Justified

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spoken Words spoke highly of it
and I did/do find him to be one of our more 'credible' posters.

So much so, that I would make an effort to catch up on back episodes if I could find a marathon on a cable channel.

what's wrong with all you chuckleheads?

NSW was right

there's far too little talk of Justified here, given Breaking Bad's popularity in this forum. There's a very well done sense here shared with both shows of history and being unable to escape your choices; paired with smart one-upsmanship. There's a stretch from the middle of season 2 to the end that's just constantly flipping power dynamics/your assumptions back and forth so expertly.

Midway through season 3 now on a binge. Timothy Olyphant! Walton Goggins! Joelle Carter! Just killing it. And visually, the show's so good.

yes its good, not quite as solid as Breaking Bad

without Walton Goggins, I would have given up. He was great in The Shield also. If Breaking Bad is an 8.5, Justified is about a 7.5 at most. But good.

When you get caught up with this series, I can recommend Banshee,
because it is on cable it has all the action plus some nudity.,

The next two weekends are the premieres of Doctor Who, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones, so I'm powering through Justified to clean the slate, and midway through season 4 now. This actually matches up near perfectly with how I watched Breaking Bad; by getting into it when season 4 started, and catching up to the season 4 finale just after it aired.

Season 2 was admittedly a highwater mark, and deep I see your point of view a little more clearly now as a slight step below BB. Some of the last season+ has been well made, but not quite as gripping as Mags Bennett's story. But I think the ensemble cast is strong, and they're even giving Tim an emotional story arc now!

I got into Justified based on NSWs suggestion and quite liked it and then I thought it stopped. Is it back on? I'm so behind. I guess I ended with the season where Mags dies.

Should I get back into it?

Wow, these last two week's episodes were vintage, particularly "Decoy". Tim and Colt finally pay off! Season 4 is finishing really strongly, and the season finale is next Tuesday.

gvox, I think you should give season 3 a try. Mags Bennett is gone, but Neal McDonough and Jere Burns do a good job to fill her shoes. S2 has the slight advantage by its twisty plotting at the conclusion while S3 is more straightforward, but the show really is a sturdy ship. You won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom