Justified

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No spoken words

Blue Crack Supplier
is a new series on FX.

It stars Timothy Olyphant as a reluctantly relocated US Marshall, working in the area he was born in, raised in and escaped from.

Did anyone watch the premiere last week?

I did and I enjoyed it. Not great but entertaining enough. Olyphant is good. It's not quite a repeat (there's a better word for this and it's eluding me) of his Deadwood role, he shows more charisma here, etc.

is a new series on FX.

It stars Timothy Olyphant as a reluctantly relocated US Marshall, working in the area he was born in, raised in and escaped from.

Did anyone watch the premiere last week?

I did and I enjoyed it. Not great but entertaining enough. Olyphant is good. It's not quite a repeat (there's a better word for this and it's eluding me) of his Deadwood role, he shows more charisma here, etc.

not great is right

I enjoyed his character much more in Deadwood, it kind of fit for the era?
And there were plenty of other colorful characters in that series.

This guy is just boring, I will give it a few more episodes.

Breaking Bad is a much better series.

I'm sure it is, but one can watch both. :shrug:

Anyway, like you, I'm going to watch a few more and see what's what.

with dvr and onDemand I watch just about everything, it is just a question of how high I rate the program. I was hoping this would be a bit better, the pilot usually is the high point, a few more episodes will let me drop it, if it slips

Deadwood did get better after the pilot.

with dvr and onDemand I watch just about everything, it is just a question of how high I rate the program. I was hoping this would be a bit better, the pilot usually is the high point, but like will give it at least a few more episodes

Deadwood did get better after the pilot.

Makes sense, I just didn't see the point of mentioning Breaking Bad.

I'm not really expecting all that much, truth be told. I just like Olyphant a lot.

If it's 1/2 as good as Deadwood was I'll be thrilled.

Also, there's just not a lot of current series that I care about. I am going to watch Season 1 of Breaking Bad via Netflix, looking forward to that....

didn't want to derail, ( I thought about starting a new thread about all the (current) crap I am watching on TV)

I just watched them both, 3rd season opener for Breaking Bad in the last couple of days, I think you will like Breaking Bad, give it a few episodes,
they have some real good heavies in that series

You can't derail a thread that's really not on rails at this point. :)

I've heard nothing but great things concerning Breaking Bad. It's in my queue, though Netflix reports a slight delay in getting it to me.

I think my expectations for Justified were a bit too high

I hope yours are not too high for Breaking Bad,
it is a small show, without much of a budget and a small cast.

I was not expecting too much when I first started watching it.

I liked him in "A Perfect Getaway". Was intrigiued by the commercials for Justified, but just never tuned in.

I liked Hitman, didn't realize it was him until after I watched it.

did not see the last episode, yeah, the series is ok, I think I was just expecting more.

edit to add

he was good in the Crazies too, that movie was very entertaining

A Perfect Getaway > The Crazies > Justified

I agree the Pilot was entertaining enough, but not great.

I missed the second episode, but my friends that watch it liked it and said it was better than the Pilot.

I liked the third episode.

And, without TiVo or DVR, I've probably now missed the 4th episode. :doh:

Hey NSW I know not what this Netflix thingy is, but do yourself a favor and just download the entire Season 1 and 2 of Breaking Bad (unless you have a moral objection to torrenting in which case I understand) - I differ from what deep says about high expectations, I had high expectations based on the recommendation of one of my best friends who's opinion I value highly and they were actually exceeded. The most recent episode of Season 3 was a bit sluggish, but the show itself is riveting imo and I'm fully invested in the characters. Small budget or not, this is is really good drama.

(sorry for the sidetrack!)

Netflix is my god.

But, even if it did not exist, yeah, I'm one of those against torrenting (I try not to preach about it).

I will be watching the show sooner or later, though. And I look forward to it.

I randomly flipped to this for one minute and some black guy got pulled over and said "I was greasin' slopes...in the Mekong Delta...when you and your boyfriend were still suckin' on yo momma's tittays!"

I laughed and then changed the channel.

Is anyone still watching this?

I was listening to Patton Oswalt on a podcast, and he was saying that this may be his favorite show on TV.

:shrug:

Curious if it's worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom