuff to entertain his son if he's watching at all or something :).

(I remember one night he was talking about how he had a picture of his son on his desk, and he said it was there so that if he ever had a night where he was like, "Why am I doing this again?" or whatever (joking when he said that, but you know), he'd look at the picture and go, "Oh, yeah, that's why" :cute:)

Gunther all decked out in his S&M leather Leiderhosen hahahaha

:lol: Seriously, what's the deal with that guy? Where'd he come from, how'd they find him and rope him into doing that stuff and dressing that way? I like him, too, he seems like fun as well. Anyone who's willing to dress like that on national TV, you gotta like them.

Angela

I watched last night! What crazy banter between Craig and Lisa Kudrow!

I Believe Gunther and many of the others in the skits on the show are Interns. What a fun job THAT would be!!

I watched last night! What crazy banter between Craig and Lisa Kudrow!

:yes: "What you should do, is get on one of those situation comedies. That would be perfect for you..." :lol:.

I can't believe he had the "proper amount of suction" guy on as a guest! That was a neat interview, though, it was just as informative and entertaining as Lisa's was.

I Believe Gunther and many of the others in the skits on the show are Interns. What a fun job THAT would be!!

That's what I was wondering, but I wasn't sure-who knows with that show, after all. That would be a fun job, I can only imagine what a blast it'd be working there some days.

Angela

We've now got Craig on free to air!!!!!

And the other night he did the whole opening monologue on my town's number one attraction, the Crazy Horse strip joint :love:

And they say Adelaide has nothing of interest to tourists....

PS I love Geoff....

Back
Top Bottom