Knight Rider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Anyone watch the new Knight Rider tonite? Meh its not the same! I dont like the voice of Kitt (Val Kilmer?) and that ball thing? What the heck is that all about.

And the car should be a new Pontiac Firebird like this!

2002-Pontiac-Firebird-0212918199000.jpg

Old School Knight Rider was the shit! :heart:

YouTube - Knight Rider episode "Kitt vs Karr"

They had a "premier" for it last year (it may have been this winter) before the writer's strike, and I couldn't make it more than about 15 minutes into the show. It's sad when you miss Hasslehoff in a role...

Yay, la sexy Sicy posted! :yippie:

:D

I would love to see this new one, of course you canNOT beat the classic, but I dont think we will get it here for ages! Aint seen it advertised! :angry:

but hey, I love shiny black cars and that I love Corvettes and that one looks so damn fine I'm in love! :up:

what about Knightboat?

Oh, every week there's a canal.
Or an inlet.
Or a fjord.

:drool:

You bring up a good point. They've had a show about a car, a motorcycle(Street Hawk), and a helicopter (Airwolf AND Blue Thunder) - but the boat market seems untapped. I mean, AD certainly had a some great scenes involving boats, but the boat was not the central character. I think the boats time has come. Develop it, elfa - I'll star and direct, unless you want to star and then I'll take the role of either goofy sidekick or the guy that gives you new missions each week - my signature drink will be gin and tonic with lime because I like that in real life. Who should play the chick?

You bring up a good point. They've had a show about a car, a motorcycle(Street Hawk), and a helicopter (Airwolf AND Blue Thunder) - but the boat market seems untapped. I mean, AD certainly had a some great scenes involving boats, but the boat was not the central character. I think the boats time has come. Develop it, elfa - I'll star and direct, unless you want to star and then I'll take the role of either goofy sidekick or the guy that gives you new missions each week - my signature drink will be gin and tonic with lime because I like that in real life. Who should play the chick?

I don't know - Miami Vice had some killer boats back in the day.

I watched it for nostalgia reasons, but it was just awful... I mean the original was pretty bad but in an 80's cheezy way, this version has no excuse. Tranform into a truck?:huh:

And Val must be desperate...

I loved the original Knight Rider. :drool: My cousin once played the theme in my uncle's car as we were driving to the store. It kicked in just as he was rounding a tricky corner. To this day, it's one of the funniest moments of my life.

I love the theme song, I had it stuck in my head all night last night :lol:

And Val must be desperate...

If I remember correctly, Will Arnett originally did all the recording for it, and they pulled him because he'd done advertising for a competing car company...

So yeah, the show essentially is just a commercial.

If I remember correctly, Will Arnett originally did all the recording for it, and they pulled him because he'd done advertising for a competing car company...

So yeah, the show essentially is just a commercial.

Oh, COME ON!

This is the first show I remember loving!

I was 3 years old and had a toy "Hot Wheels"-type car. I don't think I ever understood the stories and my brothers had to explain them to me, but I could say the same about other shows on TV at around the same time: "A Team" and "Manimal". I remember a truck and its driver named Goliath, which was just Michael Knight with a goatee; okay I saw that on USA when my parents were visiting a time share and one of my brothers was there to explain it to me, too. I was shocked at how cheap it looked, including Knight's tight clothing.

Yet this looks similarly bad. I saw one scene in which the hot guy and hot girl are burning up in Kit because they can't control the temperature, so they strip down to their underwear.

I feel badly for "Billy" from BSG. He's going to be looking for a new job soon.

Sicy's also right about the ugly car.

Back
Top Bottom