Kings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevated_u2_fan

Blue Crack Supplier
Anyone watching this one on NBC?

It has Ian McShane from Deadwood fame.

I've only seen the pilot so far but it's interesting. Very Shakespearean and grand in scale, I have doubts this one will last very long given the current television landscape which is a shame.

I watched the pilot, it was interesting and ambitious (although I didn't realize that on top of everything else, it was trying to be a soap opera) but I didn't watch last night, I heard it got terrible ratings, so I'm thinking it would be better to spare myself.

I watched the second episode and even more twists were added to the plot, it's pretty over dramatic and some scenes are downright cheesy but there is nothing on TV like this currently.

It's a real shame this one is going to be canceled.

I like the show, actually. But, yes, it's a pity that it's on a terrible night (Sunday is far too competitive) and on a lacklustre network. Maybe after ER dies, they can put it on Thursday at 10:00, because I think it would be a better fit, and the competition is weaker....

...oh wait, they're doing that stupid Leno at 10 every night thing still, right? :| What a waste of scheduling space.

I really want to like it and so far will keep watching, but it seems a bit overly pretentious. A lot of the dialogue is ridiculous. I realize this is supposed to be an alternate universe kind of thing and it's not really America, but no one talks like that, I don't care if you're a king or not.

It's a modern day retelling of the King David story. And I'd watch Ian McShane yell at an actual piece of shit for an hour every week cause he's that damn good. Al Sweargen = greatest character ever. Though beyond Ian McShane, the show is kinda meh. I like it, and I'll keep watching it, but I really hope they make the characters more interesting. Everyone else is such a cliche.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom